My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:hellocomputer:It is just now starting to get hot here, wish we had central insted of widow units in two of the bedrooms and one wall unit in the living room. The living room one is out of commission until the landlord can get in to work on it. The one for the big bedroom died last year and it's replacement is still in the box in the trunk of the car. I got the small bedroom window unit put in today and Gypsy is so mad at me for wrecking one of her prime outside watching lounge areas that she has been avoiding me ever since :angrycat:

Very glad you got some Air going! It is getting hot! I understand that Gupsy is missing her viewing spot. The cats her didn’t like the change either. I got the stink eye!

That pic of Mitsy cracked me up. :crackup:

Lol I got a very critical look! Sometimes words are not needed! :lol:

Jcatbird Jcatbird The EXPRESSIONS! Anyone who is under the mistaken impression that cats' faces are impassive needs to visit your posts daily. They will soon be disabused of that notion!
The expression on a kitty face can work wonders!
I have had a visitor lately who was afraid of cats and is allergic. She came to my house! Oh my! It has worked out well. She has fallen in love with BJ and he follows her around like he’s attached. He’s doing a great job of teaching her to love kitties. She took allergy pills so she could hold and play with him today. He sits beside her with folded paws, keeps all the other cats away from her and gives her his cutest expressions! She has taken lots of photos of him now. She texted me one that she had decorated with hearts and his name. In another she put sunglasses on him in the photo. :coolcat:We have a new kitty lover! BJ seemed to understand just how to act around this young lady. He gave her his most soulful look! Smart boy BJ!

It sounds like those dogs were a pain. They might have reflected the way a human affected them too. Very glad you don’t have to deal with that. Kitties are a lot less messy. There are some things dogs do that a kitty would NEVER do!

They certainly have a wide range of (admittedly) fairly subtle expressions, but they DO HAVE THEM! Anyone who spends time with cats catches on to that!

Isn’t that the truth! The more you are around them, the more you understand the expressions and body language.

I do. I haven't needed it with Hekitty, but I had a big ginger tom named Primus who would eat ANYTHING, with the expected results. Pumpkin generally got him straightened out. And with kittens who have been living rough and scrounging garbage to survive, I'd expect some tummy upsets!
I’m hoping that @surya has had a better day and so have those little babies!

It looks like I am about to undertake a huge job! Replacing a floor and subfloor! Yikes! I still have to get delivery on the lumber but have everything else. The room where the Bengal boys stay! I moved them into another room today and got all the furniture out. Rats! I replaced the AC in there. I already painted in there. Banjo helped. I replaced the outlets. Ouch! It’s going to be an adventure for me! I hope I can get it done! I found a spot near the door that is deteriorated wood! I think the ants got it. I just hope they didn’t get below the subfloor. Please send good vibes! I’m definitely going to need them. :help::help::help: :doh:
59E6213F-9129-449F-8189-0F6F2C985C02.jpeg

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
find that things with tomato based sauces stain some plastic and garlic can linger.
I think onion is the worst. :cringe:

wish we had central insted of widow units in two of the bedrooms and one wall unit in the living room.
I agree, it's a hassle to put them in every room.

Gypsy is so mad at me for wrecking one of her prime outside watching lounge areas
Same here, the cat window seats have to come out to put the air conditioners in the windows, and the kitties get upset that they can't look out anymore.

She has taken lots of photos of him now. She texted me one that she had decorated with hearts and his name. In another she put sunglasses on him in the photo.
I love this story! BJ stealing hearts again. :heartshape:

It looks like I am about to undertake a huge job! Replacing a floor and subfloor!
I'm very impressed that you know how to do all that yourself! Good vibes sent your way. :vibes:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On the topic of cat facial expression, I decided to do a photo “shoot” with BJ and Flowers to concentrate just on them. I ushered the other kitties into the kitchen for treats and gave BJ and Flowers their treats to get them away from the others. This is what happened.

