Kitten Is Meowing A Lot

nalaragdoll

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat has been meowing A LOT yesterday and especially today. She is somewhat vocal, but she has never been this vocal. It's constant, all the time. I'm wondering if she might be in pain or something? Maybe there's something wrong with her? She's just 7 months. Do you think I should take her to the vet?

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

nalaragdoll

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
N nalaragdoll , is she spayed? If not, she could be in heat.

If she's been spayed, she could be seeking attention or she saw something that attracted her attention and she wants to get to it or worse case scenario, she's in pain which needs the vet's attention.

Also if she's not spayed, please have her spayed for the sake of her health.

why-you-should-spay-and-neuter-your-cats.22304
spaying-and-neutering-what-to-ask-before-the-surgery.30217
Yes, I spayed her when she was 5 1/2 months old. I wonder if there's something going on with her teeth. She seems to have red gums, some swelling too. I should probably get it checked out. I'm afraid she's meowing because she's in pain.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nalaragdoll

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It was as I expected, she has an issue with her teeth (two back molars in her upper jaw). The issue is her two molars are going down through the gums in her lower jaw, so they're red and swollen. She has to have them pulled. It will cost me a fortune, sigh, but it has to be done. The vet said it's unusual, especially in someone so young, but it can happen with short nosed breeds (I have a British Shorthair, despite my username). He said it's because of their anatomy and possibly bad breeding.