Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Artiemom  I am so happy for you and Sunshine! This is great news! Poor kitty, I couldn't keep her out of my mind. Such a loving, gentle girl to be abandoned in such circumstances. If I were in Boston, I would take her myself. Your humane society is wonderful, and I am so glad you alerted the president to this situation. Love on Sunshine for me. 

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thia has just gone on my list of "Stuff to Buy for Hekitty."  I't is going near the top of the list. 

Which brings me back to the dratted  Punk, who is fast becoming my bestest bud.  I finally figured out how to right-click.   Remember, I've never used a lap-top  before...there is that learning curve.  I've also discovered that I no longer need FireFox or Chrome with the Win 10 system.  NOW I have to look up how to get my FireFox bookmarks from CR to Punk.  I do NOT want to lose those bookmarks.  Also have to find out about Office.  I know there is a new Office platform for Win 10, but I'm not sure if it was included in the free upgrade that came with Punk.  We shall see.

@foxxy

Am I wrong for feeling sorry for any insurance company that tries to give @Kittens Mom the bum rush? 
   They will not know what hit them.  
  (I love the image of Mercy having a Flying Wallenda moment!)
I don't feel the least sorry for them, but I do see your point.  @Kittens Mom  is no one to trifle with over cat care!  I'd sooner aim bazookas at nuclear warheads just for target practice.  It is far, far safer! 

My continuing saga of poor Sunshine (from yesterday)

I received an message from the President of the Humane Society. She thanked me for the info, telling me to never be fearful of contacting her or any of the other board members about the welfare of any cat!!!

She spent time contacting all the other board members about this. 

Poor Baby was supposed to be on the Lasix (fluid pill), but somehow it was deleted from her file!! I am glad I pointed that out.

She also went back and forth with the board members about Sunshine's care. The consensus is that perhaps someone would take her in for her last days. We do not have any foster moms or dads available at this point. They will put her up in the adoption area for a very short period of time, (at least a much larger cubby and people can come in an love her, more readily). After a short period of time the president will take her home, and give her ample space, away from other cats. They will continue with her medical care, but no drastic measures taken. She will live the rest of her days out in peace, and love from the President. They will not allow her to suffer. 

I feel better that I did this. I also mentioned that if things took a dramatic turn, soon, that I would like to be with her when she goes to the bridge..I do not know why, but this cat really bore herself into my heart...as I stated in my reply, perhaps it is because my dad when through the same thing before he passed...hospice care....

Tears were actually running down my eyes when I was reply...still are...

Thank you all for allowing me to vent .. 

************************************************************************************************

On to other things!!!

This morning the city decided to do a water main cleaning in my area, without notice!!! ugh.. went to take a shower and no water!! ugh!! Instead, I walked around BJ's a huge discount warehouse store. I then went grocery shopping.

Good thing I brushed my teeth before it went out. I was going to the gym to try the elliptical again, but not being able to take a shower when I returned, was not a good thing. 

I am also glad I have tons of spring water in the house; and baby wipes (Artie), Charmin wipes, and the anti bacterial lotion. I still feel a bit grimey. I never realized how not being able to wash my hands make me feel unclean...yuck!

After I put the groceries away, I tested the water....Happy Dance!! it was back on!!

I am just hanging out for a bit, my knee is still not normal, so it is up and I am on line...

I will jump in the shower soon...
Darlin, this is  wonderful news for you and for us.  You know how we all are about the kittehs! 

Oddly, now the @ function is working.  If only I can figure out how to load pics from my dropbox onto windows...I probably need to load the pics onto the actual computer, and work from there.  We shall see!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
love the bum rash analogy!!

very warm and sunny out. easy commute home. eating BLT because I forgot to bring my lunch and ate nuts all day. Ready for some real food. 

Honeybee and Floey got a wet cold wash clothe on their tummies=they purred! 

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Which brings me back to the dratted  Punk, who is fast becoming my bestest bud.  I finally figured out how to right-click.   Remember, I've never used a lap-top  before...there is that learning curve.  I've also discovered that I no longer need FireFox or Chrome with the Win 10 system.  NOW I have to look up how to get my FireFox bookmarks from CR to Punk.   I do NOT want to lose those bookmarks.  Also have to find out about Office.  I know there is a new Office platform for Win 10, but I'm not sure if it was included in the free upgrade that came with Punk.  We shall see.
one way would be to get on your old computer, pop on over to the bookmarked webpages, copy each URL, then insert them as links in an email. if you have two email accounts this will work for you, just send an email with a bunch of or all the links from one email account to the other. once you've done that, you can just get on Punk and into that email account, open the email with the links, then click on each link and bookmark it in Punk's web browser.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
Round 2 with Embrace. I'll get the vets to clarify the reason for the visit. We'll see how it goes. It's obvious the not regular vet didn't make or send the correct information. Now let me be blunt. Once armed with that information Embrace is more than capable of contacting the VCA for clarification. It also sounds like Embrace needs to make sure veterinarians understand how pet insurance works.

