My Cat Is Confusing Me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AnxiousCatLover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Once Nala stopped licking it i grabbed it and tried to suck out any fluid out of it and rubbed it and brought it close to a heater and nothing. Also for all 4 kittens she had took maybe an hr it was pretty quick. Any chance she could have more kittens in her belly and she is just too sad after losing 1 of her kittens to carry on?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, she’s not sad. She may have more, but is possibly taking a break. Keep an eye on her and make sure she’s not straining to push a baby out.

AnxiousCatLover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She seems to only want to sleep right now!!

AnxiousCatLover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just got nala out of the box to eat and have a drink and noticed that she has no milk production at all..... The kittens arent crying or anything and are very active should i be concerned?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She won't necessarily be leaking milk or anything that you could notice. If the kittens look round, feel firm and warm, and are active and contented, they're getting enough.

Do you have a kitchen scale? It's a fairly important thing to have when raising kittens. Weigh them every day at the same time. They should be gaining steadily, on average 10 grams a day. If they ever lose weight or go several days only gaining a few grams a day, you'll know it's time to supplement.

AnxiousCatLover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a scale and i didnt want to touch the alive kittens today as i am terrified to make Nala reject them, but ill weigh them in the morning. Thank you so much, as u can see in my name im anxious!!!

JKeller

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Once Nala stopped licking it i grabbed it and tried to suck out any fluid out of it and rubbed it and brought it close to a heater and nothing. Also for all 4 kittens she had took maybe an hr it was pretty quick. Any chance she could have more kittens in her belly and she is just too sad after losing 1 of her kittens to carry on?
How is your cat and kittens doing now? I’m in a similar position right now. Also how many did she have?

AnxiousCatLover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They are doing amazing. She did only have the 4 and the 1 did end up passing, i kept one of the kittens and its still nursing because he is babied really badly by both my female cats... But the other 2 kittens went to my mom and my friend and are also doing doing really good. I wish you all the best, and hope that your kittens and your mother do amazing aswell!!!!

JKeller

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They are doing amazing. She did only have the 4 and the 1 did end up passing, i kept one of the kittens and its still nursing because he is babied really badly by both my female cats... But the other 2 kittens went to my mom and my friend and are also doing doing really good. I wish you all the best, and hope that your kittens and your mother do amazing aswell!!!!
Aw I’m happy to hear they are all doing well! Thank you for the reply. I’m currently waiting on my girl to have her babies she is past her due date and not showing any signs of going into labor soon. If she doesn’t have them by this week I’m going to take her to the vet to see what needs to be done.. I’m really hoping she and the babies turn out okay!

AnxiousCatLover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I hope that she does!!! Everything happens when the time is right, when my cat went into labour it was super weird, i could see her body contracting but she still never left my side, then all of a sudden she let out a cry and ran to the nearest birthing box i had available for her, after that she let out a cry and baby number 1 was out, it all happened so fast, my other female cat is very nurturing in general and she had thought that my queen was in pain and tried to help but i didnt want to take any chances and i locked both my cats upstairs, but in all honesty my queen never showed any symptoms that she was going into labour she remained "normal" up until she gave birth. Best of luck!!!!