Multiple questions....

georagg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi I'm very new to cat owning.... I hot my daughter a cat a week ago... and in that week I discovered I'm her 3rd owner and isn't 1 year old, she is 5.
She is un neutered and via extensive Facebook searching I found out she's had 3/4 oops litters. I did the research because I think she was sold to me pregnant. Am I right? And how far along is she? Also is she a bengal mix or regular tabby?

Attachments

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't tell whether or not she's pregnant. It is possible, if she's very early on in her pregnancy. What's her behavior like?

Not a Bengal, but a domestic shorthair, classic tabby pattern. Very pretty girl! Do get her spayed so she won't have any more "oopsies."

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Poor gal! Your best bet may be to get an x-ray at the vet to determine if she is pregnant. If she’s not too far along you can go ahead and get her spayed.

She’s got beautiful Bengal-like markings! I hope yours is her forever home and that you and your daughter will enjoy her for years to come.

Do keep us posted on her status.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

georagg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
she's with us forever :) spay is on the cards asap ... she is slightly rounded but as i have a limited history, i don't know if that is her normal shape :( she is very calm and friendly. she has no play / hunt instinct and won't leave my daughter's bed except to use her litter tray.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Her sides are enough fancy she prob does has an Ancestor. Granddad prob.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome! What lovely markings. What is the kitty’s name? Can’t wait for updates!

georagg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Her name is minnie :) I'm hoping if she is expecting it will be a small litter lol as we live in a bungalow

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is beautiful! Have you taken her to a vet? Whenever I adopt a new cat, that's the first thing I do even though they come from a rescue that is very much on top of medical stuff (I volunteer there, so I know their policies). It's sad she's had multiple owners, but that does happen, and often it's through no fault of the cat. It sounds like she's been throguh a lot in her little life, and hopefully it seems like she's found her forever home!

georagg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
what does a dropped belly look like in female cats? i looked all over the internet and found loads about the primordial pouch but not a dropped belly

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You mean, dropped belly shortly before a delivery? Easy. You see your high preg, more or less obvious high preg. And suddenly just a few hours later, she isnt as visibly high preg as earlier. Sometimes its barely visible. Sometimes you are sure she must have delivered her kittens somewhere....

So the optical will vary. You must simply see her before and after...

What happens is, the kittens are going into the birthing positions; squeezing in... Them wont move as much either, and they are further down / rear end, than earlier.

georagg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
update... Minne let me gently put my hand on her belly, i felt something move. it is either wind or i felt a kitten kick....

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have the kittens' kicking started waking her up? I suppose it's disconcerting for her, but it's kind of funny to watch

georagg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lol not yet.. but she is so relaxed it probably won't phase her

georagg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i think there is milk forming. there are pinprick white flakes on her nipples and the skin looks like dried fluid round them