My cat keeps walking all over me and waking me up!!!!

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my this all sounds so familiar! 
  I ignore it all, and put my head under my pillow near the edge so I can breathe, and they have learned it doesn't work. Waffles now will just come and sit and stare at me waiting to be fed. It's like when you knowwwww something is watching you....he just sits there and the vibes come across and wake me up 

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did a Google search this morning and dredged up this old thread. My lovely almost-three-year-old female tuxedo Thirteen, who NEVER bothers me in the mornings, was dancing around on my stomach this morning like Madonna, JLo & Beyonce all combined. I ignored her for several hours until it became impossible to do so. I finally got up and fed her and her "brother" Atticus, so I'm afraid that now I've given into her I'm done for.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:alright: Maybe it was just a "one off", but you may need to put her on the floor a few times, then send her out of the room and close the door if moving her off the bed doesn't work. Just for a few days. She'll probably figure it out quickly.

My newest cat did a "first" last night while I was trying to get to sleep. She kept getting on my pillow and draping her fluffy tail across my face. :crackup:

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thirteen wants to lie on my chest. The problem with that is that she wants to put her cat butt RIGHT IN MY FACE. I would be fine if her face was next to mine because I kinda like to feel my cats breathing on me. However, feeling the air coming from her butt is another matter altogether.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thirteen wants to lie on my chest. The problem with that is that she wants to put her cat butt RIGHT IN MY FACE. I would be fine if her face was next to mine because I kinda like to feel my cats breathing on me. However, feeling the air coming from her butt is another matter altogether.
In cat logic, we are to feel honored by, "Here. Smell this!" :lol2:

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Am I the only one who loves being woken up by a cat on my chest? Also, it's only fair, I wake my kitten up all the time in the middle of his naps. No wonder he thinks it's okay to wake me up too. :catlove:

duncanmac

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Am I the only one who loves being woken up by a cat on my chest? Also, it's only fair, I wake my kitten up all the time in the middle of his naps. No wonder he thinks it's okay to wake me up too. :catlove:
I do everything I can to make my cats affectionate and touchy - I really want head butting lap cats. One of my boys will walk on us in the middle of the night - usually just wanting a pet and some reassurance. I used to pay more attention to him when he did this at 2 a.m., but that makes for a long day for me. Now I give him a quick pet and coax him to lay down either on or next to me. It is a compromise that seems to work for both of us.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a few cats who slept on my chest (facing me) or cuddled up to my stomach/chest if I lied on my side, or curled around the top of my head like a warm fur hat. I loved all that! :lovecat:

Having my current kitty sit on the pillow and drape her tail across my nose and mouth...meh. I could do without that becoming a habit.

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oddly enough, having a cat anywhere close to me in bed is a very therapeutic and relaxing feeling for me. It actually just makes me doze off even more. I think it might be because when I was a kid I had very bad insomnia and one of the only things that would make me relax and fall asleep was when my cat would jump on the bed with me.

What I can do without is the incessant whining/nagging in the morning for me to wake up and feed/play. That is not cool.

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If Thirteen would lie still it would be awesome. I would love every moment. But she's never still. She'll lie down on my chest for ten to fifteen seconds and then get up and tromp around some more. Even so, it is sorta hard to complain about being woken up by a soft, furry creature who wants nothing more than your attention.

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat is a dear, but he gets up early. He wakes up wanting to play; in fact, will wake me up by walking all over me until I'm awake. Then I have to play with him until he's content. (okay, laugh if you like! But it's not very amusing at 5 am) If I don't, he jumps on places he knows he's not supposed to be.

It seems simply his type of wake-up routine. Possibly I'd not mind if he slept in a little later, but the older I get the harder it is to get going--early. There are food, water, and litter box in the room. He loves to perch on the window sill to look out. But the minute his prank-filled eyes open in the morning, he's in play mode.

HELP!!!!!!

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I started taking Max to bed with me and he would sleep in the crook of my right arm all night he is now trained where he actually sleeps with me all night except when he's hungry or thirsty and he suddenly has developed this wonderful behavior of laying on my tummy until I actually get up in the morning. In the beginning he would run up and down and across me and across the pillows and attack the dogs and just be a generally annoying in the middle of the night and I close the bedroom door for about a week so he didn't like not being in the room with the other animals so he caught on real quick that being quiet meant that when I do get up he will get fed pretty smart little cookie that one

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thirteen is still dancing the rumba on my gut in the morning. She's also asking for food all the time, which is completely out of character for her. While pondering these two things I suddenly realized that she's been taking 5 milligrams of Claritin (loratadine) every night for about the last two weeks. A quick Google search didn't show any correlation between loratadine and increased hunger but it does make me wonder. Anyone else have a cat on allergy meds? If so, did they increase appetite?

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thirteen is still dancing the rumba on my gut in the morning. She's also asking for food all the time, which is completely out of character for her. While pondering these two things I suddenly realized that she's been taking 5 milligrams of Claritin (loratadine) every night for about the last two weeks. A quick Google search didn't show any correlation between loratadine and increased hunger but it does make me wonder. Anyone else have a cat on allergy meds? If so, did they increase appetite?
@valentine gives Juliette Zyrtec for allergies...and appetite.

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When I for got my last cat Tama as a kitten and to small to jump up on the bed. I would set him in the bed and the first thing he did was get on my chest and lie down. I rolled him over on my right side on his back and his head resting on my shoulder. At some point I put my hand over his face and he would root and snort against my hand before he would settle down. After that he would take his paw and push my hand to his face wanting to root in my hand. That modified to me laying on my side and him on his side next to me and he would root and snort against my chin. It became ritual every night he would jump up on the bed on my left side while I was on my back. He would step up on my chest and I would grab him behind his legs at his chest and we would roll together on our sides and he would root under my chin. Sometimes he would lie there and go to sleep and sometimes after about 20 or 30 minutes he would get up and lay at the end of the bed against my legs but, this went on for almost 16yrs until the day before he passed. I would have to set him on the bed because he was to week to jump.

Some how and I don't really know how, he knew not to wake me if the alarm clock didn't go off. If the alarm clock went off and I didn't get up he would sit over me and with the end of his paw he would poke me on my upper lip just below my nose until I woke up. I would open my eyes and he would be towering over me and poking me! I can't tell you how many times he kept me from being late for work!

I think at some point he did walk on me earlier on and I just shewed him away or pushed him off the bed. He was pretty smart and figured it out pretty quick. I covered a 2' by 3' board with carpet and mounted it on the wall for a scratching post. I set him in front of it and took his legs and put his paws on it and alternately put his paws against it and said to him "this is where you scratch"! I was amazed when he went over and started scratching on it and never used the furniture again! Man I miss that little guy, he was so smart!

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Your description made me tear up! Max does the paw on my cheek when he sleeps and I would not trade how that makes me feel for all the $ in the world♡
Sorry, didn't mean to stir up emotions but I know what you mean...priceless! Cherish them while they're here. You just never know. My memories of him make me smile. :)