It Has Been A Week...

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you.. I had a major breakdown last night.. It was a major one... lasting a long time... and continues this morning....

I really miss, "my Artie".... so much..
his company.. just his being... kind of popping in to visit, whatever I was doing.. ... walking all over me... his purring.. his softness, his love... his silliness....his fur... Artie's ability to make me feel loved... his warmth.. His trilling, when he jumped on my bed--walking all over me..

His tapping my shoulder to get up... his meowing in my ear... his cuddling, right up against me..

still second guessing myself for somethings.. but I do not have any regrets about all I did for Artie...
just the normal wishing, that I if only I could have done something to extend his time with me... and to stop his suffering.. but; that was an impossibility... I am still going through the stages of grief... and I will always miss My Artie...

almost everything of his is gone.. just a few more things, which I hope to give away this week... finding pieces of litter, here and there--- putting them in a empty pill container, along with any stray pieces of fur, I may find.. I found a whisker-- saved it...
I also have a lot of his fur... from his brush.. and his nail clippers... a few stray clippings, I found on Saturday...

Sometimes wishing I could clone him from these DNA specimens.. but...

Some people are telling me to hold on to the large thing, scratchers, stairs... but, honestly, the memories are hurting, at this point.. just reminders of things which cannot ever be again...

I have one relative who is telling me to adopt... and kind of soon... because I am alone... she has 2 cats

I have a friend who will not strongly voice her opinion, but wants me to do whatever it is I feel I need to do... when I feel I need to do it...She wants me to make up my own decision.. and not listen to others...she knows how much I loved Artie, and what he meant to me.

I have a close friend, who knows that I am planning to move, next year. The apartment options are limited due to income.. and there are even slimmer rental opportunities for anyone with a pet... She has flat out told me, several times, that I CANNOT have a pet... that Artie was it.. She does not want to hurt my feelings, but she wants me to be realistic and not hurt any opportunities for an apartment. She is not an animal person.

This is making me feel even worse..

I keep going up to PetSmart, to look at the cats... this week, I am dropping off some things at Angell, in Boston.. and of course, I will look at the kitties...

I just feel lost and alone... I go out, daily... trying not to spend money... but coming home to an empty apartment, devoid of love, is just a cold feeling to me...

It is so unfathomable, realizing how much time Artie took up.. how much energy, thought process, shopping, yes-- money... but the love was so rich..

I am still waiting for the dam management company to begin the construction (repointing) of the building. That is going to be so much noise, dust, workmen, everywhere on the outside... If I only knew when they would be starting the job, I could anticipate, when, they may be ending...

The days are really long.. apartment is very empty and loveless..

thanks for thinking of me... just a really bad few days...

I think it was extra bad for me, because Saturday would have been my mom's 95th b-day... and this Sunday is Father's Day... this is all making me feel even more alone... and all the love which I have lost... I am no different than anyone else.. yet, it is really effecting me....

In the past, when I felt this way; I was always able to grab Artie, hug him, cry into his fur... and he allowed it... he knew I needed his love.... now I do not have that....

I am trying.. I am seeking help, I am praying-- so much... it is just a matter of time, to get through this.. time and keeping myself busy...

thanks...
:alright::grouphug::hearthrob: :rbheart::lovecat2::angel::redheartpump::vibes::vibes::hugs::grouphug2::heartshape:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
I thought of fostering---but, I could never give the cat up... it would be fostering to adopt....

And... I really do not want to begin anew with a sick cat.. not on purpose... too heartbreaking for me....

still so unsure of my future....

I do know the management company wants to get into all the apartments, in order to install new kitchen and bathroom cabinets.. ... that takes a full week--where the tenant needs to be gone-- away from their apartment..
So far it is voluntary... who knows about next year... or next level of treatment.

feel as if I am on marked time here... and my mental health is suffering from not knowing... along with missing Artie..

sigh...
:grouphug::grouphug2:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Cindy, I am fairly certain that your doctor would be more than happy to write a 504 accomodation letter for you, stating your need for an emotional support cat. With that in hand, NO LANDLORD can refuse your cat, nor can they charge you a pet deposit in most states. Keep that in mind, as you look. My complex doesn't allow pets without an accomodation letter, yet here I am, with Hek. People like us are why those laws exist. DO NOT LET A "NO PET" POLICY GET YOU DOWN!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I just sent an e-mail message to the president of the rescue, asking about returning to volunteering. I asked is I needed a 'refresher' course or if I could just jump in...