:p

Okay kitties! Let’s get a great portrait photo! Kitties. Kitties.
FF41896A-7AB7-49CF-94C3-FAD8103A37C6.jpeg

Can you guys look this way?
16D5F895-5CD6-4B6C-8110-CB4FC2E419C5.jpeg

Bj. Look towards me.
4929EBE3-6EF9-48FB-8F51-DD50A2643721.jpeg

Well, that’s better but look at the camera.
0CB30825-8655-492D-A115-892049FC6793.jpeg

Ahhhh, look at the camera with a little happier expression.
4874F44B-C30F-4418-9995-CA3218B8E1CF.jpeg

Okay. I guess a far off, dreamy expression will work for a portrait! Get a little closer together. Bj look down at Flowers instead of looking bored.
06006DFE-118A-4960-9219-364284C276DC.jpeg

Awwww! That’s sweet!
336A8424-AA74-4562-BDD0-1F594502D87B.jpeg

Now wait a minute kitties! Not that close!
446E80D4-8188-49F8-A5F4-9A245AE962F6.jpeg

Bj! Is that cattitude? Come on. One great photo?
48751C39-84BC-4049-9F75-C3C60D261845.jpeg

:yess: Much better! Now....if you could.....
B2CEC2DF-F437-43DD-858D-135C2F3ECE56.jpeg

Wait..... Flowers........don’t go.
EB01DECE-E28E-4DED-891E-2C46B7BB88C9.jpeg

Oh. I recognize that expression.
1D7041C1-1DD3-4EA4-8E87-A6CBB99EAE6E.jpeg

We’re done.
9FA17CC9-C14F-49C3-A458-8A8A8223AD45.jpeg

What if I give more treats?

Flowers? BJ? Kitties? Kitties? :chessirecat:

:flail: A vanishing act! All things considered, I think they were very gracious. I love how their expressions shifted from just enjoying treats and each other to being tolerant of my human requests, to trying to please me and finally to, just had enough! :lol: Thank you kitties!

Have a great night everyone and watch out for those kitty expressions. A subtle look can speak volumes. :angelcat:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We have a new kitty lover! BJ seemed to understand just how to act around this young lady. He gave her his most soulful look! Smart boy BJ!
I'm not surprised she fell in love with BJ. I mean look at all his online fans who've been taken in under the BJ spell just from pictures and stories. In purr-son his power would be impossible to ignore. Love ya, BJ. :catrub:

Please send good vibes! I’m definitely going to need them. :help::help::help: :doh:
Good luck. :goodluck: Good vibes. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:
Do post pics if the cats decide to give you a hand... er, paw. :catman:

I decided to do a photo “shoot” with BJ and Flowers to concentrate just on them.
Lovely photos. BJ and Flowers must be related, as they have similar features.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On the topic of cat facial expression, I decided to do a photo “shoot” with BJ and Flowers to concentrate just on them. I ushered the other kitties into the kitchen for treats and gave BJ and Flowers their treats to get them away from the others. This is what happened.

:p

Okay kitties! Let’s get a great portrait photo! Kitties. Kitties.
View attachment 286521
Can you guys look this way?
View attachment 286522
Bj. Look towards me.View attachment 286532
Well, that’s better but look at the camera.
View attachment 286523
Ahhhh, look at the camera with a little happier expression.
View attachment 286524
Okay. I guess a far off, dreamy expression will work for a portrait! Get a little closer together. Bj look down at Flowers instead of looking bored.
View attachment 286525
Awwww! That’s sweet!
View attachment 286527
Now wait a minute kitties! Not that close!
View attachment 286528
Bj! Is that cattitude? Come on. One great photo?
View attachment 286529
:yess: Much better! Now....if you could.....
View attachment 286530
Wait..... Flowers........don’t go. View attachment 286536
Oh. I recognize that expression.
View attachment 286531
We’re done.
View attachment 286539
What if I give more treats?

