Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
There's a lot of scaremongering in amongst the facts on The Truth About Pet Food. Take it with a pinch of salt
Remember that cats would naturally eat parts of the animal that we'd consider inedible. So long as you're feeding a balanced, high meat food and your girls are happy, you're doing just fine

Going from all kibble to 50/50 wet and dry is a great achievement
Don't underestimate that. Just be sure that they're getting plenty of fluids to compensate for the dryness of kibble - a little extra water mixed into the wet food is an easy way to boost hydration

Remember - the best food for your cat is the one he/she will happily eat. The best food in the world is useless from inside the tin
thank you=I also wonder how much of the wording is made to get us angry? another marketing gimick. But if we didnt have to work so many hours we could have time to protest in front of these businesses like occupy movement-but sadly I have to earn a living to feed my girls.

I remember trying all those fancy foods and they said nope! So its amazing that they even touch fancy feast. I tried that weuva or whatever its called and they picked at it. I still have to try tikicat but you have to buy a case and thats just too much of a risk...

thanks for the vote of confidence. My pumpkin face lived on live kill for a decade=she never ate kibble until I got Honeybee=some reason she stopped hunting and lurks around the house. We have done all the tests and stuff and only thing found is arthritis. So Its been hard to restrict her diet. I used to be able to walk her on a harness and leash but she is so skiddish she would get scared and bolt. She stays on our deck all day and night pretty much.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Tallyollyopia I've just noticed your signature
What happened to Slipper? I'm so, so sorry she's gone
Slipper got hit by a car along the highway. 
 She had been missing for a few days beforehand, and we found her when we went to a new restaurant (the restaurant itself wasn't new; it just moved to a new location). I'm sorry she's gone too. I'm trying not to think about her too much. 

thank you=I also wonder how much of the wording is made to get us angry? another marketing gimick. But if we didnt have to work so many hours we could have time to protest in front of these businesses like occupy movement-but sadly I have to earn a living to feed my girls.

I remember trying all those fancy foods and they said nope! So its amazing that they even touch fancy feast. I tried that weuva or whatever its called and they picked at it. I still have to try tikicat but you have to buy a case and thats just too much of a risk...

thanks for the vote of confidence. My pumpkin face lived on live kill for a decade=she never ate kibble until I got Honeybee=some reason she stopped hunting and lurks around the house. We have done all the tests and stuff and only thing found is arthritis. So Its been hard to restrict her diet. I used to be able to walk her on a harness and leash but she is so skiddish she would get scared and bolt. She stays on our deck all day and night pretty much.
If you think the marketing for pet food is full of scare tactics, you should read the war between butter and margarine! 

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Shadow is insanely fussy too. For years, he'd only eat Sheba or Gourmet shreds in gravy - and only certain flavours at that. We've FINALLY found a grain free food he likes - it's only the most expensive one on the market (at best £9-something a kilo :rolleyes: ), and he currently won't touch anything else! We were only able to go with trial and error with him because Asha will obligingly eat most things....including Shad's leftovers/rejects :high5: Before she came along, we'd pretty much given up on his diet!

With Tikicat - have you tried contacting the manufacturer? Many companies offer samples, either free or for a small fee. I used this a lot when trying to find foods my greyhound would eat - he's crazily fussy, and has a sensitive tummy to boot :rolleyes: Again, we're very lucky that the lab is a walking dustbin/hoover when it comes to food. That has to be my ultimate number one tip for food changes - get one animal who'll happily eat up any rejects from the others :evilgrin:

[@=/u/83739/Tallyollyopia]@Tallyollyopia[/@] I've just noticed your signature :( What happened to Slipper? I'm so, so sorry she's gone :rbheart:
Slipper got hit by a car along the highway. :bawling:  She had been missing for a few days beforehand, and we found her when we went to a new restaurant (the restaurant itself wasn't new; it just moved to a new location). I'm sorry she's gone too. I'm trying not to think about her too much. 

