Multiple Allergy Symptoms. Help!

huxleysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I went to visit him over lunch. He has eaten a tiny bit of whatever the food they are trying to give him so no improvement yet. His chart says "possible pancreatitis".
He looked so sad and scared. Wouldn't come out of the cage. It breaks my heart.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:hugs:

If he has pancreatitis, you'd likely have more of a clue of that by the state of his bowel movements. How has his poops been all these last several weeks? Normally, a cat having a bout of pancreatitis has very runny, smelly, pudding-like diarrhea poo which looks like the color of hay (yellowish). There is also a test the vet can do; and ultrasound can pinpoint the issue.
(My last cat had pancreatitis during her last year.)

huxleysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
His poop is generally "nornal" looking. It used to be much more darker (brown/black) when he was eating peas, it's muh more chocolate brown now and less semlly. It has on occasion had a softer/runnier portion of it, but only a tiny part.
I don't believe they have done any tests on him yet. The vet wasn't here (she volunteers at the shelter I adopted Huxley from on Tuesday afternoons)
:hugs:

If he has pancreatitis, you'd likely have more of a clue of that by the state of his bowel movements. How has his poops been all these last several weeks? Normally, a cat having a bout of pancreatitis has very runny, smelly, pudding-like diarrhea poo which looks like the color of hay (yellowish). There is also a test the vet can do; and ultrasound can pinpoint the issue.
(My last cat had pancreatitis during her last year.)

huxleysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Update:
Huxley ate all of his food overnight and kept it down! The vet is going to try and remove the anti nausea medication this evening and see how he does. It is possible that what makes him puke is Pred. Since he will only eat foods that we think he is allergic too, that can be a problem, but right now he is eating. One step at a time!
Keep your fingers crossed for my baby!:hearthrob::redheartpump::lovecat: