Mackerel's taken a turn for the worse. :(

threecatowner

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What we need here is Dr. House and his diagnostic team. This must be maddening for you, but at the same time - heartening, that Mackerel is beating all the odds.

I truly hope the vet who didn't want her to go home is made aware of this whole situation, and that things are not always "black and white", so to speak.

Continued prayers and vibes for complete recovery!: vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jalindal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Book - I don't think she's had any onions or garlic at all, but I guess she might have picked something up from the kitchen somewhere? She doesn't normally eat anything out of her food bowl (or my sandwhich, lol) though.

Everyone else, I agree with you all about the value of giving your heart to a cat. There's a phrase which I think fits MUCH better: "What the cat taketh, he returneth many fold." Can't remember where from, but it stuck with me. XD

And sorry, I didn't mean to moan about my family. They really are being great about it all- I just mean to say that they don't understand in quite the same way as you lot do. My Grandma can be excused because she has a chronic case of foot-in-mouth. XD

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I spent a lot of money on Parker in '09 when he was really sick. Many trips to the vet and the emergency vet. I had family and even friends ask why I did it. I heard "it's only a cat". But its MY cat...and I love him so much. If it wasn't for me, he wouldn't be alive and I couldn't stand to think what it would be like now without him.
People who aren't animal lovers or never really had pets they got attached to, don't understand and maybe never will. Sad for them. I think having a pet that loves you, looks to you for everything, doesn't judge you and is always there for you is great.
Mackerel is lucky to have you and I bet she knows it too!

erinroro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yippee!!!
I am so happy to hear that Mackerel is doing better!!! I was afraid of what I might find when I logged in today... There is absolutely no way to put a value on the love that we get from our kitties, so how could anyone decide how much is too much to pay at the vet's?!?!? Non-animal people just don't understand, and they are missing SO much
!

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuvMyParker

I spent a lot of money on Parker in '09 when he was really sick. Many trips to the vet and the emergency vet. I had family and even friends ask why I did it. I heard "it's only a cat". But its MY cat...and I love him so much. If it wasn't for me, he wouldn't be alive and I couldn't stand to think what it would be like now without him.
People who aren't animal lovers or never really had pets they got attached to, don't understand and maybe never will. Sad for them. I think having a pet that loves you, looks to you for everything, doesn't judge you and is always there for you is great.
Mackerel is lucky to have you and I bet she knows it too!
beautifully said

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

OMG what FANTABULOUS NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know what did it.
It's what Amy (Momofmany) calls "Love and Cheese Danish." It's when the vet tells you there's not much to do and not much time left, and you just spend your time not worry about medicine or treatment, and you just love on your baby and give them whatever they love most...... and miracles happen.

So... are they going to give her antibiotics or steroids to see if they help improve her levels?

MEGA she's turned the corner and there is NO LOOKING BACK!

jalindal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
"Love and Cheese Danish", huh? What a wonderful idiom. XD

She's on antibiotics, as well as Anaplex and Fortiker 5 for her kidneys. The vet's also given me some Nutrigel to supplement her diet. She hates ALL of them, so it's very difficult to get her to take them, but I tell her that it'll make her better and hopefully she'll start listening soon. :p

I'm taking her to the vet again on Friday and we'll see how she's doing then. :-)

In the meantime, the thing that we're most worried about is this cough that Mack has. The vet thinks it might be cat flu or a cold or something, because her immune system is so run down. Hopefully the antibiotics will take care of it if it's an URI. :-) She actually seems a bit better today.

jalindal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thought I'd share a photo I snapped a few minutes ago with you guys- Mack's strong enough today to get back on her perch at my shoulder.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She sure loves her mom! As well she should.

I am keeping the prayers going up. Give her a skritch from me!

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jalindal

Thought I'd share a photo I snapped a few minutes ago with you guys- Mack's strong enough today to get back on her perch at my shoulder.
AWWWWW!!!!!!

That is so beautiful, thanks for sharing it! Print it and frame it!

jalindal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Haha, thanks Otto, but you know what... I'm actually thinking that when she gets better, I'm going to have a friend who's an awesome photographer come and take some proper photos of us! Wouldn't that be something to celebrate with, a photo of myself and my miracle cat.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm going to have a friend who's an awesome photographer come and take some proper photos of us!
That's a great idea! She's such a beautiful cat!

jalindal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Shhh, don't tell Mackerel, but I put her drugs in her food. XD Teehee.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am soooooooooooooo truly happy to hear that Mack is doing better and pray for her recovery!!!!!!! You are a great meowmy!!!

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so pleased to hear she is still doing so well. Have they said how long she will be on the meds for?

riffxraff

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

oh how sweet!! i just love how fluffy she is! im so happy she is doing much better and is getting back to her normal self again. you both look like you adore each other greatly, i love it! still praying for you both! im sure those pictures will turn out amazing, she looks like quite the ham haha

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Haha, thanks Otto, but you know what... I'm actually thinking that when she gets better, I'm going to have a friend who's an awesome photographer come and take some proper photos of us! Wouldn't that be something to celebrate with, a photo of myself and my miracle cat.
I can't WAIT for that celebration!

Keeping up mega vibes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!