The smoke from the Dog Head fire is starting to block out the sun.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Just got word that Sunshine will be placed in a larger cubby in the adoption area, tomorrow! Her meds will re-start tonight!!  

Another volunteer/ board member contacted me thanking me for doing this....and the 10 year old will be going to his forever home tonight!!!  and the IBD guy (sweetie) another 13 yr old, is getting adopted tonight!!!   There is hope!!!!!

I originally interviewed and showed the 10 yr old to their adopter.. makes me feel so good...

ok...enough of this....

thanks again for you patience and understanding..((hugs)) to all of you...

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think thats wonderful! Dont stop telling the stories! We love it! So happy for you!

Trying to get in the mood to step outside but I think I am going to lay down and drift to sleep...you know that feeling after a bad few days where you barely can keep your eyes opened? Jon says how come you didnt go to the gym?? I just rolled my eyes...So tired...gonna rest..nice and cool tonight. Too bad it won't last.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

Just got word that Sunshine will be placed in a larger cubby in the adoption area, tomorrow! Her meds will re-start tonight!!  

Another volunteer/ board member contacted me thanking me for doing this....and the 10 year old will be going to his forever home tonight!!!  and the IBD guy (sweetie) another 13 yr old, is getting adopted tonight!!!   There is hope!!!!!

I originally interviewed and showed the 10 yr old to their adopter.. makes me feel so good...

ok...enough of this....

thanks again for you patience and understanding..((hugs)) to all of you...
Please share. I think I speak for everyone. We're behind you for standing up and for working to help find these cats homes.

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What is your favorite time of day? Mine is the evening, between 7 and 9. The way the sun shines on the tops of the trees as it's setting makes everything look so lush and green.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
me too. i like to take pictures of my plants. Scutttling around trying to find an important document and I can't find it. At least I can order another one from the department of motor vehicles. I wanted to change insurance but wasnt sure if I needed the title to prove I own it. Geico is a rip off. my rate went up $300 this year, and I have not been in any accidents. 

Tally-I am sorry your family member lost her job over a complaint-I would heed the advice of a lawyer. thats just -I dont have words polite enough-I am sorry you had to deal with this. so someone makes a generic complaint and the job gets taken away?! Sorry thats really not fair.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence

me too. i like to take pictures of my plants. Scutttling around trying to find an important document and I can't find it. At least I can order another one from the department of motor vehicles. I wanted to change insurance but wasnt sure if I needed the title to prove I own it. Geico is a rip off. my rate went up $300 this year, and I have not been in any accidents. 

Tally-I am sorry your family member lost her job over a complaint-I would heed the advice of a lawyer. thats just -I dont have words polite enough-I am sorry you had to deal with this. so someone makes a generic complaint and the job gets taken away?! Sorry thats really not fair.
She needs to apply for unemployment benefits, you never know if you qualify or not, don't ASSUME you won't as assumptions are usually wrong. I know, as I used to work for that department for many years.

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good night everyone. I hope you all sleep like cats this evening. Since we are usually up by 5 am, I have to get my butt in bed.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Found out today that the lab is having a sort of summer outing tomorrow. Nice of the lab head to let us know at the last minute
The outing / party is going to be held at the company's recently retired president's house
The former company president is sitll involved with the lab as a sort of consultant. As far as I know, only this one lab has been invited. Unfortunately I and a co-worker and our supervisor will not be able to attend because of the work we do
Had we been given advanced notice we might have been able to attend but we just found out today around lunch time (after hearing rumors all morning) and it's just too late. Plus we had a pretty major issue today and tomorow doesn't look any better.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sorry  LTS3. We have similar issues with lack of communication where i work too. often everything is rumor and you ask a question and they ask you a question to redirect. very frustrating. 

good night folks-got to get to sleep myself. want to get up at 4:30 and work on my lawn before work., that's my favorite time of the morning..sun rising, watering the garden,. watching honeybee chase bugs. just quiet. no dogs. no kids. no motorcycles revving by. no BS.,

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We just had a meeting with HR to discuss communication issues within the lab
Apparently there were issues long before I had joined. The lab head agreed with what everyone said and made a big show of telling HR that he'll work on the issues. But he's really not doing anything to improve communication
The lab people can easily reschedule their projects but the majority of the work I do can't be. Sometimes I don't think the lab head even knows or cares what the team I'm on even does. The science is important but none of the people can do their work if they don't have the resources they need which is what my team provides.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

She needs to apply for unemployment benefits, you never know if you qualify or not, don't ASSUME you won't as assumptions are usually wrong. I know, as I used to work for that department for many years.
Okay, thank you. AWM says she will. She really appreciates your advice.

And, goodnight everybody. I probably won't be posting again until tomorrow afternoon (I go back into work tonight and I am going to be exhausted  when I come home in the wee hours), so--until later!

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got everything figured out with my marriage license... so hopefully everything is figured out for Tuesday. We'll see. Everything that can go wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.