Meet Ghost - Follow along with intros to RCs

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Kwik! Thanks for your message. I don't know if his little belly should be out like that on either side. 🤣 He's such a sweet beautiful boy inside and out.

Hmm. Maybe he has something in him that makes his fur so so thick.

Our heating system has been on since October. We are on hot water heating in our complex. The boilers are located a few rows away. So he shouldnt be smelling anything new. We had a few warm days, so perhaps we should have turned the heat down a little. I'll try and get the video posted here too.

Otherwise they're doing okay. Really wild that we could open a window in Dec. That's usually impossible! But it got up to 11 C over the holidays.
This photo is adorable- but but but it's adorable,🤣

Oh hot water heating is the best,surely no smells there so I think that theory went right out that open window !!!Enjoy that odd but lovely weather you are having

Keep us posted on Ghosts appt please- looking forward to hearing he was just having too much fun🙏❤on a warm floor

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers for him! I will update everyone next week.

I know it's bloodwork if they think any heart issues are at hand and I think chest x-rays if athsma. Really hoping just to get him some regular bloodwork and be told he's chubby and scolded. 🤣

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This evening Ghost reminded us that he lived outside by scaling the pantry and stealing an entire pack of Nori. He brought it to me. What a sweet testament of trust. So I opened it and gave him as much as he wanted (about a quarter sheet).

We've worked hard that whenever he breaks into the wand toys and brings it to us instead of hiding the toy that we play with him a bit before putting it away. So it's definitely improved his hiding things behaviours.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
This evening Ghost reminded us that he lived outside by scaling the pantry and stealing an entire pack of Nori. He brought it to me. What a sweet testament of trust. So I opened it and gave him as much as he wanted (about a quarter sheet).

We've worked hard that whenever he breaks into the wand toys and brings it to us instead of hiding the toy that we play with him a bit before putting it away. So it's definitely improved his hiding things behaviours.
What a sweet boy,that's adorable- gave me a big smile

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We made it to the vet despite the storm last night.

Unfortunately Ghost has a heart murmur and needs an ultrasound for his heart.
I'll make a post in health but I'm feeling pretty angry at the world right now.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
We made it to the vet despite the storm last night.

Unfortunately Ghost has a heart murmur and needs an ultrasound for his heart.
I'll make a post in health but I'm feeling pretty angry at the world right now.
I'm sorry,l understand and I'm praying for Ghost( and you too):gaah::bawling2::disappointed::alright::redheartpump:

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This splooter has not forgiven me for the transgressions that have come to pass. His chest is shaved and he's cold (here he's laying over a floors hot spot as a pipe runs underneath). I had to bath him, and then the next morning his poo was a bit runny from the sedation medicine so I had to clean his bum and foot.

He's very stiff again when you pick him up. He wasn't when we were on the way to the vet and he wasn't when we brought him home and he was still drugged but now he is and since last night.

In other news he's decided he likes strawberry leaves. These are safe for him to have as a treat. He's been following us into the fridge to get them. I've bribed him with Applepaws.

Attachments

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh and also, he and Calcifer played a bit yesterday. Magnus won't groom or play with him but they did lay together and watch outside last night iPappy iPappy .

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh and also, he and Calcifer played a bit yesterday. Magnus won't groom or play with him but they did lay together and watch outside last night iPappy iPappy .
That's progress. :) I'm so happy he's home, I'm sure Magnus will be back to playing with him in no time.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm feeling really good lately. Everyone is really on routine. We've got Magnus's food down and he's not loosing weight AND he's eating 3tbsp of dry food per day. (We want to "cut" their wet food with dry for some various reasons.)

Ghost isn't eating everything in sight on 3 tbsp of Hill's appetite control. He's getting really comfortable asking for things though like, okay, food and attention.

There's lots of mutual grooming, wrestling and activities. Lots of adjacent sleeping though not too much actual cuddling...it usually turns in to play fighting quickly.

Ghost and Calcifer are frequently walking under eachother? And standing over each other.

They will all also play in front of one another. I also always give separate playtimes but this is a level of trust I love to work up to. It makes it easy for sitters or visitors to play with the cats.

Anyway, Ghost would like everyone to know that we've been denying him Bok Choy and it is a crime.

Attachments

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Alldara- what a lovely update- it's so nice to hear all good things and that the lil clowder is coming together perfectly as a happy family

I never personally knew of anyone who used the Hills appetite control,really great knowing it works so well.... I really like Hills brand,it would be my own choice and I used to feed it but can no longer afford it with 5- thsnk you for sharing as I often recommend Hills to folks as my Vets do as well

Ghost is so beautiful,that photo is darling ❤

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm feeling really good lately. Everyone is really on routine. We've got Magnus's food down and he's not loosing weight AND he's eating 3tbsp of dry food per day. (We want to "cut" their wet food with dry for some various reasons.)

Ghost isn't eating everything in sight on 3 tbsp of Hill's appetite control. He's getting really comfortable asking for things though like, okay, food and attention.

There's lots of mutual grooming, wrestling and activities. Lots of adjacent sleeping though not too much actual cuddling...it usually turns in to play fighting quickly.

Ghost and Calcifer are frequently walking under eachother? And standing over each other.

They will all also play in front of one another. I also always give separate playtimes but this is a level of trust I love to work up to. It makes it easy for sitters or visitors to play with the cats.

Anyway, Ghost would like everyone to know that we've been denying him Bok Choy and it is a crime.
Btw- realized you were questioning Ghost & Calcifer walking over and /or under each other- that's a wonderful display of acceptance.... as you already know that cats have scent glands on their faces/head,Paws & tail you also know they bunt or rub
possessions by rmarkinv them with their pheromones

As much as cats are not a pack animal they are very social and do bond together in what we call a clowder- walking over ,under one another is a sign of trust and acceptance- walking side by side is much the same as a pack animal would do - when they graze each other's sides it's ' family "...... same as when they graze your legs with their sides ❤❤❤

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi Alldara- what a lovely update- it's so nice to hear all good things and that the lil clowder is coming together perfectly as a happy family

I never personally knew of anyone who used the Hills appetite control,really great knowing it works so well.... I really like Hills brand,it would be my own choice and I used to feed it but can no longer afford it with 5- thsnk you for sharing as I often recommend Hills to folks as my Vets do as well

Ghost is so beautiful,that photo is darling ❤
Thank you ❤

The other two are in Iams urinary dry food as prevention. I think some Hills recipes have peas but this one does not. They boys get Hills dental as treats.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Btw- realized you were questioning Ghost & Calcifer walking over and /or under each other- that's a wonderful display of acceptance.... as you already know that cats have scent glands on their faces/head,Paws & tail you also know they bunt or rub
possessions by rmarkinv them with their pheromones

As much as cats are not a pack animal they are very social and do bond together in what we call a clowder- walking over ,under one another is a sign of trust and acceptance- walking side by side is much the same as a pack animal would do - when they graze each other's sides it's ' family "...... same as when they graze your legs with their sides ❤❤❤
Aww well we do have a lot of side grazing. They like to put the sides of their bums on us as they pass by too.

I've never had bonded cats before. I've had cats with good relationships and that were social with one another but never like how these three are with one another.