My Bambino is going to pop, but when?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad to hear back! If 48 hours goes by and she still has not delivered, send that picture to your vet and make sure it was her mucous plug. Ask their advise. It may be just a prelabour discharge. I agree that hormones are high right now and driving your Tom crazy, but he could hurt her in her condition.
It is just a waiting
game now, I feel for you both!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Haleywire1999

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey just updating y’all, still no kittens or labor, she had a little bit more of her plug come out this morning but that was pretty much it :( still waiting over here!

Haleywire1999

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
63B85333-9324-4D2D-8F4B-3AEF6F09FA0E.jpeg
Hey so little update, still no kittens and her junk looks like this..does everything still look normal to everybody?

Haleywire1999

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey so still no kittens, she has a little brown dried discharge yesterday and was sleeping all day, I felt a decrease in kitten movement but no contactions that I could notice, however she was just sitting on my lap and I am positive she had a contraction and got up and started walking so I looked and there seems to be a clear liquid coming out? No a lot at all but a bit when her belly tightened up, when do you guys think it will be? She started with the yellow Sunday morning so..

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Any time now — sounds like she’s heading into early first stage labor. The discharge is normal. Once she starts contracting it’s about 24 hours to pushing. Did you breed her?

Haleywire1999

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Any time now — sounds like she’s heading into early first stage labor. The discharge is normal. Once she starts contracting it’s about 24 hours to pushing. Did you breed her?
I did but with a grey tabby so I’m really worried about the way they will turn out, it makes the waiting game so much hard!!! Btw no kittens yet :( and no signs of immediate labor :(

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Try to relax. Kittens come when they and mom’s body are ready. It always seems to take forever, but it’s worth the wait to get a healthy litter. She doesn’t sound in distress, and everything also sounds normal.

Haleywire1999

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Try to relax. Kittens come when they and mom’s body are ready. It always seems to take forever, but it’s worth the wait to get a healthy litter. She doesn’t sound in distress, and everything also sounds normal.
So really sad news, we are at the emergency vet because I took her in and they felt no kitten moment, she is in a c-section right now with what will most likely be with no kittens, im balling my eyes out right now

Haleywire1999

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
8F809ABD-08F3-4842-A4BB-457D576C93DA.png

so this is her X-ray from today, there seems to be a kitten heading into the pelvis so fingers crossed we won’t need her to go in

Haleywire1999

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What a relief! It doesn’t look like there’s much room to move around much anymore!! It’s good that you got her checked out.
Hey so she is sitting in my room and crying at the door but my other male cats are out there, what do I do?

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
At this point, I’d leave her where you want her to be safe, and also where you plan for her to give birth. She may want out to try and scope out a nesting spot to give birth. Maybe give her a new option if that’s it, like an extra box or access to your closet. I don’t recall what arrangements you have set up.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Like I said, everything sounded normal to me. The kittens get big at the end and there’s little room to move as they are crowded. They are also closer to the birth canal. It’s called dropping. There is no reason for a C-section unless she is pushing with no results. She will only push after lots of hard contractions, which it does not sound like she’s had yet. You will easily be able to see contractions, especially as she has no fur. Contractions look like waves rolling down her sides.

Try to relax and let Mother Nature take its course. Do not put a 2-day deadline on this. Rather, begin to prepare for 7 kittens. That is a lot, and there will likely be a couple of runts who need supplementing with kitten formula and a syringe until they gain weight. Runts get pushed off the nipples by the bigger kittens, and not all cat moms have enough milk-producing nipples available. You’ll want a digital kitchen scale to weigh the kittens daily. Check out our articles on Pregnant Cats and Kittens at the top of the forum.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I'm so happy they are alive! i bet they will be fine, mam just needed a little more time. i agree, as long as she is not in distress, crying, pacing, nonstop, let nature take it's course. Do you know exactly when she was mated? Cats can go up to even 72 days, though 63-65 is 'normal'. if she falls into this I wouldn't worry, kittens also get quieter right before the birthing process. Kittens DO NOT do well when they are premature, so with 7 of them they must need a little more time to develop. PS I wouldn't let eth males with her unless you can guarantee her safety and not let them roughhouse or try to mate with her. She is very delicate right now and could be hurt easily!

Haleywire1999

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
At this point, I’d leave her where you want her to be safe, and also where you plan for her to give birth. She may want out to try and scope out a nesting spot to give birth. Maybe give her a new option if that’s it, like an extra box or access to your closet. I don’t recall what arrangements you have set up.
Hey so she has a whole room and closet and bathroom, she just wants all of the attention so we can’t leave her alone for anytime at all anymore without her whining :)