Little Lady Brought The Babies...

Issyhart

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
20180724_144953.jpg
Its been a month since Little Lady, the stray girl that I always feed, had her kittens. To my delight, she brought them over this morning. She let's me get close to them and pet them , although they are naturally scared to come to me. I was able to pick two of them up. They are ADORABLE to say the least. She comes inside to eat but then goes out again. I was thinking if I bring the kittens inside she'll follow them and stay. But I don't want to get her upset or scared in any way. I would love to keep her and one kitten and have the rest adopted out.

Last edited by a moderator:

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please bring them inside, they will be much safer. There are many dangers outside to the kittens. The mother will be stressed at first. It takes some time for cats to adjust if they have not been inside before. They are at the age where they will be easy to tame if you spend time with them. I hope you will get them fixed. There are too many homeless kitties. They are beautiful.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Issyhart

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would take them to the vet and have them til they're old enough to get adopted. Unfortunately I can't keep all of them.What about a litter box for the babies once they're inside?. I've never dealt with small kittens before..

Last edited:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello Issyhart Issyhart , thank you for taking care of this kitty family :clapcat: They are all so beautiful!

Now, since you mentioned that you are able to pet both momma cat and carry at least two of the kittens and they followed you into the house to eat, it is a good sign that they show this trust in you.

In order to get them in and stay in, continue to feed them indoors and let them stay indoors as long as possible and let them in as often as possible. Try to keep the doors closed and let them stay in while they eat and make them stay longer and longer each time. On top of that, use towels or blankets and soak up as much of their scents while they are eating or simply and gently rub the towels over them or let them lay on it and eat on them.

Use toys to play with them and make them feel at home.

Then create a safe room for them and leave the towels or blankets with their scents on them in and around the house and room. This was they feel at home as were are familiar scents which belongs to them.

The kittens have to stay with momma cat for at least 12 weeks before they can love her. Its good that the whole lot are getting into your house and interacting with you and that makes them easy to be adopted as they are already socializing with you. The faster you get them indoors the better. Get momma cat spayed ASAP.

As for the litter boxes, get at least 3 since there are five of them for the moment. Get as big as possible so that you don't have to change it's size when they are fully grown. Kittens can get used to the litter box pretty fast.

Here are some articles for you to read:-

how-old-do-kittens-have-to-be-to-leave-their-mother.33404
the-five-golden-rules-to-bringing-an-outdoor-cat-inside.33261
how-to-train-kittens-to-use-the-litter-box.33900
whats-the-largest-cat-litter-box-and-why-your-cat-needs-it.33904
bringing-home-a-new-cat-the-complete-guide.29657
why-you-should-spay-and-neuter-your-cats.22304

Keep us posted of the progress :)

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Issyhart

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your very valuable input. They are incredibly precious.. shes a very good mom quite protective of them as well.. I'll keep you posted..

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please do bring them in. Mom can get pregnant at any time now, so will also need to stay in 100% of the time until she is spayed.

Thank you for caring!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Non clumping litter for kittens - because kittens alike babies tends to taste on everything.

Make their boxes shallow so they have easyly to climb in.