:bawling: Oh no! How dreadful. I'm so, so sorry hun :grphug: :grphug2: :alright: :grphug2: :grphug:

:rbheart: Rest in peace, Slipper, you sweet, sweet girl :rbheart:
:angel::purple Butterfly::heart3::Blue Butterfly::heart2::Monarch Butterfly::paw::rbheart::paw::Monarch Butterfly::heart2::Blue Butterfly::heart3::purple Butterfly::angel:

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

That's really cute. The first thing the cats were doing with the floor even when it wasn't ready was running and sliding across the floor, much like children in sock feet. They seemed to love it.

Our cats have been really helpful with painting as well now. They like to rub against the corners of the walls as they walk past (scent marking?) so we have to dive after them so they don't end up painted!
    Any zoomie races with cats pasting themself in to the walls yet?   When I changed from carpet to vinyl with my 2 tabby girls within a week they had managed to slide right across the room and splatter in to the wall several times before they got the hang of how to hang on to the slippery surface.  
     They also had a terrible habit of helping with painting and had a number of baths to clean up.  The new kitchen vinyl had lovely little green paw prints on it from snowleopard jumping up on a newly painted bit of woodwork then down on to the flooring that had only been down a week.  Paws carefully cleaned up but to clean the vinyl would have lifted off the surface so I just had to live with them - it looked really funny.    Mouse is almost as bad - he got quite a bit of quite matt wall paint down his sides when I was painting my sitting room a couple of years back and I had to wash it off quickly before he tried to lick away.

Cats are never in the wrong.
  So true!  
   And don't they let us know it.  

Thank you for the kind thoughts. Here's a couple of pictures of her (just a couple because I get weepy if I look at them too much).
Slipper is so sweet in your photographs @Tallyollyopia  , I hope you can look at her photographs and enjoy them really soon.  

I'm having a very lazy day off today after a busy weekend at work.  it has been sunny here for 3 days in a row and the temperature is over 15C - makes a nice change.  Mouse is currently sitting up at the window and giving himself a good bath.  
   I love to just sit and quietly watch him.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Shadow loves bouncing off the wall during Zoomie time. I swear he's sometimes a good metre or more off the ground :lol3: Asha's latest favourite game is playing slidies on the puppy pads we put down at night (in case Pixie gets caught short....his bladder control isn't always the best these days :slant: ). They always end up in a big,scrunchy heap/ball thing in the middle of the floor! :rolleyes: Kind of defeats the object, but at least it's making a little cat very happy :D

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm getting ready for a cookout with most of my children and grandchildren. We're having chicken, corn on the cob, bacon broccoli and grape salad, watermelon and lots more goodies. Going crazy getting ready for everyone, so I thought I'd take a minute to veg out before they get here. I was going.to have a glass of wine, but figured this was best. I dont.want to be tipsy when they arrive!!!

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
What dear dogs!  This makes me miss my old Barkie (yes, stupid name) so much.  She was half boxer and half standard poodle but looked like a black lab.  And was smart as a whip.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise

Any zoomie races with cats pasting themself in to the walls yet?   When I changed from carpet to vinyl with my 2 tabby girls within a week they had managed to slide right across the room and splatter in to the wall several times before they got the hang of how to hang on to the slippery surface.  
     They also had a terrible habit of helping with painting and had a number of baths to clean up.  The new kitchen vinyl had lovely little green paw prints on it from snowleopard jumping up on a newly painted bit of woodwork then down on to the flooring that had only been down a week.  Paws carefully cleaned up but to clean the vinyl would have lifted off the surface so I just had to live with them - it looked really funny.    Mouse is almost as bad - he got quite a bit of quite matt wall paint down his sides when I was painting my sitting room a couple of years back and I had to wash it off quickly before he tried to lick away.

So true!  
   And don't they let us know it.  

Slipper is so sweet in your photographs @Tallyollyopia  , I hope you can look at her photographs and enjoy them really soon.  

I'm having a very lazy day off today after a busy weekend at work.  it has been sunny here for 3 days in a row and the temperature is over 15C - makes a nice change.  Mouse is currently sitting up at the window and giving himself a good bath.  
   I love to just sit and quietly watch him.
Those footprints will be beyond dear someday.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aww, thank you :hugs: Pix doesn't look 14, does he? He adores curling up in the straw at the stables - its his favourite thing to do when he goes there. Leah guards him faithfully.....except for when she's playing with her friends :jump:

Barkie sounds adorable :heart3: Do you have any pics of her?

