Let’s Catch UP

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Margret Margret , you are going to have to post a picture of your project when it is done. It sounds very interesting and I would love to see it.
Of course; that was the plan.

In all honesty, I suspect that putting it off a few weeks will make it better — give ideas time to simmer a bit.

Margret

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Of course; that was the plan.

In all honesty, I suspect that putting it off a few weeks will make it better — give ideas time to simmer a bit.

Margret
I'm curious to see if they look like the same kind of thing my neighbor makes. She is from China and sent me some pictures of different things she has made and painted. It's interesting to see things like that from different cultures.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm curious to see if they look like the same kind of thing my neighbor makes. She is from China and sent me some pictures of different things she has made and painted. It's interesting to see things like that from different cultures.
There a lot of patterns available, but once I know a particular technique I just mix and match at will. Mostly I play around with different threads and colors. I've found that Woolly Nylon makes a fantastic base fabric, and you can introduce a lot of color and glitter with a judicious use of blending filaments. And I've never encountered another maker of temaris who uses those threads the way I do.

This particular temari is based on the picture in a thread ad on the back of one of my old temari books; I haven't seen it anywhere else, probably because it's very simple. It happened to catch my imagination, though.

A lot of the older artists who've been making them for decades do self-portrait temaris; I'm definitely not at that level!

Margret