Keeping a kitten alive

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This meme makes me think of Jasper.  A wee demon in a fur coat!

And we note, this kitten is NOT in the proper nursing position, but IT ridiculously cute, rather like Jasper, himself!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

alexp08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh yes I'm pretty sure I was nursing my doom! He's a menace lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

alexp08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi, just wanted to stop by for an update.

First jasper is psyco! His favorite toy is my door haha he runs at it as fast as possible and then lundges at the last minute to make it slam shut and then he proceeds to jump at it haha

On another note, this is still happening lol

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What a big baby! I guess your dog is okay with it still! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

It's great to get an update!

How's his mom doing?

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL!  Oh wow he's a big boy now!  How old is he now?  I was just wondering the other day how he was doing.  So glad you stopped by to update us!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I was thinking of you guys yesterday morning, and then this post showed up! Thank you for sharing Jaspers' life with us...

Wow, still nursing!! Your dog is so unbelievably patient!  That is amazing... I never heard of this...amazing..

thanks for sharing his antics!  We do need a full faced, body shot of Jasper in action mode!!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You may have to change Jasper's name to Peter Pan.  I don't believe that he's ever going to grow up!  Ah well, the dog is happy with the arrangement, it seems.  Who are we to judge?

alexp08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Is this whay you mean by full face shot?

Hahaha bts that wallpaper in the background...yeah thats jaspers doing. Everywhere he can reach he tears it down lol

His mom is doing suprisingly well for her condition. Still outside and loving it. Shes there in the morning to get fed, disappears for awhile then comes back to get fed at night.

Haha yeah my dog doesnt seem to mind the nursing, but i do lol he gets loud with it sometimes hahahah.

As far as age, i lost track after he got spayed. But im thinking around 6 months.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He's actually only 5 months old. He was born on April 24th. I looked back at the beginning of your thread. Boy, was he tiny then!

He's a busy boy learning how to remove wallpaper! Never a dull moment!

He's as handsome as can be. Glad to hear his mama is doing alright! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Is this whay you mean by full face shot?

Hahaha bts that wallpaper in the background...yeah thats jaspers doing. Everywhere he can reach he tears it down lol

His mom is doing suprisingly well for her condition. Still outside and loving it. Shes there in the morning to get fed, disappears for awhile then comes back to get fed at night.

Haha yeah my dog doesnt seem to mind the nursing, but i do lol he gets loud with it sometimes hahahah.

As far as age, i lost track after he got spayed. But im thinking around 6 months.

OMG!!! He is so precious!! such a character! You can see if written all over him!  such a mischief maker!! 

Glad to hear his momma is doing ok...holding her own...

Your poor dog!! The look on her face! She seems just resigned as to being his 'baby bottle".....Jasper is certainly the "Boss" in this relationship! 

BTW, how old is your dog? She looks exceptionally sweet... I mean, she would have to be, to put up with all of Jasper's antics...

alexp08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Shes a year and a half old

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Shes a year and a half old

Not being a dog person, I am not all that familiar with breeds. Is your dog a lab? or a mix... I cannot believe how patient she is with Jasper.. and so loving...

Truly a lifelong friendship...

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

In order to be lactating, she must have had a litter of puppies recently?
I know the answer to this...any female mammal can begin to lactate with enough stimulus.  She just...responded to his need.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, she did. There are no puppies, and she's not spayed, so the hormones for lactating are there! ;)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I once heard about a neutered male cat who started lactating after some kittens were suckling on him for an extended period. . .not enough to feed them exclusively, of course, but still, that's pretty impressive. Bodies are amazing.