Missing Mickey July 4 2001- July 8 2014

mnm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
^^^ ohhhhh he did know just how much you loved him.... your hurt now that he is "temporarily" gone definitely shows just how deep your love was for him :)

zoneout

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi, it's been 6 months since my loss and I feel exactly the same as you. I still miss her so much. Every time I open the door to my room I look down expecting her to be there meowing to greet me. Then the cold reality hits that she is not around.

I have accepted she is gone but the feeling of loss and sorrow is still there.

I wonder if I will ever stop hearing her or expecting to see her. Probably her presence is in this house and that is what I sense.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's so terribly hard to accept that they are gone, it's been almost 2 years for me and I swear I see my Chrissy in her usual places sometimes, I think they do come back at times to try to comfort us. My two 'boys' give me tremendous comfort, if anything at least they distract me from my pain. But now that I know that I can lose them, and one day I know I will, I am terrified of going through all the pain again. You will surely be blessed for all the pain you are going through, only a great love could bring such anguish for so long. I hope by releasing some of your pain through communicating on this site with others who understand your heart will begin to heal. I'm so sorry you are going through so much, take care of yourself, your sweet Mickey would want you to feel joy when you think of her, but sometimes that is a long time coming.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank You MnM for your kind words. I am sure you are right in saying that Mickey knew how much he was loved. I keep trying to tell myself the same thing. Most days I feel that he knew. Then there are those days that I am not so sure. I keep feeling that I should have done more to help him. I don't know?? Maybe it is the holidays. They can make you more sad when special loved ones are no longer here, both human and pets. How is Mikki doing? I hope she is coping better with the loss of Minnie and yourself as well. Big hugs to you both!!

Loving Mickey

Top Cat
Purraise
Yes Zoneout I know exactly what you mean. I can sense Mickey all the time. I keep remembering and seeing him in all his favorite places. I keep expecting to hear his soft little meow. He had the lowest sweetest meow I ever heard in a cat. I got him when he was six months old. He was my baby so I guess it is only natural that I miss him so much. I only wish my heart didn't hurt so much. I don't think I will ever get over his loss. I know that I will never forget him. I am so sorry that you are hurting like I am. I would never wish that pain on anyone. I hope you start to heal and feel better soon Take Care!!

Loving Mickey

Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Di and Bob Thank You so much for your very sweet words. Yes it does help coming on this site and "talking" to people that truly understand how I feel as they all feel just as I do. The people on this site are great and very compassionate. I feel like they truly listen and care. I appreciate it so much when they take the time to read my posts. It is also thoughtful when they respond (like you do) with such kind words. You went out of your way to reply to my post just to make me feel better.I can never express enough how much that means to me.I did adopt another cat. His name is Shadow and he is about 18 months old now. It helps that he needed someone to love him and give him a good home. I already love him lots and he has his own special place in my heart. I will never forget Mickey though and ever stop missing him.I truly sorry about the loss of your Chrissy. It doesn't matter how long it has been since the loss. It will always be painful and our heart broken. I understand about worrying about any new kitties. I constantly watch Shadow for fear something may happen to him. I don't think I could handle that. I hope that one day I can smile when thinking of Mickey. I wish the same for you when thinking of your Chrissy. Take Care!!

Loving Mickey

Top Cat
Purraise
Hi I will post some pictures of my new cat Shadow in a different post.

bgregory

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad you were able to open your heart to a new furry friend.  It's obvious how much you loved Mickey.  I know that someday my heart will open again to a fur baby that needs me.  Bless your heart for finding a way through the pain to love once again.

Loving Mickey

Top Cat
Purraise
Thank You bgregory for your kind words. Yes,, I loved Mickey so much and still do. I find myself crying over his loss everyday. He was my baby and I miss him so much. My house seemed so empty without him that I knew I needed another cat who would need me as well.Shadow is special in his own way and he needed a home. I needed Shadow to need me.Shadow has his own special place in my heart. I will always miss Mickey, but I can also love Shadow.I realize the pain of losing our babies can be unbearable. However there can always be room in our hearts to love another. We will never forget the ones we lost but the new ones can help us cope with our pain.

Loving Mickey

Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Mickey, missing you so much today. Christmas is almost here but you are not here to share it with me. The day won't be the same without you. It will soon be 6 months that you are gone. I will never stop missing you. You will remain in my heart forever.Merry Christmas my baby. Life is not the same without you!

mnm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
(big hug) to you Mickey's mommy. I had Min on my mind a lot today as well. Saturday it was 15 weeks. I am so thankful that our Mikki has changed as far as cuddling with me now since Min has passed, but ya know... as much as I love and adore Mikki, it's not Minnie.... and I sense you feel the same way with your Mickey. He looks so sweet :) Our God is all about "good things", so I just know they are being loved on this Christmas and are free of pain... playing like normal... but their hearts are in ours... I know you can feel that :) Hang in there...

Loving Mickey

Top Cat
Purraise
Thank You MnM for your kind words. I guess we are all missing our babies who have passed, especially as Christmas is so close. Christmas without my Mickey seems so unreal. I am glad that Mikki is getting closer to you and cuddles with you more. Of course I love Shadow and he has his own place in my heart. I still miss Mickey though and wish so much that he was still here with me. It doesn't help much that Shadow still seems to prefer my husband more. Just tonight he kept going to my husband for pets and cuddles and ran from me. Not to mention that I am the only one that feeds him, changes the litter box, and buys him everything. Shadow is getting so much for Christmas. He is one spoiled kitty! Oh well, he is still my baby and I love him.Hugs to you as well as I know that you must be missing your Minnie just as much as I am missing my Mickey. Give Mikki a big hug from me.

Loving Mickey

Top Cat
Purraise
It is nine months now that my Mickey is gone. I can't seem to sleep as I am remembering the date, the 8th, which is today. I will never forget that night. July 8th, 2014, a Tuesday night, around eleven thirty, my beautiful precious Mickey left me. The tears are streaming down my face as I recall that terrible night. I still cry frequently over his loss.Mickey was so special and was my world. My life is just not the same without him. He took a huge piece of my heart with him when he left.
I love and miss you so much Mickey!!
You will remain in my heart forever!!
Just know that I tried everything to save you. You should still be here with me.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know the pain those 'dates' bring, my Chrissy died on the 8th too, a Saturday. I think it is something we will never forget, no matter how hard we try. Try to remember that your sweet baby would never want you to be so sad when you remember him, they have a very unselfish love and would want you to dwell on the good times and the love you shared, cherish your memories of happier times. My heart goes out to you, that huge hole in your heart will someday, in time, heal, though it will leave a scar. There is no 'time limit' on the grief, for some it is something they learn to live with and adjust their lives to. I pray we can all smile once again with genuine joy and learn to open our hearts even though we know now that love hurts but is so very necessary to truly live. Be gentle on yourself, you are a good person, take care.........

dalimili18

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He was such a loveable boy. I can understand your pain. For me it has been 45 days only. It still feels like I have dreamt all last 14 years of my life where he was still a part of it. Now it seems I just woke up and the dream is gone.

For people who don't have children, like me, it is really hard to lose our furry friends, our babies. You just feel such huge void, such incredible loss that you really have to be in rock hard place not to fall apart and break into pieces.

What keeps me going is helping others, I just saved a very malnourished kitty that had a huge temperature, issues with breathing and gangrenous leg... now 5 days later she is so much better. I am not sure I want to keep her, but I feel like my life has some sort of meaning when I can help as my boy needed all my help last 5 years of his life and I feel like I am helping him in a way...

I wish you all the best and I hope you can recover from your loss soon, you shall never ever forget him though.