Keeping a kitten alive

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh my! How long has she been rehomed? Have you been able to get an update on how she's doing?

It does sound like Jasper is doing much better. There was clearly tension. I hope your rehomed female is doing as well in her new home as Jasper is now. I know that wasn't easy for you. [emoji]128528[/emoji]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alexp08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Shes only been gone for about a week. I did message the people and they said shes a little shy but her kids love her.

It was hard, harder than i thought, but its for the best

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sometimes, rehoming to a carefully selected home is the best thing that we could do.  I think your girl had just reached her saturation point with other cats, and ONE of them would have had to go.  And I can understand why you flat could NOT consider rehoming Jasper.  I know how hard it was for you.  You obviously adore your cats (I've seen their castle!).

Somehow I missed that your lab's name is Stella.  It just didn't connect.  I now have a vivid mental picture of Jasper standing in the middle of the living room, yelling, "STELLA!  STELLA!," and Stella fluttering her eyelashes at you and declaiming "Ah have always depended on the kindness of strangahs."  But then, my Mom bottle-fed me on Tennessee Williams, and  A Streetcar Named Desire is an old favorite.

alexp08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sometimes, rehoming to a carefully selected home is the best thing that we could do.  I think your girl had just reached her saturation point with other cats, and ONE of them would have had to go.  And I can understand why you flat could NOT consider rehoming Jasper.  I know how hard it was for you.  You obviously adore your cats (I've seen their castle!).

Somehow I missed that your lab's name is Stella.  It just didn't connect.  I now have a vivid mental picture of Jasper standing in the middle of the living room, yelling, "STELLA!  STELLA!," and Stella fluttering her eyelashes at you and declaiming "Ah have always depended on the kindness of strangahs."  But then, my Mom bottle-fed me on Tennessee Williams, and  A Streetcar Named Desire is an old favorite.
Yeah i do love them. Ive been thinking about building another play castle for them haha

Btw this is how jasper sleeps.

Thats the edge of my coffee table hahaha

alexp08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sorry i haven't responded to anyone. Been pretty busy. But that picture is hilarious, and ive been thinking of building a outside cat pen with a window access but its still snowing here so thatll have to wait.

alexp08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
On another note i need immediate help. Jasper has stopped using the litter box and has been using my dogs cage instead...i didnt notice cause i hardly use the cage and well i guess my dog was cleaning it up :-/ anyways this has to stop! Nothing has changed except i rehomed my other cat (who is doing great btw). But what steps do i need to take?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Try closing the cage door for now, and put his litter box next to it.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Okay! [emoji]128077[/emoji]

Let us know how he does the next couple of days.

Has anything changed in Jasper's life recently that may have caused him to act out?

alexp08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sorry i havnt responded, wanted to give it sometime. Nothing has changed. But i use enclosed litter pans and apparently he became scared of them. I took the top off and hes using them again.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wow - simple solution to the problem! Good you figured it out! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OH good!  Nice detective work!  Cats can be notoriously finicky about their litter box arrangements!

alexp08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Anyone care to recommend a nice over the counter dewormer? I saw a little wiggler coming out of jaspers butt the other day. He was at the vets a few months ago and was clean, but its been a very warm winter here and with two dogs coming in and out im sure someone tracked something it. I have seen some eggs on his butt fur that look like tapeworm but ive never seen one actualy come out of the bum. Poop in the litter looks clear.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tapeworm Tabs work fine. They don't actually cost less than Drontal so if your vet will let you buy seom Drontal without bringing the cat in, that's probably best.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Bayer makes the tapeworm tablets for cats and dogs. They are sold at Pet Smart, and can be purchased for less on Amazon and eBay.

sunshineclare

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow just read this whole thread! You've done a great job with jasper and Amazing Tobi had a kitten aged 13! How is she doing? Xx