I think that would be a good thing for me to do, right now; plus it is summer. People will be going away on vacation; thus, leaving a lot of openings, for me to pick up.... and I would be able to be around at least 5 kitties....

If I happened to fall in love with one of the rescues, it would be very easy for me to take the little one home... That is, as long as I got Artie's approval....

But, I need to do something useful with my life... and something that I enjoy... It could work out well...

These shifts are as long as I want to be there. They try to keep the lowest limit at 2 hours--feeding, cleaning,... but the exact amount of time is up to the volunteer.

There are only 2 volunteer shifts each week-day: feeding and cleaning each end of the day...

On week-ends, they have more shifts due to the public being around more... all day shifts, of 2 hours each...

Will let you guys know what transpires from the message. The president only reads her e-mail once per day... and could even be consulting with others about me returning....who knows???

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just sent an e-mail message to the president of the rescue, asking about returning to volunteering. I asked is I needed a 'refresher' course or if I could just jump in...

I think that would be a good thing for me to do, right now; plus it is summer. People will be going away on vacation; thus, leaving a lot of openings, for me to pick up.... and I would be able to be around at least 5 kitties....

If I happened to fall in love with one of the rescues, it would be very easy for me to take the little one home... That is, as long as I got Artie's approval....

But, I need to do something useful with my life... and something that I enjoy... It could work out well...

These shifts are as long as I want to be there. They try to keep the lowest limit at 2 hours--feeding, cleaning,... but the exact amount of time is up to the volunteer.

There are only 2 volunteer shifts each week-day: feeding and cleaning each end of the day...

On week-ends, they have more shifts due to the public being around more... all day shifts, of 2 hours each...

Will let you guys know what transpires from the message. The president only reads her e-mail once per day... and could even be consulting with others about me returning....who knows???
Artie would approve. His love for you is forever and he knows that his place in your heart is forever too. He knows how special you are and what an amazing mom you are. All he would ever want is for you to be happy. He knows that someday when the time is right he's going to get you back and until then he will watch over you with so much love. If he finds the right cat that he decides is worthy of his beloved Mom, he will guide you to each other. :hugs:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Cindy, I am fairly certain that your doctor would be more than happy to write a 504 accomodation letter for you, stating your need for an emotional support cat. With that in hand, NO LANDLORD can refuse your cat, nor can they charge you a pet deposit in most states. Keep that in mind, as you look. My complex doesn't allow pets without an accomodation letter, yet here I am, with Hek. People like us are why those laws exist. DO NOT LET A "NO PET" POLICY GET YOU DOWN!
:clap::jive::banana1::banana2::salam::clap2::cheerleader::goodluck:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Artie would approve. His love for you is forever and he knows that his place in your heart is forever too. He knows how special you are and what an amazing mom you are. All he would ever want is for you to be happy. He knows that someday when the time is right he's going to get you back and until then he will watch over you with so much love. If he finds the right cat that he decides is worthy of his beloved Mom, he will guide you to each other. :hugs:
:bawling2::hearthrob::redheartpump:

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Luck. I agree with the others. Artie would want for you to be happy same as if it was you who went instead and left him behind. When you are ready, you may find another cat but Artie was and always will be your soul kitty.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I miss him, too. And I never met him in real life. NOT the way you do, but there is an empty spot in my heart. I know that there is a loving, purring spirit there still, but...I miss him.
I miss him too. We never met but we will. Someday when the time is right, we will ALL cross the bridge and an exceptionally handsome, sweet, intelligent ginger boy will be there and say, "Hi there! I'm Artie! It's nice to finally meet you!" He's going to get SO many hugs and kisses. RIP sweetheart. You are dearly loved and you will NEVER be forgotten.