My cat keeps walking all over me and waking me up!!!!

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Grace will sleep all night at the bottom of the bed however as soon as the alarm goes off she’s up and there is no going back .. if I snooze the alarm it doesn’t matter as she will bite and hook my toes from the bottom of the bed and chirp until she’s fed !

maryah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I also love having my cat sleep on the bed with me... but being retired, I have no desire to get up early. From Rani's first day with me, she doesn't get fed right away when I get up, so she doesn't associate the two. If i get up at 8, she doesn't get fed until I go to the kitchen for my 2nd cup of coffee around 9, and her little short term memory doesn't relate it at all with getting out of bed. (She has a bit of dry food available during the night, so no starvation going on here.) LOL!
Once in a while she does get playful in the middle of the night, bringing her stuffed mouse onto the bed and batting it around. I just grab it and hide it under my pillow, she settles down pretty fast.

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@valentine gives Juliette Zyrtec for allergies...and appetite.
I KNEW IT! I figured it HAD to be that :censored: antihistamine! Thirteen has turned into an absolute terror. Not even two hours after she's eaten she's in my kitchen pacing back and forth on the counter-tops and meowing. If I'm sitting on my sofa and get up she darts into the kitchen and starts meowing, thinking it's food time again.

And I'm not even going to tell you what she's like around 3:30 a.m. The language I'd be obligated to use is not for the faint of heart.
:cloudy:
Plus, those :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: antihistamines don't even work! She's still scratching up a storm.

I've got a call into her vet so hopefully he will change her to something with fewer side effects. In all seriousness, it isn't just the fact that her behavior leaves much to be desired. It's the fact that I don't want her to be hungry all the time and uncomfortable. There has to be a better solution for us both.

Last edited:

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think @valentine319 's cat is much better since she switched to raw. I was hoping she might see this thread and maybe share some tips with you on the antihistamine and allergies. Her cat was also tearing her fur out for awhile. Don't want to hijack the thread topic though. Perhaps send her a PM?