Male neutering 4 year old. High temperature?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Reaction score
well my question is when can I give him his teddy back? He is being very vocal for it and I'm not sure what's best
By teddy do you mean his teddy bear, (stuffed animal)? I would think you could give it to him now unless it's been somewhere that you think it may have picked up germs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Abb

TCS Member
Kitten
Reaction score
Yeah his teddy bear, he likes to pretend it is his woman 😂 😂 I was thinking of sticking in a 60 degree wash and giving it back to him. It wont do any damage to his incision tho? It has been a week tomorrow since.. thanks for your reply

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Reaction score
Unless it's stuffed with rocks, it shouldn't hurt the incision. And, yes, he'll probably still enjoy it just as much. My friend's, Shannon, cat was passionately in love with her left fuzzy slipper. JUST the left one. At least he was a faithful little thing.

Abb

TCS Member
Kitten
Reaction score
Haha :lol:, well I gave him his teddy bear he started to get it in position and just gave up 😂 I dont know if I feel cruel or what because he used to love humping that poor teddy haha well at least I dont have to witness that anymore I guess! Bless him, I have a quick question.. He still doesnt like being picked up 1 week after surgery, is this normal? Not major picked up but when he is on the bed and I place him on his bed for example he seems to do a light meow. Any advice?

Abb

TCS Member
Kitten
Reaction score
I hope I dont sound stupid I just want the best for him, he is my fur baby and I just love him too much 😂

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Reaction score
He still doesnt like being picked up 1 week after surgery, is this normal? Not major picked up but when he is on the bed and I place him on his bed for example he seems to do a light meow. Any advice?
If he meows when being picked up it's his way of saying, "not yet." The area might be tender so give him a little more time.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
Oh I'm sure he'll go back to his teddy when he's not sore anymore. One of my friends has a cat who has a teddy "girlfriend" he's quite enthusiastic about, and I understand he was neutered at a pretty young age. I don't know why some males are horndogs and some aren't but he's probably not going to change now!