My cat’s mysterious anemia is probably cancer

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

anxiousvesper

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cats have FeLV, the one that was diagnosed was so sick, he couldn't walk, the vet said his blood cell count on both red and white were almost zero, he didn't know how he kept going. He is still with me 3.5 years later. How I don't know. the vet explained if they can just hang on long enough, the bone marrow makes more cells. He said he has seen SO many miracles with cats, they seem magical. I didn't even test the other two, his brother and mother because it wouldn't matter. I had already nursed them through Distemper when they were strays that showed up and so many others died. I almost forced him to eat some Delectable Lickables, he survived on a few licks a day. we even dug his grave. I started him on DMG an immune system supplement, and LifeGold, a supplement for cancers. all three still get it every day. I'm afraid to stop.....
It's SO hard to live with this hanging over your head. i understand how completely shattered you are, while the rest of the world just keeps on going. While yours has stopped.
Don't give up, just keep on going until your little one can't go on anymore, then still hold on and love her all you can. Just take one day at a time and love that little girl with all your heart. Be grateful for every minute you have with her. I will pray for you both......
That’s really funny that you say he started making his own cels again because that’s what’s happened with Tosie. She was diagnosed with chronic nonregenerative anemia with no known cause. Up until recently we had accepted she would always be nonregenerative. Until the last few tests began to show regeneration, with each test showing more than the last.

I’m truly so happy to hear about your miraculous little guy, 3.5 years is incredible! And I really understand exactly what you mean when you say it hurts to see the world keep moving while yours has stopped. That’s exactly how I feel. I feel like my whole world has just stopped in this unknown and terrifying place and I can’t seem to find my way out

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That’s really funny that you say he started making his own cels again because that’s what’s happened with Tosie. She was diagnosed with chronic nonregenerative anemia with no known cause. Up until recently we had accepted she would always be nonregenerative. Until the last few tests began to show regeneration, with each test showing more than the last.

I’m truly so happy to hear about your miraculous little guy, 3.5 years is incredible! And I really understand exactly what you mean when you say it hurts to see the world keep moving while yours has stopped. That’s exactly how I feel. I feel like my whole world has just stopped in this unknown and terrifying place and I can’t seem to find my way out
Thinking of you guys and hoping that you've gotten some good, encouraging news. :hugs: