Male neutering 4 year old. High temperature?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
well my question is when can I give him his teddy back? He is being very vocal for it and I'm not sure what's best
By teddy do you mean his teddy bear, (stuffed animal)? I would think you could give it to him now unless it's been somewhere that you think it may have picked up germs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Abb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah his teddy bear, he likes to pretend it is his woman 😂 😂 I was thinking of sticking in a 60 degree wash and giving it back to him. It wont do any damage to his incision tho? It has been a week tomorrow since.. thanks for your reply

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Unless it's stuffed with rocks, it shouldn't hurt the incision. And, yes, he'll probably still enjoy it just as much. My friend's, Shannon, cat was passionately in love with her left fuzzy slipper. JUST the left one. At least he was a faithful little thing.

Abb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Haha :lol:, well I gave him his teddy bear he started to get it in position and just gave up 😂 I dont know if I feel cruel or what because he used to love humping that poor teddy haha well at least I dont have to witness that anymore I guess! Bless him, I have a quick question.. He still doesnt like being picked up 1 week after surgery, is this normal? Not major picked up but when he is on the bed and I place him on his bed for example he seems to do a light meow. Any advice?

Abb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I hope I dont sound stupid I just want the best for him, he is my fur baby and I just love him too much 😂

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
He still doesnt like being picked up 1 week after surgery, is this normal? Not major picked up but when he is on the bed and I place him on his bed for example he seems to do a light meow. Any advice?
If he meows when being picked up it's his way of saying, "not yet." The area might be tender so give him a little more time.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I'm sure he'll go back to his teddy when he's not sore anymore. One of my friends has a cat who has a teddy "girlfriend" he's quite enthusiastic about, and I understand he was neutered at a pretty young age. I don't know why some males are horndogs and some aren't but he's probably not going to change now!

Abb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A have a little update on my boy; so today literally 5 minutes ago I saw on his teddy bear a little bit of dry blood, it is dry so i really have no clue as to when that's happened. Obviously it was when he was "love making" with it

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm assuming if it was dry blood it was dark brownish in color, is that correct? If so, it probably happened before when his incision was healing. Has the incision completely healed yet? Obviously keep an eye on it and if you notice any new signs of fresh blood contact your vet.

Abb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here's a picture of it. Sorry it is a bit blurry. And I thought he was healed as the vet said he was. This is fresh as I lasy checked this teddy around 3/4 days ago and it was clean so this has literally happened in the past 4 days

Attachments

Abb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Surly if it was coming from his nads it would of done this the first day I gave him the teddy back? I'm at a lost. I think the best thing to do would be to obviously take him the vets so I'll ring them tomorrow and see what they say but also I have just noticed his paw, where the nail is, it is awfully red, looks very very sore. He wont let me touch it and when I do he bites us which is very odd as i normally have no issues touching him on his paws, I sometimes glide my finger up and down his arms and paws he seems to not mind but today is a complete different story with my man. I will try my best to get a picture of his paw when he let's me that's is :D:( I figured he could of done damage to his paw by using his scratching post, he has been very aggressive on that post since I got him back from his castration or it could of been the carpet strip I dont know.. I wish I knew, I feel so helpless yet again

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
From what I can see in the picture the spot of blood does not look too bad but if you're bringing him in for his paw/nail then definitely ask the vet to look at the area near his incision. Is the paw swollen or does it look infected? Is he licking it or does he avoid using it? Best of luck at his vet appointment and please let us know what happens.

Abb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It looks good from what I've seen of it, don't really like lifting up his tale he has never liked that :lol: but my partner and I both agree it looks good and has healed, the vet said it was healing nice, he said that around 12 days ago now. He has been absolutely fine until I saw that blood on the teddy which like I said I checked it last 4/3 days ago and nothing. I'm not really sure on his paw, one does look red and not pink? Next to the claw I mean

Abb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just noticed that his incision has white on it? I cant really seem much he is a very dark tabby. It doesnt look like it's a piece of litter either

Abb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here is a better view
20201028_215456.jpg

Abb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise