Koda Havening Trouble.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

HiddenFlame

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok everyone. Koda is fine. It was only a minor flare up of her peeing crystals or something like that. I watched her all day and while she was being hidden all day, I kept her happy with treats to keep checking up on her. I will still take her to a vet when I find a good one, just in case. But right now. She is herself again. A bit quieter, but she is fine.

HiddenFlame

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think she jus wants to be left alone for awhile. When you are sick or getting over sickness. You want nothing to do with people. I'm sure she is the same right now.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi, so good to hear she's more herself. Let us know what happens and what the vet says :)

HiddenFlame

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Got another question...

She likes to yell at me. She could have a full bowl of food, water, an a clean box. But she will look at me like "HEY HUMAN" I go to pet her and she runs away. So when I go back to doing whatever I was doing she comes right back to yelling at me. I follow her when she run and it under the bed. I'm so confused with her right now.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi - have you had a chance to shine a flashlight under the bed - is there a toy under there? Speaking of toys, when she starts hollering do you have a wand type toy (lots of folks like da bird) to dangle for her to chase, or real fur mice to throw, kickie toys to toss for her to grab, that sort of thing?

HiddenFlame

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've tried toys. She doesn't seem to care for them.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
not even real fur mice? yeow toys? electronic toys? Catnip?
Before the Big Guy came to take over heart and household, I had a mostly maine coon who was utterly unimpressed with 'nip ...

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Say, I just came across a reference to honeysuckle cat toys - maybe give one or two of those a try. Good luck :)

HiddenFlame

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No promises shell like it. I've tried balls, catnip, catnip covered balls. The three fuzzy ball danglers, so far only thing laser pointer is her go to toy

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I personally have reservations about the laser lights, but in this case, when she starts singing, what if you got up and rather than approaching her, walked in another direction. If she's interested and stops yelling (hopefully) to follow you out of curiosity, then interact with her, --give her a little laser time and then always finish with a treat. You of course don't want to encourage her meowing, but yet it would be good to help her expend some of that energy I think she's building up.

HiddenFlame

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ok. We have a Koda Update. While It may not be odd for most cats, but Koda is being very purry and cuddly lately. She normally dosent like to be held, touched, or cuddled when im in bed, but for some reason, today she is being all loving. I dont know why, but im not sure if i should be worried or not

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't know but it could be she's responding to your stress? However, you're not wrong to be paying attention to a big change in behavior. I don't know if you told us how old Koda is? In any case at this point, I'd say enjoy it to the max, and keep an eye on everything else :redheartpump:

HiddenFlame

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is 7 now I think

HiddenFlame

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I got a motorized ball with tail and a new pointer.

HiddenFlame

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
either its not good on carpet or the batteries are low, will have to try after work