My Cat Is 61 Days Pregnant

Peacefulpearl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone. my cat mated on the 21st of May, Monday (but was literally 12.am at night), so by far she should be 61 days along, as she only mated for two days. how long does it usually last? as I have read a lot of different opinions on this matter. especially that she has a small litter 3-4 kittens,(I've done for her an ultra sound). thanks! :):lovecat3: my very first post here :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Peacefulpearl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thankyou! I have another question, is anyone here familiar with cat genetics? My cat is a black ticked golden british short hair but does not have the green eyes as golds should have, and her tom that will be the father of the kittens is a very light grey (also light stripes) british short hair tabby. Any idea on how the kittens may turn out ?❤

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you know if your ticked girl carries solid? Do you know if she carries dilute (blue)? What color were her parents?

Peacefulpearl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately i dont because i took her from people who didn't want her anymore, she's shaded as well. but the male is lightly striped. where there be any chances of gold shades like her ?

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The golden color is thought to be the effect of dominant "wide band" gene(s). Tabby is also dominant. So yes, you are likely to get some golden kittens like the mother.
If she carries solid, you could get some solid black kittens, also.
If she carries dilute (blue), you could get blue golden kittens.
If she carries both solid and dilute you could get solid blue kittens.

Peacefulpearl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Btw she's going into day 62 and there's still no signs of labor, do all cats have to stop eating for 12-48 hours or can they get into labor suddenly and have the kittens without any obvious signs?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They dont always stop eating nor follow a set number of signs.

But day 62 is fairly early unless she comes from an early maternity line.

The waiting game!

Peacefulpearl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
oh okay! thank you so much, I was worried that the kittens would get too large to go down, waiting is so hard but will manage:blush:

Peacefulpearl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi Troyrag! My cat is day 63 today but still no signs, god bless your cat did she have any complications or did everything go smoothly? my cat is around the same age, hope everything will turn out well! :)

Peacefulpearl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
that's great, nothing to worry about so far then:lovecat3:
although I did notice yesterday that her belly "dropped" does it mean its close?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It means she is closer than before! It could still be a few days.

Peacefulpearl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Helloo again , she's 65 days today, there seems to be liquid coming from her breast so im assuming its milk, her belly dropped 3 days ago, other than that there doesnt seem to be any signs? is it okay? I am getting really worried even tho i know they can go up to 70 days...

Peacefulpearl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Also, i have 2 other female cats at home (spayed), and two little parrotlets who are noisy as well, should i keep her in a room alone, even though she doesn't like to be locked in one place? Because the house is empty cause we're on vacation, so she can go to any room she wants, what do you think?

Peacefulpearl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone.. my cat is 66 days today, shes breathing heavily, nesting, keeps changing her sleeping position, possibly stopped eating, belly is hard, does this mean kittens are gonna be here soon??