My 3 Strays Won't Eat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Going to have to really work at getting that feeder. A possum is hanging around and I ran her (she's pregnant too) from the food bowl. Cats are off pouting at the moment because she's here. Odd as I've seen the cats sleeping the grass before next to the possums. And aren't possums nocturnal?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
From what I read, usually but if food is scarce, they were disturbed from the sleeping area or sometimes just because, they'll come out in daylight :)

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a rainy day and so I wanted to set up the toys I got so far for them. Not sure how interested they will be at first but I"ll give them time.
Rain soaked day playground for cats.jpg
Rain soaked day playground for cats.jpg

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Do stray cats play with toys such as above or did we just waste our money. Just curious, although I know to be patient with it

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Uh oh. Sorry, I made the suggestion. See if anything changes after a bit. It might have initially freaked them out, but cats are curious creatures - I would think they will come back for a second, third, etc. check. :crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers:
Ok you are correct. Treasure sniffed the catnip after eating, rolled a bit and went back to eat. Now she's exploring the cat tower. So yea, thanks. I guess I'm just impatient. :)

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Does the cat tower in the photo look put together correctly. Treasure was having a bit of problems getting on it. I went by the directions. I'm sorry for all of the questions.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
:yess:

Can't see all that clearly. Some of them are just not very sturdy. If there is space on the bottom level to place a couple of heavy bricks on, and still let them get around them, that should help with stability.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I will put some bricks there then to make it sturdy. I'll take a close up photo after supper. I was just wondering how a grown cat like Treasure would get up there, but a friend bought this for me to give them. Maybe she was just curious at the moment.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
That was nice of your friend!! Cats can get onto all kinds of spaces!
My friend bought like 5 months worth of food, toys, self groomer, and this. Of course the cats already have 1/4 acre playground (our backyard). Anyway......I saw your advice on another post about classical harp music so I had my echo dot play it by the "playground" and saw Treasure return after running after Shaman earlier. Shaman is the master tree climber. lol Anyway, Treasure returned, marked the cat tower and now she is perched. I did put a brick on the base so it wouldn't wobble.

Queen of the playground.jpg

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, looks to be no problems with the cat perch after all!!! Yay! Except for the marking (I assume you meant spraying/peeing on it?). Be forewarned, they all may take turns peeing on it now. That is what can happen - marking 'territory' - more so with males, but some females do it too. Are you sure Treasure is a girl?

Anyway......I saw your advice on another post about classical harp music so I had my echo dot play it by the "playground" and saw Treasure return after running after Shaman earlier.
Btw, the credit for the music belongs to Furballsmom Furballsmom , she swears by it. Just to let her know... And, don't apologize for thanking the wrong person, it happens ALL the time around here!!

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, looks to be no problems with the cat perch after all!!! Yay! Except for the marking (I assume you meant spraying/peeing on it?). Be forewarned, they all may take turns peeing on it now. That is what can happen - marking 'territory' - more so with males, but some females do it too. Are you sure Treasure is a girl?

Btw, the credit for the music belongs to Furballsmom Furballsmom , she swears by it. Just to let her know... And, don't apologize for thanking the wrong person, it happens ALL the time around here!!
No she rubbed her head all over the cat tree. No spraying.

Not sure if she is a girl but she doesn't have the male anatomy as I looked to make sure when they were eating the other day

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I'm confused. Isn't rubbing against an object or a person a way of marking their territory too. I know spraying is a sign but thought rubbing was as well.