My all black foster cat needs a forever home

Summercats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hope Patrick can go to his new home, yes, please keep us posted, hopefully the new home is still interested.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Got a post from Catwoman during the night. It's just a matter of getting him to Tracy, CA which is over 500 miles from here. She found someone who is in Bakersfield, half that distance from here, who is part of a chain that would eventually get him there but since I would have to go through all that horrible traffic through not only LA but also through Orange County to get to LA to then get to Bakersfield, it would still take over 4 hours one way to get to Bakersfield as the person there wants him by 10:30 a.m. on Friday. I have asked Catwoman if we can do it on the weekend when it would take me half of that time. I do hope something like that can be arranged.
I know some of you will ask how one can do all that driving: in California we don't hesitate to drive 2 hours to get to a baby shower or just to visit a friend for the day and get home at midnight, or to take 1 1/2 hours to drive to work. Yes, we still live in our cars and are lost without them.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I truly hope this works out, even though it involves some distance. From what Catwoman has told me, the eventual home would be idyllic.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm still waiting for a phone call from the first person in the transportation chain.
Patrick is being a brat. Chamouti, a big but mellow 12 year old Maine Coon, was sitting on top of the cat tree minding his own business. Patrick came along and chased him off, sat there for about 3 minutes and left. He just couldn't stand the idea that another cat sat where he wanted to be. Like I said: just acting like a brat. He's not shy when it comes to other cats, but let another human come in and he's gone, not to be seen for hours. I do wonder how he is going to act on his trip up North with several strange people feeding and possibly handling him.
Obviously he is not going on his trip tomorrow as I have not yet heard from the first transporter.
Does anyone think it is unreasonable of me to want to hear from each transporter regarding how he is on his trip? I'm sure he must be terrified with all these strangers and he has no place to hide but to cower under his blanket in his carrier which is big enough to put a small litter box in with him and still let him turn around. He will probably hide once he gets to his new home

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is there a meeting time and place set up for today? Do you have the name and number of the first transporter?

I understand your anxiety, but Patrick is headed to a great home! Patrick will be fine once he gets to his final destination and adjusts. The transport is not that long.

Most cats are not pleased with strangers initially, but they do accept new environments.

There are several people in this chain who are helping. I would expect you to hear eventually from the person who is his final home as to how he is doing over the next few days.

You will be able to chat with the person you are meeting to hand him over, and that person will tell the next person.

If it is set up then you should stick with the established schedule.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only had a note from catwoman707 that one person wanted Patrick today (Friday) in Bakersfield at 10:30, but no name or address and hat this person would call me. I have heard nothing else. I had sent a note to catwoman that it would take me over 4 hours to get there at that time of morning as I would not only have to get through the LA traffic but also through all of Orange County where the traffic is just as bad and could she arrange something on the weekend when it would take me only a little over 2 hours. I had even tried to find someone who would ride with me so I could use the carpool lane and thus take much less time but nobody wanted to be on the road for that long.
So nothing has been set up. If I have to travel through that awful traffic and take all that time then I will, but I had no definite place to go to, just a time and the city, that's not enough. So I am still waiting.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I spoke with Catwoman earlier today, which is how she ended up posting on the "what's on your mind" thread. I told her you were airing your frustrations there. She decided to answer you there.

Katie is supposed to be calling you, and Catwoman has a message out to her to see what is going on. I'm hoping it all works out soon!

Keep us posted!

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I spoke with Catwoman earlier today, which is how she ended up posting on the "what's on your mind" thread. I told her you were airing your frustrations there. She decided to answer you there.

Katie is supposed to be calling you, and Catwoman has a message out to her to see what is going on. I'm hoping it all works out soon!

Keep us posted!
Katie did call me today. She is trying to find someone for next Sat or the one after because the traffic is so bad during the week. I also now have the name of the person who will be Patrick's new mom, her first name is the same as my late daughter's and it's a very unusual name, so if I believed in signs this would be one.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How interesting about the names!

It's great you've heard from Katie, and that she will try to work out a Saturday soon for you and Patrick.

I totally understand your concerns about the traffic. It's a relief to know that the plan is now beginning to take form. :)

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How interesting about the names!

It's great you've heard from Katie, and that she will try to work out a Saturday soon for you and Patrick.

I totally understand your concerns about the traffic. It's a relief to know that the plan is now beginning to take form. :)

Shooting for the 18th now, got a mssg fr catwoman

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It really looks like this coming Saturday is the day that Patrick and I will take a trip to Bakersfield and for him to keep on going to Fresno and then to Manteca/Tracy to his new mom.
I have his very large carrier ready with a small litter box, a blanket and favorite beat-up catnip banana in it, a bag with cat food both dry and wet, his meds, vet's record, litter scooper and plastic bags to be used on the way if necessary. Will keep you posted. I am excited but also anxious in him going so far away. It's like your teenager first leaving home.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I completely understand! It sounds like you are well prepared for the trip though.

Blessings for tomorrow! Have a safe trip and keep us posted.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes. Have a safe trip. I am so happy for Patrick! I hope that his new home is the best ever. Bless you segelkatt segelkatt for giving Patrick such a wonderful home for so long. He will love you forever. :hugs: :rock: