March Picture Of The Month: Cats In The Kitchen!

Mrs.O

Skeeter's Purrson
Young Cat
Purraise
That would scare me. I'd be afraid Skeeter would jump on the stove when it was hot. But then I am "accused" of being too apprehensive by my daughters :blush:
I did try to teach him not to get on it but it didn't work out, clearly. I do find that he likes to get on after I have cooked & cleaned, sometimes it's still warm and I see paw prints on it so I'm sure he'll figure it out when not a good time, of course not while I'm cooking hahaha

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Gave up on trying to train our cats! Gave up and accept the look of horror on my daughter's face, and gave up on leaving ANYTHING out on the counter! :)
Lol..........Instead of training my boy to stay off the counter, I let him see and smell everything on it and tell him it’s not his and he’s not supposed to touch and eat and lick. Of course food and medications are kept out of reach.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That would scare me. I'd be afraid Skeeter would jump on the stove when it was hot. But then I am "accused" of being too apprehensive by my daughters :blush:
I agree with you, @golondrina and let people say what they will. My loved ones are in my care and I am responsible for their safety and wellbeing. You bet I'm going to be so!

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
yeah we're pretty liberal with what we allow them to do but it's swift punishment with loud noises and water spritzing when anyone gets near hot surfaces.

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dam would have had a good photo at circa 3am this morning.. woke and couldn’t find Gracie - then having searched round the whole apartment found her back up , startelled up on kitchen side !

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ruby knows she's not allowed on the kitchen counters, but she just can't resist jumping up on the kitchen table when I'm looking through the grocery flyers. :D

View attachment 223255
rubysmama rubysmama - If you look closely at the positioning of her pointer tail, you'll see exactly what's going through her mind: "I can has cheeseburger?"

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not done with the cleaning, but I have an entry! Lelia was watching me wipe down the inside of the fridge so I decided we had a picture opportunity!

Entry - Lelia
20180318_190432.jpg

Edit- I know I didn't do a great job wiping. I'll need to do it again later with a more heavy duty sponge. It looks better than it did, though.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not done with the cleaning, but I have an entry! Lelia was watching me wipe down the inside of the fridge so I decided we had a picture opportunity!

Entry - Lelia
View attachment 223275

Edit- I know I didn't do a great job wiping. I'll need to do it again later with a more heavy duty sponge. It looks better than it did, though.
No need for apologies. You should see mine! There was something that got on the glass that no amount of scrubbing will ever move. Looks bad, but hey -- it's the best that can be done!