Kitten Acts Hungry, But Then Doesn't Eat?

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
saleri saleri , Are you sure her weight is in pounds and not kilograms? A cat must weigh over 2kg or 4.7lbs before it can be spayed or neutered, which she is booked in for this week. You said at the start that she weighs 3.1lbs, which would have made her only 1.4kg and your vet would not have booked her in for her spay operation. She does look skinny, yes, but I suspect she weighs more than you're giving her credit for, if her weight were being counted in kgs by your vet.

Free-feeding her is a good idea at her age, and state of skinniness, regardless. But, I'd check on the unit of measurement of weight, if I were you, for your own records.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

saleri

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
saleri saleri , Are you sure her weight is in pounds and not kilograms? A cat must weigh over 2kg or 4.7lbs before it can be spayed or neutered, which she is booked in for this week. You said at the start that she weighs 3.1lbs, which would have made her only 1.4kg and your vet would not have booked her in for her spay operation. She does look skinny, yes, but I suspect she weighs more than you're giving her credit for, if her weight were being counted in kgs by your vet.

Free-feeding her is a good idea at her age, and state of skinniness, regardless. But, I'd check on the unit of measurement of weight, if I were you, for your own records.
She's definitely around 3.4 pounds. She's just very tiny for her age.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

saleri

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Are we talking kcal? Is 200 kcal that you wrote correct?
Four time 200 is 800 kcal, and honestly it is way too much!!!
Judging your kitty by the clips, I'd say that she needs 150-160 kcal a day.
I meant 200 calories total in a day.