Flowers? BJ? Kitties? Kitties? :chessirecat:

:flail: A vanishing act! All things considered, I think they were very gracious. I love how their expressions shifted from just enjoying treats and each other to being tolerant of my human requests, to trying to please me and finally to, just had enough! :lol: Thank you kitties!

Have a great night everyone and watch out for those kitty expressions. A subtle look can speak volumes. :angelcat:
They are so beautiful together!
You are truly amazing, Jcatbird Jcatbird . My ex could do almost anything building-related, but he would not touch electrical. Fortunately one of his bros is an electrician so between the two of them, anything that needed doing could be done. I had a plumber install a garbage disposal and he did it wrong (unknown to me). When it bit the dust a short time later I had another plumber from a different company (of course) put a new one in and he told me the one the first plumber put in was done incorrectly and it could have been a disaster. I have much respect for electrical and for anyone who deals with it.
BEST thoughts, wishes and *PRAYERS* for you in your endeavors!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not the least surprised that BJ made a convert. I've been in love with him from day one! FIRST PICTURE, and I was a goner!

Hekitty loves the pictures of BJ's "soulful" look and asked that I share her favortie "soulful" photo.
View attachment 286623
*TORTLE POWER*!!!
IMG_0634.JPG
*Tarifa definitely approves!*

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Much better! Now....if you could.....
That's my favorite pic from your photo shoot. True love. :itslove:

I'm not surprised she fell in love with BJ. I mean look at all his online fans who've been taken in under the BJ spell just from pictures and stories.
I'm definitely a founding member of BJ's fan club. :petcat:

I have much respect for electrical and for anyone who deals with it.
My brother is an electrical engineer. :)

Hekitty loves the pictures of BJ's "soulful" look and asked that I share her favortie "soulful" photo.
That's a very soulful selfie, Hekitty. Thanks for sharing. :loveeyes:

*TORTLE POWER*!!!
Torties are the key to my heart. :redheartpump:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not surprised she fell in love with BJ. I mean look at all his online fans who've been taken in under the BJ spell just from pictures and stories. In purr-son his power would be impossible to ignore. Love ya, BJ. :catrub:

He’s a true love for sure. He does seem to get a lot of attention. Even with the kitties! Lol I guess we all love a lover.

Good luck. :goodluck: Good vibes. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:
Do post pics if the cats decide to give you a hand... er, paw. :catman:

Thank you. I need the good vibes! Lol

I managed to keep the kitties out today. This is going to be a long job. Somehow the store sent my order of lumber to another city! I have to go back to the store to get it straight. The store in the other city claims that they won’t be sending the wood. That’s what I get for ordering it from a big box store. I got great help from the employee when I was there but today on the phone with customer service........:doh:

Lovely photos. BJ and Flowers must be related, as they have similar features.

They could be related. Different generation maybe.

They are so beautiful together!
You are truly amazing, Thanks but at my age, you tend to have just done a lot of stuff. Lol

Jcatbird Jcatbird . My ex could do almost anything building-related, but he would not touch electrical. Fortunately one of his bros is an electrician so between the two of them, anything that needed doing could be done. I had a plumber install a garbage disposal and he did it wrong (unknown to me). When it bit the dust a short time later I had another plumber from a different company (of course) put a new one in and he told me the one the first plumber put in was done incorrectly and it could have been a disaster. I have much respect for electrical and for anyone who deals with it.
BEST thoughts, wishes and *PRAYERS* for you in your endeavors!
Thank you for the wishes and prayers! All needed.

Sending you tons of good wishes, and thank you for sharing about BJ helping make a convert to the Kitty Side :)
Thank you too! I hope I get this accomplished! Lol

Bj is a great one to win hearts.

I'm not the least surprised that BJ made a convert. I've been in love with him from day one! FIRST PICTURE, and I was a goner!

Yeah, I tried to resist his charms but, no chance. Lol

View attachment 286623

Hekitty! Lovely soulful look! Sweet face baby!

