Meet Karen ♥️

amynurse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello all
I brought home a foster kitty a few weeks ago, and she quickly won our hearts! I realized within the first 24 hours that she appeared pregnant. Today, I saw and felt movement! So it won't be long now. She has an appointment on the 23rd, but we may have kittens by then!
Just wanted to introduce "us". Get ready for lots of cute pics of mom and babies♥

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amynurse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She is beautiful and you are very kind to foster her and to allow her to have her babies in a safe place. Are you associated with a rescue group or shelter who might help you if you need some support once the kittens arrive?
I do have a friend who works at a rescue, as well as a friend who owns a pet store. This is my second time fostering a pregnant cat, so I feel fairly confident.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello all
I brought home a foster kitty a few weeks ago, and she quickly won our hearts! I realized within the first 24 hours that she appeared pregnant. Today, I saw and felt movement! So it won't be long now. She has an appointment on the 23rd, but we may have kittens by then!
Just wanted to introduce "us". Get ready for lots of cute pics of mom and babies♥
Hello amynurse. Karen is beautiful but isn't she the same calico cat you have introduced with your thread entitled "Meet Karen, Caliby, Torby or ??" on the 3rd of September 2019?

amynurse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
New Karen pics! She has a vet appointment next Monday, hopefully we can get a feel for when she is due. She's chunking up, and is finding it hard to groom herself now, poor girl! I'm going to see if she'll let me help her later tonight.

amynurse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
New Karen pics and update:
Took her to the vet today. She got dewormed and got her rabies vaccine. FLV/FIV was negative. Vet couldn't tell how many kits or how far along she is. Only commented that her kits are "very heavy"! Karen weighs in at 10.5lbs!! She weighed *maybe* 6 lbs 3 weeks ago. Starting to think these are gonna be BIG babies!! First movement was on 9/10...so maybe one week left.

amynurse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi ladies and gents
I believe we are in the 11th hour over here. Karen is huge and miserable and her appetite has decreased a little.

My current question is this: where on the timeline does the Queen's vulva become swollen? Tonight Karen's is noticably swollen, and she is avoiding sitting on her bottom, preferring to lie down instead.
Thanks everyone

PS: I attached a side pic of her belly.

Attachments

amynurse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It means she is very close. You can apply a warm damp compress to it if she’ll let you.
I have those wipes for cats...she let me clean her bottom a little bit ago. I haven't seen any discharge, but I worked a 12 hr shift today, and so I wasn't here to observe her. My 14 year old son was on kitten duty, and he probably didn't go snooping around her nether regions, haha!

amynurse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Omg, she just stood up and arched her back, and I heard that popping sound y'all have mentioned before! 2 or 3 little pops! So weird!

amynurse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So tonight, Karen is doing a lot of grooming. Caught her licking her girly parts, which she RARELY does! She also deliberately backed up to the window pane and pressed her hind end up against it... holding it there for a full 20 seconds. The panes are very cool, since we have the AC on. My girl is so inventive, lol!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How is she doing today? Are you seeing any contractions yet?

amynurse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's acting fairly normal this morning. I have not been seeing as much kitten movement in the last 12 hours or so. I'm guessing everyone is lining up for the big finale. Her appetite is still a bit less, but she eats treats and drinks her KMR with enthusiasm, lol.
I'll keep you posted, believe me! Nervous Grandma over here!