Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night we had a return of the soupy poops (and a poopfoot.) This morning we would have to rely more on fish flakes and go easy on the liver treat bribes. I believe she ate the dose but she predictably got very fussy about the turkey. What was left after several rounds of bribes was easily folded into a duck portion. So we're friends with duck again.

Only two more days of this crazy.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I busted out the bag and was getting ready to try it on her. Then I drew the syringe and saw that 1mL again. "What's my contingency plan if she does gag on the first 1/4 mL and I can't get the rest in her?" I'll save the bag for a smaller dose or something re-doable, e.g. a pill or maybe a nail trim.

Tuna pumpkin is still the easiest way to get her to take the medicine. Fiber be damned! There are obvious chunks of pumpkin in the Tiki tuna with pumpkin. I avoided those. But I also needed maybe only a tablespoon of the stuff to get her to finish the medicine portion instead of folding in spoonful after spoonful of new food until I'm asking her to finish a full portion just to disguise 1 mL of medicine.

Another day, another poopfoot. One more day of the medicine nonsense, and two more poopfoots. (Poopfeet?)

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Naked neck! Scandalous! I modified one of her kitty kollars to remove the itchy Velcro piece at the back. When I went to swap out the one she was wearing, she didn’t look too keen on getting one put back on. So I busted out the phone and the flash, and yes, I think she’s healed nicely and ready to go naked neckin’ again. So I guess that closes out the feeding tube chapter of her story.
:purr:
Many fish flakes were put out to celebrate the occasion.
:clapcat:

Attachments

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Naked neck! Scandalous! I modified one of her kitty kollars to remove the itchy Velcro piece at the back. When I went to swap out the one she was wearing, she didn’t look too keen on getting one put back on. So I busted out the phone and the flash, and yes, I think she’s healed nicely and ready to go naked neckin’ again. So I guess that closes out the feeding tube chapter of her story.
:purr:
Many fish flakes were put out to celebrate the occasion.
:clapcat:
She looks awesome! Good job you two!

One more day. Just one more day! You can do it!!! :cheerleader:

Krista will love you (even more than she already does, if possible) for that !:yess:
*nods* I agree 100%

:heartshape:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And we're done with the dosings! She took her tablespoon of tuna with pumpkin with meds mixed in like a champ. She's got one more rough day ahead of her and we both have one more poop soup to look forward to tonight.

I will add tuna with pumpkin to her rotation as a treat meal to get probiotics in her now and also dry up the soup.

Almost done with the tummy-twisting poop-soupers!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here’s a few more from that same moment and why I think that could be bliss -or- oral pain. She used to be an avid licker. Now it’s like licking sometimes causes her pain or discomfort. It’s sort of a brain-freeze face. If she’s still eating well after the antibiotics are out of her, I’d like to wait for the ear to resolve before I sign her up for another dental. But, if she needs to be sedated to check the ear, then we may as well check her mouth again. I guess we’ll discuss this at Sunday’s B-12 shot and ear and liver recheck.

Attachments

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
OMG she is just so adorable, especially with her little white feet up in front of her like that. YOU know her best, and I sure hope it isn't pain :frown:. After ALL she's been through, that would be awful to have to go through more, poor little one. Let's just hope it's sheer bliss:crossfingers:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG she is just so adorable, especially with her little white feet up in front of her like that. YOU know her best, and I sure hope it isn't pain :frown:. After ALL she's been through, that would be awful to have to go through more, poor little one. Let's just hope it's sheer bliss:crossfingers:
This is the cuteness I have to endure nightly. At the end of the day, when I finally lay down to watch some TV before sleep, she'll either half Sphinx (just the front paws on me) or full Sphinx (fully onboard like in these pictures) on me. She wants her 15 - 30 minutes of scritches before she gets up and says she's full up and wants to curl up to sleep next to me. If I lay down and immediately go onto my side (because I'm a side-sleeper), she gets in my face and tells me she wants her scritches time. Now because I get up multiple times in the night to refresh her food plates, she usually wants multiple servings of scritches too.

It's a tough job being her cat dad!
:catrub:

CHIKITTIES

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here’s a few more from that same moment and why I think that could be bliss -or- oral pain. She used to be an avid licker. Now it’s like licking sometimes causes her pain or discomfort. It’s sort of a brain-freeze face. If she’s still eating well after the antibiotics are out of her, I’d like to wait for the ear to resolve before I sign her up for another dental. But, if she needs to be sedated to check the ear, then we may as well check her mouth again. I guess we’ll discuss this at Sunday’s B-12 shot and ear and liver recheck.
Awwww.... :hearthrob::redheartpump::hearthrob: I hear both Krista and you are happily purring :lovecat:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hidden Krista Cam

She spent all day under the bookcase yesterday. Couldn’t see her on either of my cameras. So I got a new camera about the size of a salt shaker for under the bookcase. I have closed up that blind spot in my Krista surveillance network.
FA8A6F0E-A988-40AD-9CE2-9B9A2729EA03.jpeg

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're done with the antibiotics! She had her predictably rough night and greeted the morning with a soft but not soupy poop. I was able to squeeze in a mid-afternoon tuna with pumpkin with half a probiotic portion yesterday. We will be doing that again until her poops are once again perfect. In the meantime, I bet I can also get bone broth into that portion. That tuna with pumpkin is powerful stuff. Got her through pancreatitis!

We still had a poopfoot. I thought I'd try the cat-in-the-bag. I thought I had her bagged. I got up to get my phone because, "pics or it didn't happen" and she was already one paw poking out the neck and singing a freedom song. There was no pushing that paw back down. I had to do it. I had no choice. I had to let the cat out of the bag.
:whiskers:

I think punk rock Krista's neck is too skinny for the bag.

So after a week of antibiotics,

Challenges:
- Twisted tummy and soupy poops
- Weight loss (about 0.2 lbs)
- Dodgy appetite

Successes:
- Less head shaking and scratching but not eliminated
- She got her voice back. She had a mute meow with a squeak at the end. The squeak was cute. Now she's got her meow back. I wonder if the FortifFlora and Fancy Feast were causing an inflammation reaction that affected her throat.
- She's moving a lot better. She's still occasionally wobbly, sassy walk, or misses a landing but it's better than a week ago. This could just be normal progression that may have happened without the antibiotics.
- She's hiding less. She spends most mornings in the office with me in her new favorite tree. Even if she doesn't fit very well in the top perch. She's not a big cat but that's not a big perch.
- She will take probiotic and probably bone broth with tuna pumpkin portion. So we have a medicine meal now.
:petcat:

I'll schedule a vet visit for the weekend to check the ear and recheck the liver chemistry. And also put another charge in her with a B-12. Since they sold me a bottle, as long as I bring my bottle in, they don't charge me for the B-12 shot. So I might as well make them the villain.

Status
Not open for further replies.