Male Cat Has Not Urinated In Two Days? No Other Symptoms

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

meowmylexi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Brian007 Brian007 a belated thank you for your response :) Fortunately/unfortunately, Rosco didn't take any of the tylosin. I'm weary about meds, too, especially if these buggers thrive with antibiotics.

I've been swamped with school work and worry over the boys not having been eating well the last few days. They're eating, just not as much as usual. (And as per Vet, I need to try to get Rosco to eat more to begin with :gaah:) So, I'm trying to keep calm for their sake. They're drinking well enough, so that's good at least. And they're napping and playing as usual, too.

The Vet said the steroid would help ease any inflammation and such to give them some relief. That's what I understood from it. He said injections are easy, too, he would show me. I'm not there yet, though. I'd like to try the natural way first - like the probiotics and psyllium, etc. Of course, if they were in distress, it'd be another story.

I have two litter trays on the upper level, and food and drink on the lower level. They're currently eating Orijen (dry) and a combination of Wellness & Natural Balance (wet) without carrageenan, but I see guar & xantham gums instead, ugh.

It's been dreadfully cold out there again, so I haven't been out for a few days. Bad news is, I'm to attend Court tomorrow for jury panel selection. Good news is that it's mandatory to attend, so once I'm free at the end of the day, I'll go pick up some S. Boullardii and psyllium for the boys.

I'll update again during the week :rbheart:

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
I've only just been alerted to this last post because you purraised my previous post! Hmmm. :crash:

I'm glad that things are going ok for the three of you. Not so happy about the cold, mind you. :cold:

But, I'm super excited about the prospect of your being picked for jury service tomorrow. I sat on a jury for two weeks about 15 years ago, and it was one of the best experiences of my life. I loved every second of it! In Scotland, 75 people get called in for selection in which 15 people's names are picked out of a huge glass bowl and read out. I felt like I'd won the lottery when my name was called. I was the only one with an ear to ear grin, however, as no one else was even remotely pleased at the prospect. I'd love to do it again. Oooooh! Best of luck though, either way.

:goodluck: