Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Solid poop. Soft but still solid.

I managed to herd her to poop jail before she could put round two on the carpet. Pudding squirt in one box and futile squeezing in the other. That theoretically marks the end of this poop shift. No poop pukes or chemical warfare on the carpet.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Forceful box pudding.

Attempted carpet bombing.

Nearly a poop puke.

Tense. But it could have been worse.

I expect this was the surprise tuna meal reaction.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a something of everything poop tonight at about 6:30. I watched it on camera. It started liquid, then firmed up for a couple solid segments, and finished in a forceful squirt. Nothing bonus. Nothing unsettled afterwards. She buried it. Licked her bum. Drank some water from her mason jar (the lil hipster), finished her first dinner, crumbs and all, and then came and yelled at me for more.

“Alright little one. If it will keep you from eating the crumbs in the carpet...”

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a something of everything poop tonight at about 6:30. I watched it on camera. It started liquid, then firmed up for a couple solid segments, and finished in a forceful squirt. Nothing bonus. Nothing unsettled afterwards. She buried it. Licked her bum. Drank some water from her mason jar (the lil hipster), finished her first dinner, crumbs and all, and then came and yelled at me for more.

“Alright little one. If it will keep you from eating the crumbs in the carpet...”
*AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*:hearthrob::kneading::hearthrob:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And here, I’ve taken a solid poop cast of the inside of my cat:

It came out all in one piece! 😳

I don’t think there’s enough cat left for anything bonus.

She might be done for the week. 😹

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And here, I’ve taken a solid poop cast of the inside of my cat:

It came out all in one piece! 😳

I don’t think there’s enough cat left for anything bonus.

She might be done for the week. 😹
Like they used to say at full-service gas stations (yeah, they were a thing) -- "fill 'er up!" :hearthrob: :kneading: :hearthrob:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had good solid poop.

Then we had box pudding.

Then we had carpet milkshake.

And finally two puddles worth of first dinner poop pukes. Almost certainly including tonight's pred. I won't be double dosing her tonight. Tomorrow we should be getting the transdermal pen.

Tonight was Krista reminding me that healing won't be in a straight line and that chemo will take longer than two doses to "cure" her. (We'll settle for a remission and some weight gain.)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had good solid poop.

Then we had box pudding.

Then we had carpet milkshake.

And finally two puddles worth of first dinner poop pukes. Almost certainly including tonight's pred. I won't be double dosing her tonight. Tomorrow we should be getting the transdermal pen.

Tonight was Krista reminding me that healing won't be in a straight line and that chemo will take longer than two doses to "cure" her. (We'll settle for a remission and some weight gain.)
Big THUMBS UP on that last sentence!!! *Krista knows best.*

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For how much she enjoys it, I sure wish I could give her a bigger chemo medicine meal. Since the dose is so small (so concentrated), I drip it out onto a bite or two of Tiki Cat Ahi Tuna. Once I'm sure she's eaten her dose, I give her another spoonful of the food. That's it. She probably gets less than 1/4 of an ounce. But until her gut and butt are turning out fewer blowouts, securing the medicine ingestion is more important than indulging her guilty fish pleasures.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For going almost 24 hours since last night’s double-ended blowout, I wasn’t expecting such a fantastic poop just now. I’m still waiting for the bonus. I figure it has to be coming. A little rabbit sashimi yesterday as I prepared legs for her food (likely tomorrow) and a medicine meal with another surprise tuna portion. Both are changes from her routine. Both should be causing something besides the best poop she’s had in months.

But. She’s curling up for her post-dinner nap. So if there’s trouble brewing, I expect it later now.

We did switch to transdermal pred tonight. So that’s also a wildcard that could upset the system tonight. 😿

She’s still a little restless right now. That post-dinner nap seems elusive. 😳🤞

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a bonus. She put it in a box. 👍

Soft and pale but still mostly formed. I would have killed for poops like this last month.

Now she’s settling in under the bookcase. To be fair, she had surprise tuna this morning, she had a chemo dose this morning, she had a new pred dose tonight (same dose but different administration). She’s keeping it together far better than I was expecting.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a bonus. She put it in a box. 👍

Soft and pale but still mostly formed. I would have killed for poops like this last month.

Now she’s settling in under the bookcase. To be fair, she had surprise tuna this morning, she had a chemo dose this morning, she had a new pred dose tonight (same dose but different administration). She’s keeping it together far better than I was expecting.
Excellent! SO hoping and praying for stability for you both. What a little beauty she is!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Krista is only nibbling this morning. I have my doubts about the transdermal gel and/or the new "chewier" cans of Rawz--the San Francisco batch now that I've run out of the Maryland cans. I may have to go back to SF for more cans as they seem to be the only ones who still have the stuff. I think this is the week that the new Rawz facility is shipping to distributors. I'm hoping I'll be able to buy locally or order online from next week. As for the gel, I suppose I could gel her once more to see if it was just learning curve last night. We can always go back to pills if I don't think the gel is as effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.