Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
E7840863-04A9-49E6-8998-B2C2E236375C.jpeg
Bingo!

We figured out how to get her to clean a rabbit plate as if it were duck. One pump of salmon oil mixed into the can. Now we wait to see if this is going to upset her tummy or cause bonkers butt.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a difference a day makes! She’s been singing the feed me song (she can sing it all night long) for the last half hour or so. I think the salmon oil in the rabbit is a big hit.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course this will probably only last 15 minutes before...
:dancingblackcat:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And just like that, we finished a rabbit can in 12 (!) hours.

She's feeling so good that it's hard to push her out to 4 hour schedule. I have been giving in around the 3 to 3.5 hour mark. Her portions are also slightly smaller than they were before the duck barfs. We have a little room to grow her portions, and hopefully, the time between them.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's moving better, she's more relaxed, and she's even perky. She doesn't look distressed after meals. Please don't wreck her poops! We need this!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was only the first poop since the addition of the salmon oil. There was a softer but well-formed poop. Then minutes later a squiggly, softer, poop rope like skinny soft-serve. It was definitely a butt-scooter afterwards. Poor Krista! Poor carpet. I've seen worse and it's not so terrible that we have to give up on this. I think this will get better. I think it's already better than the duck bonus poops.

I will call these early returns too close to call, and demand a recount. :D

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shoot! Despite my best efforts to discourage her, she still left me a small poop pretzel on the carpet. Thankfully, it wasn't so soft that it didn't come up quickly enough. But it is reminding me that I'm still out of baking soda.
:doh:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a barf day and a couple of days of disordered eating last week. It shouldn't surprise me that her weigh-in says we're down to 7.8. But I really thought she was eating so much duck before all that happened to be able to weather out a rough day or two. That's why I try so hard to get weight back on her. She lost almost a pound and a half to the whole ordeal that started this thread. But she wouldn't have been able to survive that if I hadn't put almost 2.5 lbs back on her after pancreatitis. I'd feel more comfortable if I could put another 1 lbs or 1.5 lbs on her. Hopefully the B-12 shot I gave her on Friday and the switch to rabbit plus salmon oil, maybe we can see a gain again next week.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think she's asking for larger portions. Her current portions are only lasting her about two hours before she starts pacing and giving me the look.

"Are you bored or hungry?"
:whiskers:

I gave her an extra half portion, a "distract-a-snack", so that I could fix my own food. Now she's finally doing her morning sleeping business--very important business if I'm to get any work done--instead of parking at the filling station (that space on my desk between me and the keyboard where she demands her required amount of scritches until she's full up and moves along.)
:petcat:

I'd like to finish out the week out without a barf. Then we can slowly work the portion increases now that we've found the secret sauce to get her to finish those portions.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bonkers Butt has returned!

She had a voluminous but perfect Rawz poop. “The next best thing to raw!”.

Then she goes to the other box and has a pee. I’m thinking, “Great! Both ends. We’re done, right?”

Except she’s sniffing the carpet and scratching at it like she’s preparing the perfect spot to leave me a pretzel.

“Both boxes are clean now. You can put whatever you’re planning in a box where it belongs.”

Softer poo but not alarming.

“Well, I guess one of us was full of it.”

*sniff* *scratch* *scratch*

“C’mon, girl! You still have another box to soil and if you give me a minute, you can come back to this one.”

I have to clean the box while turning my back on a cat preparing to drop a spent fuel rod.

Made it!

She’s eyeing both boxes with suspicion.

“I don’t blame you. If you’re going back for a third poop, this can’t be good!”

“Let me see if I have enough litter to prepare a third temporary box for you. Nope. Oh good. You decided to chance one of the other two.”

It was kind of anti-climatic. Much less a pretzel than a Hershey Kiss. I thought for sure that would be a butt scooter but I think she’s relieved to be done. For now. I think we may have a reprise of Bonkers Butt on one of the next feeds.

For now, I’m grateful that none of it was alarming (other than the volume) and the carpets live another day.

I think yesterday was the first day she had more than a full can which means more salmon oil than the day before. And also just more poop than the day before. So much poop! Her pants would be fitting a little looser if she wore pants. :p

Now I’m off to get my own dinner and a beer before the next bonkers shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.