My Bambino is going to pop, but when?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Haleywire1999

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, I'm so happy they are alive! i bet they will be fine, mam just needed a little more time. i agree, as long as she is not in distress, crying, pacing, nonstop, let nature take it's course. Do you know exactly when she was mated? Cats can go up to even 72 days, though 63-65 is 'normal'. if she falls into this I wouldn't worry, kittens also get quieter right before the birthing process. Kittens DO NOT do well when they are premature, so with 7 of them they must need a little more time to develop. PS I wouldn't let eth males with her unless you can guarantee her safety and not let them roughhouse or try to mate with her. She is very delicate right now and could be hurt easily!
I agree! I am just going to chill out and let her do her thing unless she gives me reason to worry anymore I feel bad for running her around the way I did yesterday, also occasionally I’ll let the Tom to her say hi and give kisses but then they get separated again, they don’t like it but it is safe for her :)

Haleywire1999

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Like I said, everything sounded normal to me. The kittens get big at the end and there’s little room to move as they are crowded. They are also closer to the birth canal. It’s called dropping. There is no reason for a C-section unless she is pushing with no results. She will only push after lots of hard contractions, which it does not sound like she’s had yet. You will easily be able to see contractions, especially as she has no fur. Contractions look like waves rolling down her sides.

Try to relax and let Mother Nature take its course. Do not put a 2-day deadline on this. Rather, begin to prepare for 7 kittens. That is a lot, and there will likely be a couple of runts who need supplementing with kitten formula and a syringe until they gain weight. Runts get pushed off the nipples by the bigger kittens, and not all cat moms have enough milk-producing nipples available. You’ll want a digital kitchen scale to weigh the kittens daily. Check out our articles on Pregnant Cats and Kittens at the top of the forum.
You are so right. I am going to let her do her thing and only worry if she gives me reason to, I am also going to go out and get a scale today because I realized I didn’t have one and it is definitely needed with 7 of them

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Great! :)

Do you also have formula and a small 1-2 mL syringe? Mom can drink a serving of the formula daily too. She’ll need the extra calcium while nursing.

Haleywire1999

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is just hanging out with me this morning :) STILL NO BABIES CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?

Haleywire1999

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ED5A1E87-6895-448C-9CE1-8DB0A83CC677.jpeg
289A44C1-415A-41A1-BD03-9A5021584FA8.jpeg
Hey so she had a grand total of 9 kittens this morning! 2 were sadly stillborn but they rest are doing okay! I will post more pictures of them soon! Thank you for all the love and support!

Haleywire1999

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Isn't that wonderful!!! I'm so happy for you and Bambino and the little ones. I have been following this thread from the start. Not being experienced with pregnant kittens I have shared your anguish ans impatience. Congratulations and best wishes.:redheartpump:
Thank you so much! It was worth waiting every second!

Haleywire1999

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Congrats! :)

Watch carefully to make sure ALL 7 are latching and nursing. You’ll have a runt or two. Start weighing and write it down.

Keep us posted!
Yeah we definitely have 2 runts and one of them has finally started to gain weight but the finest one is still consistently low, I have been giving him formula and lots of lot for his mom but I am a little worried, I’ve been phoning my vet all day and she assured me I was doing all I could do so we will hope and see! Fingers crossed for the little one!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness, they are adorable! The white ones may be 'pointed' like siamese, time will tell. Just make sure the two littlest have extra time with mom several times a day, ideally every two hours. A little formula wouldn't hurt either if they aren't gaining well. Make sure they are on their tummies when you give it, and in the side of their mouths if possible, or let them suck it out. Give that new mama a kiss from me, well done!

Haleywire1999

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So really sad news, I went to sleep last night for 2 hours and got up to feed the littlest one and momma had smothered him :( I cried so hard :( I had to pull him out from under her, but the other runt is now latching on to her so.. rip little Jojo

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Accidents happen, and with him being weaker it turned tragic. Mamas often lay on their little ones by accident and the squirming usually makes them move. He may already have been dead being so little and weak. Please don't take blame, there is really nothing you could have done to prevent this.
I'm SO sorry, May that precious, precious little one RIP, I know Jojo will because he had your love....

Haleywire1999

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
8A5FDAF3-F3DE-4BBE-A9B6-6486C0718518.jpeg
Hey so I woke up to one of the kittens and-he has a huge cut under his arm :( it open and I’m afraid of infection! Is there anything I can do for him? URGENT PLEASE HELP!