Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background

@Tallyollyopia, Happy Birthday! 

And here's the bowing emoticon:
.  It's labeled "worship," and it's just to the left of "itslove":
, which is two pages down and on the right margin.  It's not perfect -- the kneeling is a bit much -- but it is a bow, of sorts.

I didn't mean that I thought you were quiet, I meant that people can get all sorts of strange ideas about you, based on any number of factors.  Also around 25 years ago, one day at church a woman asked me what I do.  I said, quite truthfully, "As little as possible."  She thought I was lying, that I was being modest or something.  Around 40 years ago, my husband's best friend, Joe Henry, lived just down the street from us and kept all our vehicles in working order when we couldn't afford to take them to a garage to have work done on them.  He was a shade tree mechanic, and while he was working on a car he accompanied it with a steady stream of swearing, except when I was around.  The swear words were still there, but he kept his lips firmly closed while he said them, so as not to offend my "delicate sensibilities."  That one was simply based on the fact that I'm female, and Joe was raised to treat women (at least, "respectable" women) as if they were the "delicate flowers" that your customer seems to think you are.  He also believed that it was more polite to call a woman a "girl" than a "woman," because it implies that she looks young.  When I told him that many of us object to that, he didn't believe me, until one day an older woman took extreme offense at his attempt to be polite.

@Raina21, your Kiwi looks a lot like my Jasmine, except thinner.  And all of your kitties are lovely, of course.

@NewYork1303, I'm so glad to hear that Ruby is starting to fit in with Angua and Carrot.
I knew she would, with a bit of time.

Margret
Thank you for the birthday wishes, and thank you for telling me where to find the bowing emoticon. 

I think part of the problem is that I've been raised to act like a lady. Here's what I mean; politeness has been drilled into me since the cradle along with posture and certain mannerisms when in public that automatically kick in when I'm around non-family members. (I still remember the look on a family friend's face when I swore a blue streak into the air after a toolbox fell on my foot.) It got me into trouble during a couple of job interviews where one of my interviewers looked me right in the eye and said, "We're looking for hard workers and you don't come across as a hard worker." (Ironically, he manages a different location of the same store I work at now--where I'm getting praised for my excessive work ethic and told to slow down and breathe. 
)

Okay, I'm worried about the cats. It's been really, really  hot here lately (we've broken triple digits for the last two and a half weeks despite the storms cooling things down), and I'm not sure they're getting enough water. There's no  standing water outside (it's been evaporating too fast; we tried to keep the birdbath filled for them) and they insist on going outside. (When they come in they flop down on an air conditioning vent.) The air conditioner, however, can only keep the house twenty degrees cooler than it is outside--which still puts it in the nineties in here. How can I make sure the cats are getting enough fluids?
Happy Birthday!

you can add more water by giving wet food and adding water to the wet food. I have 2 cats who insist on being outside in the heat as well but they stay in the shade. I got several bowls out there-ceramic-that I keep filled to the brim.  you can use a wet cloth and run it down their bellies to cool them down. some cats don't like it-others will roll over and show the tummy and like the water on them. Honeybee loves it when I soak her down. she then goes and shakes herself all over.

Yesterday we went to a family members house and they had kittens..I took tons of photos and they are so sweet.They destroyed the office so I spent some time sweeping and cleaning up the messes. they are finally getting into the catbox when they need to go. I took 1 at a time into the livingroom and they all purred but tried to run off-we didn't let them. the dog kept licking them and they purred. I should have gotten a photo of this!

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy birthday tallyollyopia tallyollyopia ! And I second foxxycat on the water recommendation. Water fountains are helpful too from what I hear in getting cats to drink more, but I've amazingly never had that problem with my cats.

Busy busy weekend! Did my first two days of sitting for my client. She is an absolute doll to sit for, and I'm afraid I'll be spoiled now since I'll be expecting everyone else to be like her, lol. I feel bad that she only gets me for a total of an hour a day, since she definitely seems to be craving human affection.

I dumped all the old litter out of the litter boxes, but didn't have time to clean them this weekend, too much going on. So I put them to the side and put in one of the new ones I carved out of an 18-gallon bin. I also put the lid on it since they always had one on the back porch. Well... one of them decided it would be a good idea to pee on the lid apparently. It wasn't Maple's, because her pee absolutely reeks, and this was not like that. I may just take the lid off, not sure just yet. At least they finally realized that it was meant as a litter box. Pea-Pea and Oscar went in and out of it yesterday but never used it. I could tell they were walking around in it though.

Oh, and in the litter box in my room, someone left me this yesterday. Awwww how sweet.

View media item 367054

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very rainy day today and so dark. Its been a long time since I woke up in the dark. Made me think that my alarm was wrong. 

bootse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
NewYork1303 NewYork1303 no rain in sight here today which makes me very happy because the Arthritis isn't so bad and I can dump BOOTSE litter box and give it a good cleaning ya know

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tomorrow I leave for my trip to Chicago.  Only slightly dreading it.  I still have a lot to do before I go.  Clean out 2 litter boxes, wash the fountain and do my laundry, go to the bank.and pack.  I will see my friend on her birthday.  I found the perfect card, put it someplace safe and now have no idea where it is. 
  I do this all the time.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
well its been a week or so since I started pilling pumps twice a day with her dasquin and nightly gaba meds-so far she still doesn't walk a lot but she was comfortable last night-she was walking around a bit and scratched on the scratching post. hoping the dasquin starts kicking in soon.

