TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And eating breakfast

Jen1982

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Can cats have similar to braxon hicks like humans or is it usually once they start labour follows?

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like she's having Braxton-Hicks contractions, sort of a preparatory type of contraction. More waiting...

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not gonna weigh in any more about how much time she has before she delivers. I've been wrong so many times on this pregnancy that I'm getting gun-shy. She's been showing end-stage pregnancy signs forever, it seems.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

georagg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yup lol i'm waiting till late tonight and i will bet it will happen just as i go to sleep

georagg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
she is confusing me... for 2 nights now she starts the labour behaviour... from 11pm till 6 am then goes back to normal... fully relaxed no pain during the day and no pushing at night. she's eating and drinking...and occasionally play. is it possible she is having contractions during the day that are un noticed by me? if not what else would cause this?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Cats are nocturnal. This may be when the kittens are more active and she is uncomfortable. It’s not really labor behavior.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You said your cat was “slightly rounded” on Feb. 13th, a week after you bought her. Cats begin to round in the 5th week. That would put her in her 9th week now, with it ending on Sunday, making her around 63 days at that point. She would then be due sometime next week.

Again, an x-ray would show how many kittens and an approximate gestational age.

Jen1982

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If she's due next week this would be similar to my cat and I saw kittens moving about a week ago which ties in nicely to seeing kittens about 2 week before due date.

georagg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lol she kept going in the nest area for hugs… I noticed the purring stopped whenever I stopped the purring would too.
She is huge. I checked this morning there is discharge that looks similar to other photos that I have seen suggesting things are finally happening. She is still eating, drinking and playing… and very relaxed

Jen1982

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hopefully it won't be long now...although I feel like I've been saying that for about 2 weeks now. She likes to keep everyone waiting.

georagg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
lol either her water broke or she sat on some warm wet thing localised to 1 area. i found out when i picked her up to put her back in the room i set up and my palm felt damp.