Jigsaws

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I tried to teach there because I was having trouble finding a job at home. In retrospect, it was a disaster. I was really homesick and the job was not what they said it would be and I ended up getting fired two months in (out of what was supposed to be a two year contract). It was a beautiful country and everyone except my employers and the ants that infested my apartment were lovely, and I wish I'd gotten to see more of it before I left.
Were you in KL?
That's such a shame. I enjoyed my time there, although it isn't without its problems, and they still exist.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Were you in KL?
That's such a shame. I enjoyed my time there, although it isn't without its problems, and they still exist.
I was in its suburb Petaling Jaya - at least my apartment was. I don't remember if the school was in KL proper. I had been planning a trip to the highlands for the first school break, and I'm disappointed that fell through. Maybe someday I'll get back - though there's a lot of the world to see if we're ever allowed to travel again, so it's probably not at the top of any lists.

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
I was in its suburb Petaling Jaya - at least my apartment was. I don't remember if the school was in KL proper. I had been planning a trip to the highlands for the first school break, and I'm disappointed that fell through. Maybe someday I'll get back - though there's a lot of the world to see if we're ever allowed to travel again, so it's probably not at the top of any lists.
Yes, that's where I was. It's usually where they put the Orang Putih :lol:
My apartment block had big rainforesty trees all around it, filled with monkeys.
We used to go up to the highlands a lot, to escape the heat.

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
A friend came around for what we call a 'retreat day'. We do some meditation, a walk, and sometimes a jigsaw.
We finished this 500 one quite easily. :)

jigsaw.JPG

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And today!

0507201648.jpg

susanm9006 susanm9006 I get excited when I make a spot and realize one of the few differently shaped pieces go there.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I couldn’t do that kind of puzzle Lari Lari . The pieces are just too similar in shape for me. When I get down to finishing a puzzle and there are no more interesting imaging sections , I usually sort by shape to make finding the right piece a little quicker.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Puzzle confession. I most certainly don’t lack puzzles to complete and I usually buy used puzzles BUT there is a White Mountain puzzle, Antique Store, that I have really wanted for quite a while that showed up new on EBay. It was only about $5 more than it would have cost ordering elsewhere so I bought it. It will be hear next week and by that time my boring brown puzzle should be done.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Finished!
0508201632.jpg

I think I'll do a 750 piece I got from a school that was closing next, and then take a break until after the move. Even with my puzzle keeper, I'd rather not be transporting a half finished puzzle in a move.

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
I couldn’t do that kind of puzzle Lari Lari . The pieces are just too similar in shape for me. When I get down to finishing a puzzle and there are no more interesting imaging sections , I usually sort by shape to make finding the right piece a little quicker.
Absolutely with you there, and especially since you don't check the picture susanm9006 susanm9006 . Shape is a great indicator. That round one I just finished had some very interesting pieces

Finished!
View attachment 333458

I think I'll do a 750 piece I got from a school that was closing next, and then take a break until after the move. Even with my puzzle keeper, I'd rather not be transporting a half finished puzzle in a move.
Well done! And no.. partially completed jigsaws and moving do not go together.. :disappointed:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I think all you Puzzle Geniuses should have a contest.See who can finish first and there will
be a prize. Maybe a gift card from Amazon?