Meet Karen ♥️

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amynurse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Short-haired kittens open their eyes earlier than long-haired kittens. One of my kittens opened both eyes at 5 days old. It really varies by kitten. :)
Chonk has the shortest coat of the litter😂

amynurse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kittens are 9 days old today! Kitten #4, now aptly-named Scout, keeps leaving the nest to explore the closet. Karen just lets him do his thing, lol. So tonight we are gating off the back half of the closet. I thought it would be another week before we needed to kitten-proof, but nooooo....Scout is keeping us on our toes!! He makes a beeline for me anytime I enter the closet.
I also expanded Karen's nest to accommodate the growing kittens. To my surprise, she welcomed the renovations immediately!
Will post pics tonight♥

amynurse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So, no pics tonight, as I got home late and forgot to bring my phone in when I told the kitties goodnight. BUT... y'all.....I laid down on the floor with them and Scout immediately snuggled up against my face and started PURRING!!
If these babies aren't careful, I'm going to do like Sarthur2 Sarthur2 and keep them ALL♥

amynurse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Been a busy few days for me...finally updating.
The Fab Five are 2 weeks old today!! Only two kittens were awake when I stole my son's phone for pics, lol. I don't know how to upload more than one pic at a time, so I apologize if you get a ton of notifications!
Here's Scout. He's currently the smallest kitten, but he is gaining an average of 10g a day. He's the most inquisitive of the group, by far.
Resized_20191104_211402.jpg

amynurse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
OK everyone, let's all vote on how many calicos will she have! My guess is three.
calico man calico man : she had two calicos, but sadly one was stillborn. Altogether she had 7 kittens: 4 tuxedos, one blk and white bicolor and 2 calicos. The Fab Five are left...1 bicolor, 3 tuxes and 1 calico♥

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They look great! :)

My runt was the smallest and most curious too. He grew up to be my largest cat of all. You never know!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
This is just too much kitten preciousness! Jamie was more than likely the runt and abandoned and he is now 16 lbs...so you never know.

amynurse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kittens are still doing great! Karen's appetite is back in full force, although she prefers wet food and treats to KMR. Does anyone have any creative ways of getting extra calcium in her?
Also, when is the best time to spay her? I've heard 4 weeks, 6 weeks....does it vary from cat to cat?
Thanks in advance. Here are kitten pics in exchange for your help;)
IMG_20191106_204630.jpg