Multiple questions....

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has she been exhibiting any nesting behaviors yet? Do you have any potential nests made up for her? It's always a good idea, or she might decide to deliver the kittens in the dirty laundry or inside a drawer that got left open. A box in a quiet closet on an inside wall with some soft cloths that can be changed is a good start.

She may reject your suggestions or move her kits somewhere else. She might keep moving them back if you move the nest. Cats can be awful stubborn in the matter of birthing and rearing places. You just have to roll with the punches.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

georagg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
lol we have several places set up... i have a feeling she may try to deliver ON my daughters bed... which is where she has spent the last 2 weeks she seems relaxed at the moment. that could all change soon.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh well, seems she may have made her choice. Will kitty use a box with a blanket inside, sitting on top of your daughter's bed? What's your daughter saying about all this?

If kitty won't use the box and insists on staying on the bed, all I can suggest is a waterproof cover under an old bedspread that you won't mind getting soiled.

georagg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
lol my daughter is loving the experience and looking forward to being a juniour midwife (under my supervision)... luckily minnie is fine sharing the bed... we have a cat carrier on the bed and 2 "caves" in her room. lol i have no idea what it will be like when the kittens become active yet but we are in contact with a local cat welfare group who have said they will help
she's doing alot of sleeping at the moment and eating less.

georagg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lol I picked her up in a weird way... she liked it. I put her on the bed. She wanted more... on a side note... she is getting big.

Attachments

Jen1982

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi I know it might have been a surprise but it is exciting. I have a house cat whose managed to escape, 5 year old son opened the door, and she was gone for 4 days. Fast forward a few week, large pink nipples and a belly I'm certain she's pregnant and whilst it was unexpected I'm sort of excited so much for cats rarely getting pregnant in winter months 🙃 here's my girl...

Keep us updated

Attachments

georagg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lol the stress of not knowing was getting to me so I took Minnie for an ultrasound.. at the new vet surgery in town. The vet looked me in the eye and said she looked to be 3 to 4 weeks pregnant and I had a while to go... and started the speech on how un neutered cats should be kept inside... I had to stop him several times before he would listen to the full history where I explained she came to me with obvious signs of pregnancy. He smiled and nodded but still didn't hear the part where i said I didn't let her go outside and that it was impossible for her to be 3/4 weeks as that is how long I have had her... skip to after the ultrasound "as I was saying before the scan georagg, she looks to be entering the final week of pregnancy"... with 4 possibly 5 kittens but I can't be sure. All with strong heartbeats and healthy. Looks like I'll be going to a different vet next time...

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats! Will you keep um all? Get some chocolate ceegars! Can’t wait for baby pics

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Definitely find a more experienced vet. An x-ray read by an experienced vet would be more precise. My vet said 4 kittens in ten days, and the pregnant stray I took in had exactly 4 kittens 12 days later. He could tell the gestational age by looking at the bone development.

Here is my cat the day before she delivered:
9591D763-1C82-4873-85B9-278373A931C0.jpeg

I kept her and all 4 kittens, who turn 7 this month. :catlove:

georagg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
that is one big belly !!!

Jen1982

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I always take the pic from above as its quite deceiving from the side. This is mine at, I think 6 and a half to 7 week. When do you think yours is due?

Attachments

georagg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
could be any time lol the vet and a lady that rescues cats said about a week...