Mentions

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello! I have seen that people are Mentioning me in some posts, but I am not receiving email notifications of these.
Did Someone Mention... You?

I have always had the box toggled for when someone "mentions me in a message". I also checked my contact options page, and the box is untoggled for "disable mention emails" (meaning, shouldn't I be getting emails about this?)

Am I the only one not getting any Mention email alerts?

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Are you getting other email notifications from the site?

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I checked on our end and no issues with emails going out to you. I just mentioned you in another thread so let's see if that triggers a notification email. It can take up to an hour for these emails to go out so give it some time.

If you won't be getting that one, I would look in your spam folder just to make sure there's not some rule sending only mention notifications there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you getting other email notifications from the site?
Yep, I am. I get all the usual emails every day. Just not ones that said someone used my username in a "mention".

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I checked on our end and no issues with emails going out to you. I just mentioned you in another thread so let's see if that triggers a notification email. It can take up to an hour for these emails to go out so give it some time.

If you won't be getting that one, I would look in your spam folder just to make sure there's not some rule sending only mention notifications there.
Ok, it is many hours later than your message... I got the usual emails loading in this morning but not a one that indicates I was mentioned by you/ anyone.

It looks on my end that I have the right settings toggled and untoggled - right? Is there something I am missing regarding how I should have my settings?

Thanks for looking into this. Are others getting specific emails about being Mentioned?

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Thanks for checking again (and replying in the other thread). As far as I can see your settings look good and I know that I'm getting my own mention emails, so the feature itself seems to be working. I also checked the email server record and it's not showing any failures in sending you emails.

Do you have any filters or rules in your inbox that could be triggered by these? I use filters in my Gmail account and sometimes they catch things I didn't mean for them to. Could you possibly check your spam folder just to make sure? If the notifications aren't there, I'll ask our tech team to look into this and we'll see what they come up with.

Sorry about the inconvenience and thank you for your patience! :catlove:

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no filters, etc., that could isolate these emails. I don't get mentioned inordinately, so no reason for any spam things to kick in, if I did have the filters (it's not like I get hundreds of mentions! just a handful a day, if even).

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
You are not the only one, PushPurrCatPaws PushPurrCatPaws ! I have not checked the "Disable Mention Emails" box and I am also not receiving emails about mentions.

I was mentioned in the "The Big Breeds (and Mixes): Post 'em Here!" thread on both Monday and Tuesday and I have not received email mention of either one. I have looked through both the Spam and the Trash folders and I have not found the emails in there either. I tried hitting the "Save Changes" button again and I am mentioning myself here to see if that made a difference. Boris Diamond Boris Diamond

Last edited:

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I should have mentioned that "Mentions You in a message" is also checked under Alert Preferences.

And I have not received a mention email yet.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes AbbysMom AbbysMom . I counted them and today, so far, I have received 23 emails from TCS. I think the "mentions" emails are the only ones I am not receiving.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning! I just thought I'd check in to see if there were any updates on this.
(Still not getting email notifications of Mentions, yet I'm get the other expected emails - even the newsletter :bouquet: )

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Good morning! I just thought I'd check in to see if there were any updates on this.
(Still not getting email notifications of Mentions, yet I'm get the other expected emails - even the newsletter :bouquet: )
So sorry about the delay! A mix of minor health issues and not-so-minor internet issues in our home...

Can you please try unsubscribing from the the mention notification emails specifically and then subscribing again? Our developer thinks this might help in case it's an error within the database.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, I certainly will (and have), but I doubt it will help as Boris Diamond already spoke above in post #8 of trying to redo the "Save Changes" button on his end and it didn't help, still no emails... the last I knew, as of Thursday when I posted here, he still wasn't getting the Mention emails either.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Hi, I certainly will (and have), but I doubt it will help as Boris Diamond already spoke above in post #8 of trying to redo the "Save Changes" button on his end and it didn't help, still no emails... the last I knew, as of Thursday when I posted here, he still wasn't getting the Mention emails either.
The idea is to uncheck - hit save. Then go back and this time check the box and hit save. Boris Diamond Boris Diamond can you please try this as well?

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did check, hit "Save"; then unchecked, and hit Save. Thanks, Anne. But do you want to try to Mention me now and see if I get an email?
(By the way, do these Mention emails have a particular Subject line? I know other messages have Subject lines like, "New reply to watched thread", "New reply to watched forum", "New reply to your conversation" and so on -- do the Mention emails actually indicate it was a Mention email by similar text?)

Last edited:

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
But do you want to try to Mention me now and see if I get an email?
Done! Give it an hour or so and then let me know if if worked. The title of the email is -
Someone mentioned you at The Cat Site

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just noticed you said to "uncheck - hit save. Then go back and this time check the box and hit save"... but doesn't that mean if the box is checked, I don't get the emails? (Right now, what I did was Check then saved, then unchecked and saved again... because from what I read there, an unchecked box means I should get emails... right? I've had it unchecked all of this time. The text there says, "When checked you will no longer receive an email when someone mentions you in a post.")