Kitten won't take bottle or syringe

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

texasrose

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Final update-- they will be going to new homes soon.  Generally doing super, except the black kitty has snot issues.  Every few days he gets a nose and sinuses full of snot and boogers. After wheezing and having trouble getting air through his nose for a day or two, he'll sneeze everything out.  The snot is thick and gluey in consistency.  Once he gets it cleared, he is good for 3-5 days and it starts again.  I've switched cat litter twice just in case it was the dust.  When not being watched, he and his sister stay in a bathroom, so I run a humidifier in there when he is stuffy.  It seems to help loosen the gunk so he can sneeze it out.  Wish I could figure out the root issue.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like he has an upper respiratory infection and needs an antibiotic like clavamox to get rid of it. That would require a vet visit, but it would probably clear it quickly. He would feel a lot better too if it cleared up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

texasrose

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I took him it.  It isn't a URI. His lungs are totally clear.  It is like he is sucking dust up his nose, then getting snotty from it.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Goodness! Wonder if he has an allergy to something in his food? Have you tried different foods?

Do also give us the update when they actually go to their forever homes. Are they going together?

Last edited: