My Cat Is Confusing Me.

AnxiousCatLover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi there, i am new here, i am wondering when my cat will deliver, i have read a lot of different posts and my cats doesnt seem to match a lot of them, my cat is 66 or 65 days pregnant today, and is showing absolutely no signs of her delivering anytime soon, the only things that have changed since before she got pregnant are, she blinks a lot more, and she eats a lot more. I have provided a birthing bed for her in my walk in closet, and even put a heating pad under it as my house isnt very hot, and i sometimes lock her in it with food water and litter, but she doesnt seem interested in it at all, i have 2 other cats aswell and my pregnant cat Nala doesnt seem bothered by either one of them, she is still even playing with one of my other cats, she is a little more affectionate then usual but i have also been babying the crap outta her, i am so anxious to meet these kittens, and i am pretty sure she knows, could that put a damper on her delivering? I know i shouldnt be too worried but my anxiousness is getting the best of me!!!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
The gestation period in cats generally lasts up to 67 days, so you have a bit longer to wait. You should call your vet if it takes longer than that. Here’s a helpful article you can check out: Pregnancy And Delivery In Cats

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like she is very close! They love to keep us waiting! How is momma doing today?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AnxiousCatLover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She still hasnt showed any signs that she is going to go into labour, but i have noticed that the kittens havent really been moving, so im hoping very soon that they will come, her tummy is also a lot harder and it appears that the kittens have moved down her belly. And she looks a bit sad whenever i look at her, i dont know if she is or not. Today she is 66-67 days so im hoping that she goes into labour soon, im so anxious, im always checking on her, could that deter her from going into labour?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now is the time to stock up on kitten supplies. Do you have kitten dry food for mom, and wet kitten food for meals throughout the day? Mom can have access to the dry all the time.

For the babies, you’ll want a small scale so you can weigh them daily and check their progress. You’ll also want kitten milk replacer (powdered by PetAg is best; avoid Hartz), and a needleless syringe, in case you need to supplement.

Can you keep mom inside and 100% away from intact males? Do you plan to spay her after this litter has weaned?

AnxiousCatLover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes i have everything ive had everything for awhile, i even have non clumping cat litter for when the kittens are ready for being litter trained :p
All my cats are indoor cats just this one happened to get out once for a night and she came back pregnant :p i plan on getting her fixed once she is done nursing!!

AnxiousCatLover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I got 1 fixed and the other was spayed before i got her, i didnt think to spay Nala because all my cats are indoor cats.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, that’s a common misconception. Cats are excellent at getting out when in heat, as you’ve seen.

It’s also important for their health to be spayed. Each heat has a risk of an infection called pyometria developing, and each heat increases the risk of reproductive cancer. In addition, it’s uncomfortable for your poor girl!

AnxiousCatLover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Haha i was away at my moms for a week when she ran out, my boyfriend and room mate were home, usually when im home none of my cats try to run and when they try i stop them. And i did not know that, im glad that i do now though! :) there is very very little kitten movement now, but she is still not showing any signs, is it possible that it can just happen all of a sudden?

AnxiousCatLover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It definitely did happen all of a sudden, Nala showed no signs at all and then boom, she just went into labour.

AnxiousCatLover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good so far there is 2 i am almost certain she is having another right now, my one cat is very attentitive and doesnt like loud noises so when Nala went into labour she thought something was wrong and jumped right into the box so i have both my other cats locked in my room with food and water and litter.

AnxiousCatLover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
One i am pretty sure is dead what do i do, she keeps trying to clean the kitten?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let her keep trying, maybe she can revive the poor thing. If it is dead, you can take it away when she gives up and pushes it out of the nest. If you take it away before she gives up she may get distressed looking for it :(.

AnxiousCatLover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think she may have more kittens in her, but she isnt trying anymore, all she keeps doing is trying to clean the "dead" kitten....

AnxiousCatLover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is it safe for me to move the box from where it is?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you try vigorously rubbing the kitten with a towel?

Do you know how long she was trying to birth it?

AnxiousCatLover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Once Nala stopped licking it i grabbed it and tried to suck out any fluid out of it and rubbed it and brought it close to a heater and nothing. Also for all 4 kittens she had took maybe an hr it was pretty quick. Any chance she could have more kittens in her belly and she is just too sad after losing 1 of her kittens to carry on?