Losing One Of Our Kittens To A Reckless Driver

Sirmuffins

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Please don't get me wrong but the way l found our Ise (EESE) after she got hit by a car 3 days ago has very little or nothing of a rainbow about it...
We rescued her from a garbage can
When she was just the size of my hand and l dare say we gave her a good life. She had Ziggy and Shira (kittens her age) to run around with, lots of love, good food and medical care. She was just so curious and full of life there was no way to keep her in the house for too long. I can't get the sight of her out there on the street out of my head and l though devaststed we mostly grieve for her that her life was so short and ended so cruelly. She was so innocent and vulnerable, so unaware of what so called humans are capable of.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry that this happened to you all and that you had to witness it, that image will stay with you for quite awhile but with time will lose some of it's "sting". You did a wonderful thing by taking care of her the best that you could, but it is always so sad to have them leave us at a young age. Two things that people have said to me over the years that seem to help are "it is better to have a good, short life than a long bad one", and also "their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven". That may not help you much now but in time it might.

We all know how you feel, and understand. I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, Lord Bless you......:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

Aruna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So sorry to hear of your loss! I, too, lost my Black Cat Oliver around 10 years ago to my reckless driving neighbour...Just as you said, it has nothing of a rainbow when you find cats like that. Hearing of the death of such a tiny, innocent soul hurts..
I hope you are healing well and take care! I took a long time to process the death of my cat but eventually I felt better and better again. Bless you <3

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry fpr your Ise, some drivers are heartless, some of them even drive TO cats to run over them on purpose.
I have lost two cats on the road, Kitty and Tom, I know exactly the feeling of your heart crushed under an unbearable pain!
Ise is fine again now, though she's far from your eyes but not from your heart.
Her life was short but she lived it fully.
RIP Ise, you're a star in the sky :(

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It continually amazes me just what human monsters are capable of. My heart cries for the injustice done to that sweet little girl, first by someone treating her like garbage, and then her life being cut short by a inattentive driver. I live by a busy street and see the people texting, the speeders, the ones with their phones to their ears and leaning over to get something off the floor. It makes me want to scream. EVERY time I am in a car I scan the road, the sides, and under cars coming up. I myself have narrowly missed running animals and can't even imagine the drivers who are distracted. We narrowly missed a TWO YEAR OLD CHILD last week, and I thank God it was us driving and not one of them or one of the old people I see that can barely move with a walker and get into a car to drive. Their reflexes would not have been fast enough to avoid a tragedy. I have so many little graves on my property it is heartbreaking, they don't even stop to remove them from the street.
The sights of that tragic day will haunt your memory forever. I, know, I have been there. You have to purposely replace them with something that is easier for your mind to accept. Don't dwell on those moments, it changes nothing and brings nothing but heartbreak. You can't change the past, and there is no way that sweet little girl would ever want you to have these memories of her as the source of such pain and to dominate your memories of what you shared. You have to force yourself to live one day at time to get through this, concentrate on the good memories, that she did share you life for a little while, and that you gave her everything she ever wanted, a wonderful home and family, and your love. She loves you too much to ever want to bring such pain into your life. Let the sunshine back in, as you would want for her if you were the first to go. This world is full of unexplainable tragedy, bad things happen to the good. You will now have to go forward and into the future without her, but the bond you have with her tiny soul will always be there, it is a part of you, a good part that can never be taken from you. Do good in her name, it will help you feel a little better about yourself and the world. Donate food and litter to your local shelter, pay for the adoption of the unadoptable and bring some love into their world by giving them a better chance. Do it all in Ise's name. By bringing a little joy into someone else's life, you bring back a little into your own.
I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers, I pray that you can find comfort in your memories of happier times, that Ise's love will fill your heart and bring peace to your troubled heart. Take care of yourself, you are left behind to keep her memory alive, she will always need you, she will forever love you because love is spiritual, so eternal.......RIP beautiful Ise, you will forever have a place in a loving heart, your sweet little face will never be forgotten. May the angels welcome you with open arms, may the good Lord bless and keep you, 'till the day you both meet again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sirmuffins

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all for your kind words. Unfortunately, like many of you, it's not the first time we go through this nightmare!! Though we live in a so called rural area our street is quite busy and cats are not aware of the danger they're exposed to.

We have a whole bunch of felines needing us and taking care of them takes our minds off the sad thoughts - at least for a little while... l know that in time the pain will become less but right now both my husband, even if we don't constantly talk about Ise, can't think of anything else...

Thank you.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, little Ise, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

What a horrible way to lose a kitten. My heart goes out to you. Although you cannot see it now in your pain and your anger at how needless this was, someday remember that the Rainbow Bridge we speak of has nothing to do with how our beloved cats left this world, and everything to do with where they go when their poor little bodies are no longer needed.

Sirmuffins

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know Mamanyt1953, thank you too for your good words.
I wish we had the money to erect the highest fence ever so they'd never be able to get to the street in the first place...

Sirmuffins

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you Raysmyheart!
Ise's buddy, Ziggy, is here with me while l write ... He was left at our door when he was maybe 3 weeks old and he's the first l ever bottle fed. With our wonderful vet's help l think l did quite a good job - he's beautiful and l love him to pieces. Emma is also keeping me company but she needs some space while Ziggy will climb all over my head ... looks like he's fallen asleep now... Good night then everyone:):)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thinking of you today, and the precious little lives you still have physically with you.