I have never had a cat this easy to treat. Had I known she was this easy I would have started this 2 years ago when she first had issues with her joints. We tried that laser therapy and honestly I didn't see any improvement except the first day. this cat is not a typical cat. you can do anything to her and she doesn't hiss growl or bite!

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the birthday wishes! The heart is cute! 

Very rainy day today and so dark. Its been a long time since I woke up in the dark. Made me think that my alarm was wrong. 
It happens. Hope your day is good anyway.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
WHERE IS EVERYBODY???  Only a few unread posts on here, and only 5 subscribed threads with messages...AM I ALONE IN THE UNIVERSE?  There are no cars on the street...Did the rapture happen when I wasn't looking?  Hekitty, at least, is still here....ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure where everyone is. Maybe sleeping? Maybe working? Maybe playing with kitties? Maybe fighting with hacker devastation? Who knows?

Last edited:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Watching the Olympics? During the day they are on like four channels. Have to say that the fascination with beach volleyball eludes me. Maybe you have to be a guy to appreciate those girls running around in bikinis.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I really cannot get into the Olympics. Many years ago, I was addicted to them; now, I cannot just cannot even force myself into watching.

I think the multiple, on end commercials, and all the repeated background stories, just turned me off of them. If I do want to watch, I do not care for incessant talking. I want to enjoy the competition as it is happening. A little bit of explanation is good, not the constant banter and repeating of things. 

All the commercials really make me lose interest. As soon as I get interested in someone or something, a long, commercial comes on. 

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
I was working at my day-job, and then I was at my cat-sitting job. Here now!

I think I got my fill of the Olympics after seeing that French gymnast break his leg. Yikes.

I'm happy to say that Maple is doing pretty well with taking Prozac every other day. I'm just happy we finally figured out a way to get her to take her pill. It's not a fast thing, and takes quite a bit of patience on my part, and shooing away the other critters... but yeah, it works.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, and in the litter box in my room, someone left me this yesterday. Awwww how sweet.

It's called a "master-pee"
On another cat forum one cat made a game out of who could make the most master-pees. Leroy made one that looked like a VW Beetle car and one that looked like the boot shaped chicken McNugget
Later the game was to see who could make pee shapes in the shape of every US state, The United States of Pee

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
It's called a "master-pee" :lol3: On another cat forum one cat made a game out of who could make the most master-pees. Leroy made one that looked like a VW Beetle car and one that looked like the boot shaped chicken McNugget :lol3: Later the game was to see who could make pee shapes in the shape of every US state, The United States of Pee :lol:
Oh, I love that, lol. There was actually another heart in there today, but it was up against the side and a little squished. The United States of Pee though... :lol3:

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

WHERE IS EVERYBODY???  Only a few unread posts on here, and only 5 subscribed threads with messages...AM I ALONE IN THE UNIVERSE?  There are no cars on the street...Did the rapture happen when I wasn't looking?  Hekitty, at least, is still here....ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....
I was wondering this myself. It seems odd that everyone seems to have been busy the last few weeks.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I was wondering this myself. It seems odd that everyone seems to have been busy the last few weeks.
I don't know about everyone else, but my last few weeks have been insane. We've lost three people at work, are in the process of training more, and it's been busier than normal lately--no idea why. (I lie; I think it's because we're on the way to the farms and stuff is being harvested. And they're building something that looks like a cross between a Starbucks and a Tardus next to our closest competitor. And--well, I think it's a combination of all these factors, but I thought that after the incident  things would at least slow down for a while. No such luck.) I've heard tales of erratic work hours, insane weather, etc. Or maybe it's the Olympics. Who knows? 

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
I've been focusing a LOT on my new business. Time, effort, and $$$. So that's been a big part of why I haven't been here. Learning the fine art of Facebook ads. It's a big maddening, lol. And of course actually cat sitting this week. If I had any doubts that I could see myself doing this full-time, they have been completely abolished.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Ok, I'm here, have been looking at all kinds of stuff besides the site, particularly on how to make home made wine from all the grapes I have. I gave away probably twenty pounds because I didn't know what to do with the, I still have jam and jelly from last year so I was NOT going to make more of that. Then I picked another 20 lbs or so and gave some of that away and started looking on the net on how to make wine. Found one really simple recipe that you can also make with store bought juice, any kind of juice. Recipe is like this: Big glass jar, at least 2 gallon, 6 lbs grapes, 3 cups sugar, I gallon spring water. Put all in the big jar, stir well, cover with paper and let sit. Next day the fruit should start to float and tinny bubbles start. Stir well several times a day every day. After 3 days there should be lots of bubbles, keep stirring. After 5 days the bubbles should slow down, keep stirring. On day 7 strain the grapes and put the juice into narrow-necked bottles or jugs Put a balloon on the opening and poke it with a needle. Then let it sit for several months. The longer it sits the more of the sugar of the fruit will turn into alcohol. When it suits you it's ready to be decanted into bottles, can use old wine bottles as long as they are really clean, rinsed with bleach water and then air dry.

There are still more grapes on the vine. I will have to go to the thrift store and see if I can find some more jugs.   

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been running around and packing.  I have done most of the stuff on my list.  Still need to clean out and replace litter in the box and put away my clean clothes.

@segelkatt   What will you call your wine?  Laguna Woods Loco?

Status
Not open for further replies.