menta died this morning

ej x

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am devastated, I feel like I failed her. My 8wk kitten died and we couldn't do anything.

Please send her your good thoughts, prayers, and anything you are able.

It was too soon, I just had the privilege of sharing with her 1 week of her short life. 

She will forever be missed.

Thank you all.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I am devastated, I feel like I failed her. My 8wk kitten died and we couldn't do anything.

Please send her your good thoughts, prayers, and anything you are able.

It was too soon, I just had the privilege of sharing with her 1 week of her short life. 

She will forever be missed.

Thank you all.
I'm so sorry for your loss. 

No matter how much time we get with them it's never enough. Unfortunately, young kittens do die. it's awful but it happens. You did not fail her. If she was there beside you, do you think that she'd say anything like that to you? I don't. I think she'd thank you for caring for her and showing her unconditional love and friendship. You time together may have been short but it meant just as much to her as it did to you. The two of you formed a bond during that time that nothing, including death can break. Death doesn't even bother trying to sever these bonds anymore as he has become weary from continuous failure. 

Menta will always love you and she is now over at the bridge being cared for very lovingly. She is among friends there and they will help her become adjusted to life without you. She is fine now. She will never be sick or in pain ever again. She will watch over you with much love and someday, when the time is right, you will meet again and your friendship will pick right back up again. 

Please be kind to yourself right now. She would not want you to blame yourself for her passing. She does not. 

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Menta came into your life for a reason, she knew that you would find the strength to help her get through the tragic end of her short life, and that you would mourn her and remember her after. It's amazing how quickly they can worm their way into our hearts, and when something like this happens it is amazing how crushed our soul can be and still survive. Sweet little Menta would want you to go on and to be happy again, she would never want you to be so sad because of her, she loved you too much. She passed on to you her legacy of love, the future will bring a time to pass on that legacy to keep her memory alive, she would like that. When something like this happens to one so young, and so loved, it never will be accepted by our hearts,  it is one of the mysteries of life that will be never explained so that we understand. She needed you and you were there, please celebrate the time you did have, she came into your life and brought you something precious, her love. Even though it hurts so much, be joyful she was in your life, there was a unknown reason and it was meant that you know and love her.  Having you mourn her gives her life meaning and we all need that. I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers, I pray that her journey to the Rainbow Bridge is swift, and that she is whole and healthy and playing her kitten games with all of her new friends. Surround yourself with people who understand, it takes a long time to heal a broken heart. Take care........RIP precious Menta, you were with us for such a short while, but the shining star that is you will shine bright in the heavens for eternity. You will be forever held in a loving heart!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ej x

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you guys for your words; thought and prayers for Menta. Its incredible how one can love so much a little kitten who was just a few days with us.

I feel a hole in my heart. And I cant even get used to the idea.

Please keep sending her your love amd prayers so where ever you believe she is she will be fine, happy and without suffering.

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is so heartbreaking when the little ones pass when we have done everything we can. RIP sweet Menta

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
   Condolences on losing little Menta. Losing a "tiny" is so devastating. I have had cats all my life and have helped ferals for most of my 60 years and seeing babies pass away just doesn't get any easier. Menta left this earthly realm knowing what it felt like to have a name, to be safe and warm and comforted, to be in loving family - all special gifts from YOU! She is safe on the Other Side now, with the ancestors who have lived and died before us, and with the descendants who have yet to be born. I lost my 16yo cat Cinder Cone this week and it still hurts even though she had a good long run, she enjoyed warm sunshine on chilly days, knew the fulfillment of successful hunts and ever so many good times that I wish that Menta and all the other lost little ones could have enjoyed. So at the end of it all, all I can say is how sorry I am for your loss and that you did not fail your little kitten - they are tiny, frail beings, so susceptible to lethal diseases and mortal accidents. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers & I am sure that my Cinders will keep your little Menta in her care. Hugs, Susan

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

ej x

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you!!! Than you!!! You have no idea how me writting this post and your answers have helped my pain. To be honest I just scheduled a business trip and havent gone home since. I am a bit agraid of going home and see all the toys I bought lying in the livingroom. Im a bit scared of that but Im sure with time Ill be better. Thanks

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You will cry when you see those mementos from the past, don't be afraid to let it out. I gathered up everything and sealed it in plastic bags, all the toys, the favorite blanket, the cards I received from family, even her hair is in a little china cat. I cry three and a half years later when I walk past her grave. I have lost others who still bring pain to my heart, but there is always one who is so special. Don't be afraid, you are not alone, let those things comfort you in knowing they were Menta's, and she would love for you to cherish them as a reminder of your love. I'll pray for you both. 

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
My condolences - it's tragic when their lives are so short. Kittens are vulnerable to so many illnesses, and even knowing that, your heart breaks a little more with every loss. RIP, Menta. :rbheart:

shenny

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry, I will certainly send her loving thoughts and ask that she is looked after when she gets there. Her time was short but you loved each other and that can't be broken. In her short time she had the best life you could have given her, you didn't fail her, it was her time. Maybe she was sent for a reason and in time, you'll come to know what that reason was but for now, be kind to yourself. RIP little Menta X

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been in your shoes before, and remember to this day how difficult it was.  I'm so sorry.