Izzy's Tail Looks Strange ( Pictures Provided)

SusieCookie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello all,
I have come back again, but with another baby with an issue. This last week my Izzy girl has been scratching at her tail, and has always reacted with licking and nibbles when I pat her back. But, now her tail now looks so strange to me. It looks kinda skinny and swollen at the end. Could anyone give me advice?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SusieCookie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Izzy’s beautiful! Have you been able to feel her tail? Is is tender? Is there a lump? What does it feel like?
It kinda feels a tad lumpy, but no tenderness or pain from her part. It feels kinda fatty. And isn't she?? She just has the prettiest markings ♡

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry Izzy is having a problem that has affected her tail. Here is an Article about health issues in tails that I hope you find helpful:
Health Issues In Tails

Please contact your vet and keep us posted on her progress.:hangin:

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It’s not a hair mat? Sort of a weird place to get one but who knows? If not, I’d schedule a vet appointment. No rush but why not be safe?

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
Izzy is beautiful and certainly was prettier before her tail issue. I love torties.

My first thought was she has a chronic problem in which cats nibble, lick, or scratch the "lower" back and tail area very often because of itching or pain in the area But I don't know what connection that would have to a tail changing shape.

SusieCookie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It’s not a hair mat? Sort of a weird place to get one but who knows? If not, I’d schedule a vet appointment. No rush but why not be safe?
I touched her tail a little more. She does have an awful amount of fur! There is a little matting because she has gotten so big ( she's on a diet and has lost 3 pounds!)

SusieCookie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Izzy is beautiful and certainly was prettier before her tail issue. I love torties.

My first thought was she has a chronic problem in which cats nibble, lick, or scratch the "lower" back and tail area very often because of itching or pain in the area But I don't know what connection that would have to a tail changing shape.
I am thinking she might have some discomfort there because she does tend to bite there at times. The tail shape is just baffling me. I can't tell if it's just me or if it did change shape.

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
Is she losing a lot of fur in that area naturally?

SusieCookie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update: So on a hunch I bought a flea comb, and guess what my Fiancé finds on my Izzy? FLEAS. I am immediately cleaning up the house and getting a bunch of flea supplies. My poor baby.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I was gonna suggest that. A lot of cats start licking the base of their tail when they get fleas, so it makes that part of the tail look skinnier. Hopefully her tail will be as pretty as ever once those nasty bugs are gone!