Last edited:

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, thank you
Pix doesn't look 14, does he? He adores curling up in the straw at the stables - its his favourite thing to do when he goes there. Leah guards him faithfully.....except for when she's playing with her friends

Barkie sounds adorable
Do you have any pics of her?
Reminds me of Goku and Merlin. (Goku was half-border collie and half we don't know--probably chow--and Merlin was part basenji and probably mostly lab). Anyway, if Merlin was feeling ill or upset or even just tired, Goku was always there acting as his best friend/brother/guardian. If something was wrong with Goku--Merlin was over the moon because he was the only dog with the humans. 

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Aww, thank you
Pix doesn't look 14, does he? He adores curling up in the straw at the stables - its his favourite thing to do when he goes there. Leah guards him faithfully.....except for when she's playing with her friends

Barkie sounds adorable
Do you have any pics of her?
No digital pictures but I have tons of prints from 35 mm camera days.  (This was a long time ago)  One of these days, I'm going to digitize them all.  She really was a great dog and my devoted buddy for years.  She had this tremendous howl that would rise and fall like the Hound of the Baskervilles and I'm convinced kept us from being burgled more than once.  Of course, had anyone actually broken in, she would have greeted them like they were her long lost best friend.  

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:clap: :crackup: Pixie had a good line in howls when he was younger - he used to 'sing' along to sirens when police cars etc came within earshot. Leah copied him one day, and looked SO surprised at the sound that came out of her mouth :lol3: They're both pretty defensive/territorial about the house though - I pity any burglar that dares to venture in here. Pixie isn't proactive (just stays put and growls), but Leah will charge at people, growling and barking like crazy. She's way better than any doorbell though :lol:

catladyvettech

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm having the best three day weekend ever. I've accomplished exactly nothing and have only left the house to go to the library and the grocery store. I've just been reading on the patio or lounging on the couch with my kitties watching tv. Being this lazy is truly my idea of heaven and the cats are enjoying all the cuddle time too.

Here's a pic of Sniffles and Heinrich vegging out on my bed. :)

View media item 351366

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
i love lazy days. got some yardwork done but too hot. soaked my shirt so time for another shower. now im waiting for sun to go down so i can finish potting the flowers on the front porch and in the big planters. the cats are snoozing in the shade on the back porch. my porch kitties.

Marg-do you have a digital camera or smart phone? I took pictures with my smart phone of older photos. Its funny how much time has passed.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Watching the Russell T Davis (the man behind the modern Dr Who series) adaptation - I've never seen anything so bizarre in my life (and I've seen a lot of Shakespere :bigwink: ). He's definitely taken...liberties, shall we say.....and it's highly entertaining, if not the most authentic production I've seen. Currently both amused and bemused :D

Last edited:

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Sniffles and Heinrich are adorable.    And it does sound like you're having a terrific weekend.   

i love lazy days. got some yardwork done but too hot. soaked my shirt so time for another shower. now im waiting for sun to go down so i can finish potting the flowers on the front porch and in the big planters. the cats are snoozing in the shade on the back porch. my porch kitties.

Marg-do you have a digital camera or smart phone? I took pictures with my smart phone of older photos. Its funny how much time has passed.
I have a smart phone and have taken pictures of my old photos before but they never turn out very well.  I actually ordered a printer with a scanner so I could scan everything into my computer but I can't figure out how to use it.  

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

No digital pictures but I have tons of prints from 35 mm camera days.  (This was a long time ago)  One of these days, I'm going to digitize them all.  She really was a great dog and my devoted buddy for years.  She had this tremendous howl that would rise and fall like the Hound of the Baskervilles and I'm convinced kept us from being burgled more than once.  Of course, had anyone actually broken in, she would have greeted them like they were her long lost best friend.  
I have the same problem with pics of Merlin and Goku. (Merlin got bitten by a poisonous snake and it killed him, and Goku died of old age.) And Grandmother's dog, Sissy (whose passing is a long and convoluted story that I won't go into here.)

Status
Not open for further replies.