*TORTLE POWER*!!! View attachment 286626*Tarifa definitely approves!*
Tariffa, you definitely have Tortle power!
I’m under your power!

Muffin wanted to demonstrate her own influence around here. Her look isn’t exactly soulful though. This is how I think the discussion went.

Pet time Mom.
E3AD6432-6577-4D81-843B-ACB59B897941.jpeg

Oh. Muffin is already here.
BDDB3D61-0B3A-4B0F-A724-63F5B33EE403.jpeg

Muffin, can I come in the lap?
486FBE73-44E9-40B1-A5A6-AFA9031C265B.jpeg

If you don’t bother me.
6E11A654-CB8C-4603-B009-DDC3280D2644.jpeg

Banjo, can I join you?
207B3CCA-905F-4A2F-8A70-E035D7B25B92.jpeg

I don’t know. You better ask Muffin.
BFB9C9AD-03C4-4044-9EA6-CA40BB3C1019.jpeg

Two! No! Vanish!
EC89A8E4-F940-4692-9599-29C46F8B7119.jpeg

Heh. Tortle power!
C5126B7A-E3A4-4FEC-8254-E69EB1FAC1FE.jpeg

I have a magic paw. I made kitties vanish!
22EC34BB-31C4-4A7F-ABF2-3D2B75434640.jpeg

Now I have the Mom lap to myself.
9B5E3257-4F18-40EF-9F98-9ED7217A769E.jpeg

Unh. Another one?
C930763D-727C-4A18-AFE1-6384EC713ACF.jpeg

Vanish Lady!
EF3E8670-1886-4A9C-93F0-C6ABC2A552BA.jpeg

Tortle power is nice. Works every time.
C3D41621-1676-4FCF-8C76-326FA2F809E9.jpeg

Eeeew. Did you see that? Whistle is scared. Muffin has Tortle power.
8598B391-03A7-435D-BAA5-61CA2EFD8DEA.jpeg

Mom! I’m not coming up for pets tonight! I don’t want to vanish!
21F35772-BDFD-44AC-9D98-C1E24847499D.jpeg

Awww! It’s okay Whistle. The others didn’t really vanish. Muffin just ran them off.

Could Mom come to Whistle for pets?
244772D9-B781-48A8-99F2-CA8AE8E9F3B0.jpeg

:lol: Yes.

I did go to Whistle. Muffin got her way! There’s something about these Torties. :flail:

Have a great night everyone! :heartshape:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's my favorite pic from your photo shoot. True love. :itslove:

I'm definitely a founding member of BJ's fan club. :petcat:

Heh! Me too! Part of my reply to @rubysmama got caught up in the quote box. Oops! BJ is a real character. My hero kitty.

My brother is an electrical engineer. :)

That’s handy to have in the family! Tell him he can come and visit the South! Lol

That's a very soulful selfie, Hekitty. Thanks for sharing. :loveeyes:
Yes, thank you Hekitty and Yarifa!

Torties are the key to my heart. :redheartpump:

Shhh! Don’t let the Muffin hear you. She already tries to run the Clowder. :lol:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They could be related. Different generation maybe.

Thank you for the wishes and prayers! All needed.

Thank you too! I hope I get this accomplished! Lol

Bj is a great one to win hearts.

Hekitty! Lovely soulful look! Sweet face baby!

Tariffa, you definitely have Tortle power!
I’m under your power!

Muffin wanted to demonstrate her own influence around here. Her look isn’t exactly soulful though. This is how I think the discussion went.

Pet time Mom.
View attachment 286658
Oh. Muffin is already here.
View attachment 286659
Muffin, can I come in the lap?
View attachment 286660
If you don’t bother me.
View attachment 286661
Banjo, can I join you?
View attachment 286662
I don’t know. You better ask Muffin.
View attachment 286663
Two! No! Vanish!
View attachment 286664
Heh. Tortle power!
View attachment 286665
I have a magic paw. I made kitties vanish!
View attachment 286666
Now I have the Mom lap to myself.
View attachment 286667
Unh. Another one?
View attachment 286668
Vanish Lady!
View attachment 286669
Tortle power is nice. Works every time.
View attachment 286670
Eeeew. Did you see that? Whistle is scared. Muffin has Tortle power. View attachment 286672
Mom! I’m not coming up for pets tonight! I don’t want to vanish!View attachment 286673
Awww! It’s okay Whistle. The others didn’t really vanish. Muffin just ran them off.

Could Mom come to Whistle for pets?View attachment 286675
:lol: Yes.

I did go to Whistle. Muffin got her way! There’s something about these Torties. :flail:

Have a great night everyone! :heartshape:
If only our laps were accomodating to many cats at one time! What bliss that would be! I have a pic of my mom with our two boys from when I was small, on her lap. A gorgeous pic! *Yes, the power of the Tortle is considerable!*
IMG_0729.JPG
*Tarifa Tortleshell and Big Blue Elvis*

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Muffin wanted to demonstrate her own influence around here.
I agree, I think it's Muffin's turn to shine. :sunshine:

Unh. Another one?
You had to know that would be my favorite photo! Muffin & Lady together. :loveeyes:

If only our laps were accomodating to many cats at one time!
Demi won't sit on my lap, he prefers to sit on my chest and crush me. :rolleyes:

Tarifa Tortleshell and Big Blue Elvis
Two of my favorite colored kitties. :heartshape:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Ahhhh! Beautiful babies. Elvis sees the power too! Lol

M maggiedemi Demi is a crusher huh? I have a Bonjure crusher. I think they want to be near our face! Bonjure does head bumps too.

Today was hot! I found more ants but no photos! Lol I found a giant lady spider too. She had eggs so she was caught in a net and released with her future children. No photos of her either. I took some but since she wasn’t a cat.... lol
No spoiler alerts needed.

The ants did some damage to the wood so I have a lot of work ahead of me. Doing this is going to be slow going. Wood is really heavy! Lol The ants are gone now. I am very lucky that I found them early. Most of the wood is untouched. The walls are okay but part of the subfloor has to be replaced. I’ll be busy for some time ripping out the old stuff and installing new. They did not get to the support beams/joists. Yay! These guys don’t eat wood like termites but they do turn it to dust.

I did not let the cats into the room today. I had to punch holes in the Sheetrock and pull up flooring. I wasn’t sure what I would find so it wasn’t safe for the kitties. After the new subfloor is down, they can go explore and help me put in the new laminate. Maybe Banjo can help spackle or do some sanding. I’ll have to paint over the spackle so I know she’ll want to help with that again.:bluepaw: :flail:

This is the opinion about today from some of the cats.

Mom, I can hunt flies. Can I help today?
7820AFD2-3A95-4921-BEF3-70E1D13C72D4.jpeg

Did you say it’s not flies?!?!?
5D52D601-EF24-4868-A7EF-B4D425FB8A2A.jpeg

Ants?
CD5158F3-C0E8-485D-97CF-3C374068A24F.jpeg

Ahhhh.....
BAF5ABFF-2D7C-46FA-9E17-9819ECBE87FF.jpeg

That’s not as much fun as helping you paint.
66D3F59E-334B-4A7C-A483-52B7EE71CCFB.jpeg

I’ll stay in until you really need me.
2AE0728B-0A60-4839-9D3C-682016D7F1C3.jpeg

Want me to make them vanish?
FF8BDFB8-4AF2-45DC-A866-5668F6185D6B.jpeg

Not even Muffin can do that.
596A16F9-EC11-4DB1-A909-2F1BB99FC856.jpeg

I’m glad you made the ants leave Mom.
4888FEB7-1B3C-40E8-B710-3F414131CF0A.jpeg

It was a lot of work guarding the other cats today.
990C6953-D305-430C-AA37-40B49EBE7CDC.jpeg

