My Diy Litter Box Deodorizer.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
J Johnv713 have you taken one or several samples to your vet to see what he says? This really doesn't sound normal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Johnv713

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I shouldve brought a sample in last time i was at the clinic. Will do in a few days when my work slows down. In the meantime, gonna ask a friend to stop by petsmart to pick up some high wnd dru food tonsee if that’ll help. Thanks!

Johnv713

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
High end dry food *

Johnv713

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Update: Went to the evil empire aka Petsmart and picked up a 13lbs Purina Natural dry food. Im totally in awe with the brand because let me tell you the little spoil brats poop less. I’d say 50% less outputs and the smell is somewhat better. Their poop is nowhere near smell like rainbiws and unicorn but i’m happy so far. And theyre not runny either.
Bought probiotics and some herbal worm pills from another evil empire aka Amazon :) but havent tried them yet. TFF!

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still want to know what your vet says about the stink poo. That's just so odd. 55 years of cats never had that happen. I want to know what caused it.

Johnv713

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yea me too. If i had to guess i attribute it to the cheap food i bought from Walmart that has all the nasty fillers. If that’s not the culprit its probably the worms which i already have the treatment handy, ready to go.

55 yrs is a long time. Here’s to another 55 in the making :)

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, I mark the years in cats not days.

What food from Walmart, their own brand? It won't hurt to name names.

Johnv713

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Special kitty, meow mix, and whatever else was cheapest at the time.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah I've found that food coloring really ups the stink factor.

But unneutered males! Phew! I can't stand to have one in the house. The only litter I've found that sort of works for unneutered males is Fresh Step non-clumping, the kind with activated charcoal.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know about Special kitty, but I think Meow Mix which cats love, is similar to Kibbles & bits for dogs and best served during the seasons when the windows are open.

Johnv713

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
it’s funny none of my unneutered spray/mark their territories. I caught it once and that was pretty much it. Guess im lucky.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You should rush out and buy a couple of lottery tickets, kinda lucky.

But the pee itself even not sprayed is still going to be a bit strong in the litter box. That's not a bad thing since you can look forward to it being less strong in the future.