Kovu died

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lillyenn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sometimes I think I'm getting better, but this is still so bad. I can barely sleep at normal times I'm such a wreck. This pain just never stops.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes I think I'm getting better, but this is still so bad. I can barely sleep at normal times I'm such a wreck. This pain just never stops.
I’m so sorry. Please feel free to PM me if you need to. We are all here to support you during this difficult time. I’m continuing to pray for you, as well❤

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The pain will always be there. It takes time and lots of it to get through it and find ways to cope. One important thing is to not make Kovu's death more important than his life. At the beginning, it is what we all do, focus all our energy on our loss and how much pain it is bringing us, and what a big hole it leaves in our hearts and our lives. Then one day, and it took me years, you realize how much those little ones loved life and would never want to be the reason to bring such pain into ours. Just as we would never want that for them, that is love. They live on through us now, because love is spiritual and a very part of our soul. It is eternal and will never change. Life is for the living, and no matter how much we want it, the past is set in stone and cannot be changed. It is up to us to take that first step towards healing, to know with certainty the love we carry will always be there right beside us as we go into the future. That love will help form our future and allow us to find love and life once more. Because the world goes on, as it has in the beginning and forever will. We will add on to our little one's love, allowing it to grow and become even bigger because they taught us what it means to love. Love brings more love if we allow it. Those little ones were a part of our world, celebrate having them there, and what they gave us. It is a treasure, a gift from their heart to ours. Don't turn that gift into something painful, thank Kovu for bringing you such happiness and tell him he always will. It is so very [ainful to lose them in our life, but what a tragic loss to have never met them at all. He is at peace because of your love. Let him bring some peace to yours.
It is a tortuous, uphill climb back into the world of the living. And for a long time, none of us want to be there. But it DOES get better, it becomes something we can live with. With the help of our little one's love, which we will always have, and support from others who have been there and are better, you will take that first step, one day at a time........May you be blessed for suffering so much in the name of love......

Diagnous

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I first started using this site, after a mom cat that we adopted from the street bought me her kittens. Kovu (who is also my profile pic here) was a really special kitten. He had so much life in him, always complaining and meowing for attention, chewing everything, playing with everything, stealing little things. He was such a personality, I called him my little goblin. When I wrote my first essay for an university subject, he was already there as a baby kitten, purring on my lap. He's been through some bad days as a small kitten, but I nursed him back to health every time. And finally, he has become a strong, beautiful cat. So naturally, because 2020 is the worst year ever, and because something bad always happens to us around Christmas time, he vanished yesterday. I searched for him everywhere, for a whole day. My mother asked one of our distant neighbours this morning, and it turns out, that their dog had killed him. I was devasteted. I don't understand why he went to that garden, he was smarter than that + he was barely allowed outside. They buried him in their garden, but gave him back to us, so we could properly bury him in ours. The house is extremely silent without him, my adult cats are not really talkative and they also not really playful without him, plus they sleep more than he ever did. I think they miss him too, since they aren't always happy with each other, but they all loved him. I love all of my cats equally, but he was special, because I raised him since he was just around 4-6 weeks old. I feel so bad, sad, lost, I can't handle this pain. I can't believe that he was still with me 2 days ago, and now he is lost forever. He was only 15 months old, such a short life. My mother had to go to relatives because of some important family stuff, so I'm all alone in this silence. If you could post pictures of cute black cats and kittens under this, I would really appreciate it, I need some cheering up.

Attachments