My all black foster cat needs a forever home

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I live in a senior community in Southern California. Our Cat Club takes in cats who have lost their elderly moms and dads. The members foster the cats until a new forever home can be found.

Patrick came to me over a year ago so traumatized from the treatment he had received from his mom's caretaker that I did not see him for weeks as he was hiding between the two beds of a daybed in the guest room. He now is out and about and interacting with the resident cats although he still won't let me pick him up. When I do manage to pick him up he will purr up a storm and he does come to me to be petted and to sit next to me to watch TV.

Patrick is ca. 4 years old, he is all black with yellow eyes, his medium long fur which never tangles, is soft like bunny fur and his tail is magnificent.  He is up on his shots and his toilet habits are impeccable. His purr is enormous and he has a cute little meow, he also chirps. He never claws furniture and does not counter surf. He chases "Da Bird" and goes crazy over the catnip banana.

Patrick has been on Petfinders for many months without even one person showing an interest in him.

Won't somebody who frequents the CatSite please give him a forever home as I cannot adopt him. My landlord won't let me have more cats and I already have 3 of them, 2 came from shelters, my black shorthair one is a former foster.

Patrick had suffered abuse from his late mom's caretaker for more than a year before she had passed away, he deserves a loving home.

looking very regal on top of the tree

how can you resist this sweet face?

here you can see his gorgeous tail

hiding under the springs of the day bed

or behind the bed

when he finally came out he still hid in small corners

Last edited:

checkers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@segelkatt, Patrick is magnificent and would suit so many home situations. I hope so much that someone on this site can take him or knows of someone who can give him a loving home. If he was in Australia, I would just have to take him.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are there any no-kill shelters or humane societies that would take him in? You need to get the word out that he's available, and that's one way to do it. Someone else on the site found a home for a kitty who lost her human through Facebook. Have you tried that?

melliza

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Aaaah Patrick is so beautiful. I would take him without a doubt, but I live in South-Africa.

He is adorable, I have a white fluffy cat and I think they would of gotten on so well, as Patrick also seems like the lazy type!

I honestly hope someone will have the heart to adopt this precious boy!

I sure wish I could.

let us know as soon as Patrick has a new home.

best of luck

Xxx

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. He really is precious and I'm sure he would have gotten along with your white cat fabulously. He is not a really lazy cat, he's always poking around in  something (sofa cushions, blankets etc) but does not destroy things. Too bad he has not learned to travel on his own (no passport 
) and he's not fond of water unless it is to drink so he has not learned out to swim either
but even then I think it's too far to swim to Africa.

gothikitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He is gorgeous. He would make a perfect bookend to Piston but I live in Tn. He is so gorgeous.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Are there any no-kill shelters or humane societies that would take him in? You need to get the word out that he's available, and that's one way to do it. Someone else on the site found a home for a kitty who lost her human through Facebook. Have you tried that?
Because I am fostering him I cannot take him someplace else. The Cat Club legally "owns" him and has given him to me to foster. A  future cat parent has to be approved through the person running the Cat Club's foster and adoption program . That is why I am also going this route besides having him on PetFinders. But thank you for trying. 

checkers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
  ...I've spoken to his vet about this as I would like for Patrick to be properly black...
@segelkatt,I was thinking the brown tinges were very much in his favour, and made him even more attractive.  If the colour changes are not indicative of a deficiency that affects his health, then I'd be celebrating them, but that's just my taste, I guess.

He certainly looks like he lives a very pampered life. I hope his next home can be as generous with their time, attention and care.

gothikitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I love medium and long haired cats. My Piston is a long haired black and white tuxedo. I love black cats.

melliza

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Thank you. He really is precious and I'm sure he would have gotten along with your white cat fabulously. He is not a really lazy cat, he's always poking around in  something (sofa cushions, blankets etc) but does not destroy things. Too bad he has not learned to travel on his own (no passport 
) and he's not fond of water unless it is to drink so he has not learned out to swim either
but even then I think it's too far to swim to Africa.

Hahaha it sure is waay to far for him to swim or travel... I wish I can come fetch him from you :) he really is gorgeous!

I think you should post it on Facebook and I am sure someone in your neighbourhood will love to adopt him...

he is such a cutie!!!

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hahaha it sure is waay to far for him to swim or travel... I wish I can come fetch him from you :) he really is gorgeous!

I think you should post it on Facebook and I am sure someone in your neighbourhood will love to adopt him...

he is such a cutie!!!
I sure hope so, he deserves a good home after his traumatic life.

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I sure hope so, he deserves a good home after his traumatic life.
@segelkatt, I saw this thread when you first posted it. I live on the East Coast and cannot take another kitty in right now (just lost my "soul cat" black kitty), but I was curious about Patrick and if you found a home for him yet.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

@segelkatt, I saw this thread when you first posted it. I live on the East Coast and cannot take another kitty in right now (just lost my "soul cat" black kitty), but I was curious about Patrick and if you found a home for him yet.
No, not even a nibble, just folks from far away places like South Africa!

bethanney

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He looks so handsome & well-mannered (I love your description of "impeccable toilet habits"). He looks just like my beautiful black boy, Merlin - only with longer fur. I really admire you & the work of your Cat Club -- pets of the elderly are often overlooked when their parents pass away. Poor guy had a tough time of it but he is lucky to be in your care [emoji]128512[/emoji]I second the posting on Facebook as well as reaching out to some cat rescue organizations that would be willing to spread the word. Also, Instagram has a section for black cats, so I would post his lovely face there as well. Please keep us posted on your quest to find him a home.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So nice of all of you to answer about Patrick. Unfortunately I am not very techie and I have no idea what some of you are talking about Facebook, Instagram etc. I have a facebook account but how does that help me to advertise him to the general public? What is Instagram? I don't even know what that is. I have a desktop computer running Windows 7.No iphone, Kindle, smartphone, GPS, dashcam or any of those other gadgets. A small flip-phone does what I need it to do and so does a map book. What is a "Facebook appendix", somebody told me look up something on that but I don't know what that is so I can't look it up. Yeah, like the commercial says, I need grandchildren up close who can fix all these electronic gadgets or show me how to use them in  which case I might consider getting them.

Nothing new about Patrick besides that I actually got to pick him up yesterday,, of course he wanted down within one minute and has been running from me ever since.

Otherwise, nobody wants him. At least none of my neighbors know about him and so can't tattle to my landlord that I have this extra unauthorized cat, he has to give me 24 hrs notice before he comes over and then I put Patrick in my van with blackened windows for the duration which he loves (I've had to do that twice) as he has the whole place to himself with no other cats around and there is always somebody going in and out of the underground garage for him to look at. 

I don't know what he is looking at so intently but he is certainly if not all ears, he is all eyes

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you have a Facebook account, you can post that picture above on your timeline, and it will go out to all your friends. You'll want to ask that they help you find a home for him. Hopefully, they will share on their own accounts.

Instagram is a posting site on smartphones. Since you don't have one, you won't be able to do that.

You could also list him on Petfinder - that's a website and on Craigslist, another website. But be sure to charge at least $50 for him to keep out the weirdos. And ask a lot of questions about what the buyers intend to do with him. Black cats can attract a lot of unsavory characters if you aren't careful.