My boyfriend constantly teases my cat...Should I get rid of the bf?

asherdash

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Any updates? Not to be rude but I hope the boyfriend isn't back. My heart was beating fast and I was very uneasy reading your original post. I was glad to see the post saying your got rid of the guy. The thought of Edison (and you) being at his mercy is very disturbing. The quote posted by catwoman707 is very true. I actually have a tattoo which says THE PURTITY OF A PERSONS HEART CAN BE QUICKLY MEASURED BY HOW THEY REGARD ANIMALS. Please stay safe,hope things are going well.

mynxi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So my boyfriend and I live together. He is not perfect, but when I wanted to adopt a kitten, he was enthusiastic about it even though he is a dog person. The way a man treats animals is a huge indicator of his soul. When we went to visit a family with rescue kittens an hour away, they had 2 black kittens who were sisters. I only wanted ONE kitten, but he INSISTED we take both home so they are not separated. This kind of act of love showed me who he really is, and it has only grown towards these baby cats over time. He loves them and it has made our relationship much stronger. They are our babies. If a man moved in with me and was not big on cats that is one thing. But if the guy intentionally tried to make them uncomfortable in ANY way, he would be out faster than I would be ready to call the police. The way a man treats helpless, cute, furry creatures IS A HUGE indicator of who he REALLY is beneath the courtship phase... PLEASE update us & tell us that you did NOT get back together with this man. 

And if you did, please, please, tell me you are only seeing him on his territory. Do not let him into your home or near your baby.

Do you realize a man like that is capable of putting your cat in the car and driving him to a street far away & abandoning him?

Or something worse. 

He would say that "he has no idea" what happened. 

Please. As a fellow female, I beg you to protect yourself and the things/creatures you love. No temporary sexual pleasure he may give (IDK) what he is good for, is worth the permanent loss that could occur due to his hate.

Merry christmas and the best wishes for you and your kitty.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I was just sent this quotation by the German poet Johann Wolfgang von Goethe of the 1800s:

"Those who abuse animals do not have a soul and they lack God's graces. No matter how noble they may appear, do not trust them ever."

Truer words were never spoken, and this from someone who lived way before the ASPCA and others ever appeared.