It wore me out.
BE78DAC9-11DD-424E-8274-67C3DA553E56.jpeg

I’m here for you though!
D03EB96B-B534-41A2-ABF2-8C57B715226A.jpeg

I’ll stay up to comfort you.
289AB866-53C7-4AE6-A81F-566239EAC6BD.jpeg

Thank you Banjo.
DFE57189-C51F-4C32-B6AE-EDEFB5D05E0E.jpeg

Zzzzzzzzz! Banjo? ;)
835F34D0-A696-489F-90B7-B3789BBD9250.jpeg

:lol: Nothing beats the comfort given by a kitty. Banjo is asleep with her paw still on my shoulder. Sweet girl. As tired as she is, she came to see about me. Somehow it made me less tired.:redheartpump:

Thanks for all the good vibes everyone. Most of the subfloor is okay and only a small amount of other places are affected. It could have been far, far worse. All of the structural wood is untouched. That’s the most important part. I know I could not have repaired that myself. Thank you for being my structural support. :grouphug2:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I found a giant lady spider too. She had eggs so she was caught in a net and released with her future children. No photos of her either. I took some but since she wasn’t a cat.... lol
No spoiler alerts needed.
Really, really appreciate the lack of spider pics. Because have an arachnid phobia, which I've recently learned include ticks. :fear:

The ants are gone now. I am very lucky that I found them early. Most of the wood is untouched. The walls are okay but part of the subfloor has to be replaced. I’ll be busy for some time ripping out the old stuff and installing new.
I'm glad you found them early, and "evicted" them. And I am in awe of the many different types of odd jobs you can do yourself.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One thing that concerns me is that carpenter ants usually go after damp wood. Is there any sign of water infiltration from the roof or around a window?

You are exactly right. The person who installed the Frech doors failed to caulk at the base of the door or above the strip of wood where the step joined the base of the door. There was moisture that penetrated the edge of the floor and they went straight for it. I’m just sick about it. I stripped out all the floor covering and have been ripping out the wood. These ants are nocturnal so I was out late last night hunting and tracking. I’ll be on the roof today. Really worried about that. The roof isn’t very old. I replaced it so hoping it’s okay. Thanks for the tip. Still investigating. This will be a long process.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Really, really appreciate the lack of spider pics. Because have an arachnid phobia, which I've recently learned include ticks. :fear:

I'm glad you found them early, and "evicted" them. And I am in awe of the many different types of odd jobs you can do yourself.

I figured that I should not put any more of the bug shots. My mom was so terrified of spiders she jumped out of a moving car!

I have had to learn to do a lot of things but really, I never know enough. Raising Sarah without help left me needing to do many things. I would rather somebody else did this job! :lol:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're beyond incredible, Jcatbird Jcatbird and I know about having to learn to do things (to his credit, huge props to my ex, from whom I learned much) and wishing someone else could do them (but knowing they won't, and in my case, knowing the compromise would come at far too great a cost). But I couldn't do roofing (bad feet, not the greatest balance because of them, and of course, healthy fear of being on a roof because of them!) or electrical, or flooring...etc., etc., etc! You are just amazing.
When I knew we were going to have to move down here, my ex did the necessary remodeling, painting, installs, etc. and one thing he did was replace a whole frame on the French doors. Weird things, though -- he found a very high quality frame in great condition underneath the one he had to remove. He put on the replacement over it, though, because he paid a lot to have it made (custom) and couldn't take it back. I still had leakage, though, not precisely there but over it -- and when I had the guys I hire for painting, roof stuff, etc., check it out, they found that the metal awning over the French doors was the source of that leak, so they patched that. :sigh: They've found a couple of things that could have been bad, and fixed them. I'm so glad to chose them from among several contenders -- they're third-generation family-owned business and based largely on that, I decided to go with them. I haven't been sorry.
Continuing *PRAYERS* for you in all of the work you're doing! And it's very good to see you're getting plenty of expert "overseeing":goodluck::hangin::clap2:

Status
Not open for further replies.