Mega massive vibes for Lazlo urgent

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Someone was just asking about Stella & Chewey's in the nutrition forum. Good to know they make a line of cat food.
I'll have to see if we can find it.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Feralvr

OH I know this one all too well

YAY - see you are finding new things for him to eat, and really, who cares right now if it is "balanced" - I threw that out the window last week
YES, baby food!!!!!!! The meat varieties are just perfect for this situation

Actually, I was thinking of this one -
- but where the little mallet is hitting the head. I thought there was one!

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Laurie, I hope lazlo feels better, I was so sad whn i read he wasn't feeling well
Chemotherapy can't be an easy thing for kitties, I hope he can stay strong and feel better soon.

Still praying and lots of good vibes

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still thinking about Lazlo and you guys... Glad he's eating stinky food, it's definitely better than not eating anything!! Stay strong!!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I haven't found today's "cheese danish."

And he's getting fussier about being syringe fed.

But we did get out to the supermarket and pet food store, so I've still got a lot of things in the arsenal.

I also have the Klaw Kontrol bag if it comes to it. Since he's still grooming, purring, kneading, and loving brushies... if I have to force him to eat, I will.

Have to expect set-backs along the way, right?

One day at a time.

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's right, one day at a time.
Lazlo couldn't be in better hands, and I know all of you will make it through this with flying colors. (If they're a little ragged around the edges, that's quite alright as long as they're up and flying.
)

Hang in there, honey!

AC

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Auntie Crazy

That's right, one day at a time.
Lazlo couldn't be in better hands, and I know all of you will make it through this with flying colors. (If they're a little ragged around the edges, that's quite alright as long as they're up and flying.
)

Hang in there, honey!

AC
I found sardines in water, no salt! I don't know if they're boneless. I'll probably find out this evening LOL. I have no idea how hard it would be to pick out bones... but if I have to find out, so be it.

Originally Posted by farleyv

You all are in my prayers every night.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Honey.... Poor little baby

I think this is one of those expected -feeling-bad-chemo-times you will hit from time to time when the dose changes or increases....
Look up Halo Freeze Dry treats - they are pretty awesome as well if you don´t find Stella ´n Chewy... In fact, if it isn´t dry food, Lucky won´t eat, and she goes NUTS for the freeze dry chicken! It is 100% chicken and pretty easy to find - I think they have chicken, beef and salmon.

I am praying for both you and your little boy - keep goingt strong hun.... Him feeling bad with the effects of the chemo doesn´t mean he isn´t getting better - just keep that in mind
It is pretty strong treatment.... it beats you up, but he is a fighter

Monster, huge vibes and hugs for you all

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you again, everyone!

Carolina, I think I'm going to have to order more stuff online. I HATE the waiting for it, but the amount of things I went through today has me laughing (because it's better than crying LOL).

AND I've tried everything room temp, heated, room temp with different toppings, heated with different toppings. Also tried out-of-the can texture, mixed with water, partially blended, and completely blended (room temp, heated, and with all the different toppings).

He did eat some heated up chicken baby food off my finger tips. And a little bit of mashed up tuna. And a few licks of warmed up Merricks Seafood whatever (main ingredient sardines). But he didn't want sardines.

I do remember that with Tuxie, it took a while to find his "cheese danish." It was jumbo shrimp, let cooled a bit, then shredded. Not medium, not large shrimp - the jumbos.

So this could be a while. And of course - could change any time we find something!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One (more) thing I do want to say... doing this with seven other cats is an INCREDIBLE pia. The whining, begging, and jealousy is unbelievable. They're all going to get fat (or fatter) from the little treats to keep everyone happy(ish). And the slightest distraction at this point stops Lazlo from eating altogether. This is one of the few times I wish we were back in a house.

Except, of course, Lazlo never liked being in a house (one of those 20/20 hindsight things).

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You do realize that their cheese danish can change daily? You'll find their favorites, then they'll poo-poo them one day. Find anything that he likes and rotate them in to keep him interested.

More
coming your way!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know.
I'm trying not to feel discouraged that I didn't find ANYTHING today.

All the other kitties are enjoying this though.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maia and I are so sorry for the late sending Lazlo mega !
Maia wants to
both of you, and I want to
both of you.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I second Carolina's suggestion of the Halo treats - irresistible! My guys really like the NutriSource canned, of all things. Don't know why, but to find a canned food that almost everyone out of 12 enjoys is darn near impossible.
I usually only have 1 or 2 snub it.

When Eden has been not eating right, the vet has suggested a tiny dab of butter on top of her food to get her started eating it. It works sometimes, but I'm careful not to give her too much.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is true, cheese and Danish can be something different everyday. For Wilbur, it is every two days
. And yep, big PITA going through many different types of food to get them to eat when everyone else is crowding around
. And of course, you have to give them all a taste. Hang in there, sweetie
. This is to be expected with a kitty on chemo. The drugs are rough on his little body, but they must be beating the heck out of that tumor. Lazlo is a trooper and will get through this. How can he not
he has the best mommy and daddy to see to it.