Momma Cat On 65 Day Of Pregnancy. No Kittens

Why hasn’t she had her kittens yet ?

• Do I need to take her to vet ?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I read were it could take up to 70 days. Is this true ? Never heard that before.

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That is a very traumatic experience for you and momma. But you have two very healthy kittens.

The newer photos aren't showing up. But... I wouldn't be surprised if the kittens aren't white but points. Pointed cats are born almost white and get color as they age. Since Mom is orange, that could mean flame point, calico or tortie points for girls and flame point for boys. Very lovely coloring if I am right.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

msdeb39

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I got a pet play pen for momma cat and her two kittens. Kittens will be 3 weeks old Thursday. Never thought about them getting out so soon and momma cat don’t care. If I don’t keep flap unzipped for momma cat will jump on top of pen and collapse it with kittens in it. Momma Cat has a 6 month old kitten that plays to rough with kittens. Momma cat wants her with them also at night. So I have to separate them in different rooms at night. I have momma cat and kittens with me. Every time kittens get out she meows non stop. Want put them back in pen. Then once babies go to sleep. Her 6 month old will start meowing from other room which gets her started. Then I have to zip pen up let othe kitten out. So her and momma can play for a couple of hours. Last night I did not go to sleep till 5 am up at 9 am. Tonight is going to be the same. I have to be up by 5 am this morning. By the way these are rescue cats. Momma Cat is only 2 the vet thinks. She has been fixed. When she had her C section. Could not have kittens. Had to take her to emergency vet for C section. She had 7. Only 2 were alive. I am going to be gone for awhile in the morning. I am so worried kittens will get out and get hurt.

Last edited by a moderator:

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
How is momma and babies doing?
About the vet vaccinating momma while pregnant... Rabies vaccines are ok when pregnant, it is recommended to wait but it is a killed virus, and they are safe for pregnant cats and required by law so some clinics will give them. The combo vaccines (distemper) are usually modified live vaccines and they are the ones that are bad and can cause birth defects/miscarriages... that is usually only if the vaccine is given at the beginning of pregnancy.
It sounds like momma just had too many babies and had complications getting them through the birth canal :( Are you able to get her 6 month old kitten fixed now?

msdeb39

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They were eating the cat litter. Had to take it out of the playpen. Today I had a doctors appointment. I put them in the bedroom. They jumped over the milk carts. So I let them run around the bedroom while I was gone. Was so happy. Thought I was going to get to sleep in my bed and not have to let momma cat in and out of playpen all night. Wrong, when I got home the little boy cat was chewing on cord to the lamp. Then he would go under bed and chew on cord to my adjustable bed. They were not plugged in. In the process of rearranging bedroom. So what should I do to stop him ?
And from eating cat liter ?

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get out your Tabasco sauce or any similar pepper sauce and your q-tips or small paint brush and paint the cords with the pepper sauce. don't let the cats around it until it dries which is a matter of minutes. The advantage to the Tabasco sauce is that it's red and you can see what you've done. most cats don't like the taste. He should have finished teething/exploring by the time the pepper sauce wears off.

Be sure to keep it away from your face and their's. Wash hands afterwards and, I put the q-tips in a small plastic baggie to throw away.

msdeb39

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Keeping kittens in my bedroom while I am gone. Well yesterday the little girl learned to climb up the bed. I have a high up bed. Got to leave tonight. So worried she will get up their again because momma cats lays on bed and fall off. These kittens are going to give me a breakdown. All I do is worry about them. Want go anywhere unless I have to. Have not even decorated for Christmas yet. I have hardwood floors. I will probably put blankets around the bed before I leave.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Later you can put the box springs and mattress on the floor without the bed frame. Save it for later in storage. Since you worry you might want to wait until next year to decorate.

If you do decorate -

1- no breakable ornaments within kitten reach. Kittens will climb the tree to the top. Plastic, wood, paper, cardboard, and cloth are good. Don't use the metal hooks to hang the ornaments, some kittens try to chew on them and get their tongues or mouths stabbed. Other kittens actually manage to swallow them.

2- fake tree means you don't have to worry about them drinking the tree water which is bad for them

3- no tinsel if they eat it and they are drawn to what glitters, it can cut up their intestines.

4- Christmas tree light wires are just as dangerous as other electrical cords.

5- Anything the kittens see they will try to take apart to see how it's made. Buttons, fake peppermints for the gingerbread house, yep. Some are small enough to swallow.